Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Lens
Standard-length prime lens for Pentax K-mount digital and film SLR cameras
Item # 815FA50 | MFR # 20817
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Lens by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The fast Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 lens works well for all your Pentax SLRs both DSLRs with APS-C sensors and full-frame 35mm film cameras. Well-suited for everyday news reportage, landscapes, and snapshots, this lens is also excellent for portraits when mounted on an APS-C camera as its length becomes an effective 75mm.
But this lens has other attractions. The FA 50mm is very light-sensitive and features excellent control over depth of field, so it's perfect for emotive, artistic portraits in natural light.
What's in the Box:
- smc Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 lens (with attached front and rear lens caps)
- Operating Manual
- Notification of Change of Company Name sheet
- Pentax Worldwide Service Network sheet
- Serial Number Card
- Pentax KAF 50mm f/1.4 portrait-length lens with 35mm equivalent of 75mm on APS-C cameras
- compatible with Pentax K-mount digital/film SLRs and hybrid cameras
- Pentax smc multi-layer coating lowers surface reflection, reduces ultraviolet rays and delivers high-contrast images
- Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation
- constructed of 7 elements in 6 groups
- minimum focus distance: 18"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- filter size: 49mm
- lens is 1-1/2" long, 2-1/2" in diameter
- weight: 7.8 ounces
- supplied accessories: front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The smc Pentax FA 50mm F1.4 is a standard lens that is recommended for indoor photography, portraiture, low light photography, still life, and wedding photography. The lens was developed for Pentax film SLR cameras, but full frame optics are also compatible with Pentax digital SLR cameras. Its fast F1.4 aperture offers outstanding depth-of-field control in all types of lighting conditions.
Lens Mount: The lens has a Pentax K-mount, and can fit Pentax D-SLR and interchangeable lens cameras, including the Pentax K-5 and K-01 cameras.
smc Lens Coating: The Pentax FA 50mm F1.4 lens features the acclaimed Pentax smc multi-layer coating to lower surface reflection, reduce ultraviolet rays and deliver clear, high-contrast images.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 75mm
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Mount Type: Pentax K-mount
- Maximum Aperture: F1.4
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.15x
- Angle of View: 47°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17.72"
- Lens Hood: PH-RBC 49mm (not included)
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Diameter: 2.542"
- Length: 1.889" (2.218" w/caps)
- Weight: 7.76 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.