Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Item # 804ZX800 | MFR # ZX800
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Concertone ZX800by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Concertone's ZX800 DVD receiver has improved on the already impressive capabilities of their ZX690 DVD receiver, upping the ante by adding Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, plus an HDMI output for high-definition video output.
Plenty of power and multiple output zones
The ZX800 boasts 200 watts RMS total output, spread out over 10 channels. You can run three different zones, with 6 channels powering the five speakers and Concertone subwoofer in your main room, and the remaining four channels covering two other stereo zones. You can select a single zone for music listening, or get every zone in on the party. And you can send video to all three zones as well, so everybody can enjoy the same movie, sports, or television program.
Plays your media
The ZX800 plays your video DVDs and your regular CDs, plus CDs and DVDs burned with MP3 files. Two audio/video inputs and two audio inputs allow you to connect satellite TV, video game consoles, satellite radio, and other entertainment sources. You'll also love the front-panel USB and SD™ card inputs, plus a mini-jack input that's perfect for plugging in an iPod®. The multi-function learning remote can control the Concertone receiver, your TV, and other components.
Concertone's packed a few extra features you'll appreciate into the ZX800. The tuner includes a weather band tuner so you can keep up with the latest advisories. And the clock's sleep timer shuts off the system automatically, saving battery power.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM/weather band tuner
- 10 amplifier channels with 200 watts total RMS power output
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- learning remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards
- 3-zone output — 5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C
- inputs: front-panel USB and SD card inputs, front-panel aux input input, two rear A/V inputs, rear auxiliary input
- outputs: 3 composite video outputs, one HDMI output; 3-zone speaker outputs (5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C); 2-channel preamp outputs
- mounting dimensions: 6-3/4" W x 9-1/2" H x 5" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- ZX800 DVD/Receiver
- Wireless remote control
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Zone A speaker wiring harness
- Zone B/C speaker wiring harness
- Power/Subwoofer wiring harness
- Owner's manual
Overview: The Concertone ZX800 is an A/V receiver for your RV; it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM/Weather Band tuner built in, HDMI and composite video outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to power up to eleven speakers (5.2 channel surround sound in the main zone and two additional zones with two speakers each). The ZX800 is powered with 12 volts DC and mounts in a standard Chassis Group A opening, 6-3/4" wide x 9-1/2" tall.
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (200 watts RMS total output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) has 5.2 channel surround sound and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The two subwoofer outputs are amplified and designed to power Concertone's SW-BOX4 subwoofers (item number 804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 6.712"
- Height: 9.4"
- Depth: 5"
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 11"
- Depth: 1-1/4"
Radio: The ZX800 has AM, FM, and Weather Band tuners built in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. When you switch to the Weather Band the tuner will automatically search for a frequency strong enough to tune. You can also manually switch between the seven programmed Weather Band frequencies. The Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the FM band and store strong stations until all 27 presets are full (if 27 stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD, DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo) files.
Inputs/Outputs: The ZX800 has two audio video inputs (both are rear panel composite video and stereo RCA), two analog audio inputs (one front panel 3.5mm mini-jack and a pair of rear panel stereo RCAs), and one digital audio input (optical and coaxial digital inputs, but you can only use one of them) to easily add outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs (one for each zone) and one HDMI output. The HDMI output is video only (audio is transferred but the volume is too low to be useful) and the video resolution can be scaled to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB port are compatible with memory devices up to 8 GB and will play MP3, MP4, and JPEG files. The USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Bluetooth: The ZX800 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0 Class II transceiver, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth enabled cell phone and make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. There is a microphone on the front panel and you can hear the other party through the connected speakers. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology developed for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. The ZX800 also supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming. Supported profiles include OPP, OBEX, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to controlling the ZX800, the included remote is programmable and can learn codes from other devices' remotes.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive, S-video
- Resolution: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox, 16:9
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Front: Large, Small, Off
- Center: Large, Small, Off
- Rear: Large, Small, Off
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
- Downmix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, 5.1 Channel
- Subwoofer: on, off
- Center Delay: 0 to 5ms (1ms increments)
- Rear Delay: 0 to 15ms (3ms increments)
- Bass Mode: Large, Small, Off
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
iPod Dock: An iPod Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW150B, sold separately) to charge select iPods and integrate them with the ZX800. The ZW150B is compatible with the 4th generation iPod, the iPod mini, the 5th generation iPod, the 1st generation iPod classic (80 GB and 160 GB, introduced in 2007), the 2nd generation iPod classic (120 GB), the 1st generation iPod nano, the 2nd generation iPod nano, the 3rd generation iPod nano, and the 4th generation iPod nano.
Satellite Radio Dock: An OnyX XM Radio Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW125, sold separately) to integrate your OnyX tuner with the ZX800.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The ZX800 has a built-in clock and sleep timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- SD Video Output: 3 male RCA
- A/V Input 2: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- IR Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Line Output: Female stereo RCA
- Digital Audio Input: Optical or Coaxial (can't use both)
- Audio Input 2: Female stereo RCA
- HD Video Output: HDMI
- USB: Type-A port
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- Service Terminal: USB mini B 2.0; JTAG port for firmware update by authorized technician only
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Maximum Current Consumption: 10 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 200 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω allowable)
- THD: typical 0.05%; maximum 0.1%
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V 75Ω
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.