Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pentax DA f/3.5-4.5 10-17mm Lens
Fish-eye zoom lens for Pentax K-mount cameras
Item # 815DA1017 | MFR # 21580
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Pentax DA f/3.5-4.5 10-17mm Lens by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
Bend space to your will
A busy street is no place for dawdling. So when it's time to take that corporate HQ shot for the annual report, you'll be happy this Pentax DA f/3.5 -4.5 10-17mm fisheye is locked in place on the front of your SLR. With a 180-degree angle of view at full wide, this lens will get it all into the frame. Your shot will be crystal-clear, with a bold, artistic aesthetic. This is an ideal choice for landscape and industrial photographers who want to explore a more adventurous depiction of space.
- Pentax KAF 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 fisheye zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 15-25.5mm
- compatible with Pentax K-mount digital SLR and hybrid cameras
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass lens element corrects chromatic aberration for excellent image quality and sharpness
- 180 degree maximum angle-of-view ideal for panoramic landscapes, architecture, artistic applications
- Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation
- constructed of 10 elements in 8 groups
- minimum focus distance: 5-9/16"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 10mm)/f32 (at 17mm)
- filter size: not applicable
- lens is 2-7/8" long, 2-3/4" in diameter
- weight: 11.3 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- supplied accessories: front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- smc Pentax-DA Fish-eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5ED (IF) lens (with attached front and rear lens caps)
- Vinyl case
- Operating Manual
- Notification of Change of Company Name sheet
- Pentax Worldwide Service Network sheet
- Serial Number Card
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||F3.5 (W) - 4.5 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The smc Pentax-DA Fish-eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5ED (IF) is a fish-eye zoom lens for Pentax D-SLR and interchangeable lens cameras. The lens has a 180° maximum angle of view for wide panoramic scenes, as well as for the artistic lines and curves that only a Fish-eye lens can deliver.
Lens Mount: The lens has a KAF-mount, and can fit Pentax D-SLR and interchangeable lens cameras with KAF, KAF2 and KAF3 mounts. This includes the Pentax K-5 and K-01 cameras.
Quick Shift Focus: The Quick Shift Focusing System allows for instant switching from Auto to Manual focus. If focus is set to Auto, you can focus manually after autofocus is achieved by manually turning the focusing ring. This can be done without changing the focus mode to Manual.
ED Glass: The Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element offers superior sharpness with minimum chromatic and spherical aberration.
Super Protect: The Pentax-original SP (Super Protect) coating repels dust, water, and grease to help keep the lens clean.
- Focal Length: 10-17mm
- 35mm Equivalent: not possible
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- Mount Type: KAF-mount
- Maximum Aperture: F3.5-4.5
- Minimum Aperture: F22-32
- Maximum Magnification: 0.39x
- Angle of View: 180°-100°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.46' (5.52")
- Lens Hood: built-in
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Diameter: 2.664"
- Length: 3.283" (3.485" w/caps)
- Weight: 11.3 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.