SunBriteTV® Pro Series
32" weatherproof outdoor 1080p LED HDTV (Silver)
Our take on the SunBriteTV® Pro Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Black finish shown.
The best 32" outdoor TV under the sun
SunBriteTV's Pro Series weatherproof TVs take outdoor viewing to the next level. Extended Solar Tolerance (EST) technology allows the TV to be viewed in direct sunlight. An anti-glare tempered-glass shield in front protects the TV screen from potential damage. That's especially important if the TV is near a backyard play area where an errant volleyball or Frisbee® could smack the screen.
Designed to live outdoors year-round, the 32" SB-3211HD is a perfect addition to your outdoor kitchen or patio, deck, yard, or other outdoor living area. The bright LED-lit panel delivers brilliant, colorful images — whether you're watching in afternoon sunlight or silvery moonlight. The notion of leaving a TV out in the elements takes some getting used to, but this TV is incredibly rugged.
How rugged is it?
This TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F, and this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -40°F. In the world of outdoor TVs, SunBriteTV is known for providing both quality and value. Every one of their TVs is designed, engineered and built in California.
You'll find two HDMI inputs for high-def sources like a Blu-ray player and a cable or satellite TV box. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too (great for streamed video or sharing vacation slideshows). A detachable all-weather speaker bar is included, and you can attach it either above or below the TV screen. SunBriteTV really thought of everything — even the remote control is weatherproof.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
To watch HD video sources on your outdoor TV without running cables, check out SunBriteTV's weatherproof wireless HD system.
- Ultra-Bright 1000-nit screen provides consistent accurate color even in direct sunlight
- anti-glare tempered-glass shield helps protect screen from impact
- exterior designed to protect internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability
- heat dispersion system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122 degrees F
- designed to operate in cold weather (-40 degrees F)
- water-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- rear IR receiver (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- weatherproof remote control
- weatherproof detachable speaker bar (10 watts x 2)
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- full HD 1080p LED-backlit screen for improved outdoor viewing
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 2 HDMI 1.4
- 2 component video
- 1 composite/S-video
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- coaxial digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or stereo system
- RS232 serial control (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- made in USA
- 31-1/8"W x 21-7/8"H x 5-7/16"D (with speaker bar)
- weight: 45 lbs. (with speaker bar)
- this TV does not come with a pedestal stand (sold separately, model SB-TS-P-32A)
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for both residential and commercial use in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
Pro Series Outdoor HDTV: The Pro Series Direct Sun Outdoor LED-LCD HDTV is water-resistant, resilient, and durable. Its guaranteed to function safely and effectively in a wide variety of elements including rain, snow, extreme heat and cold, dust, salt air, and beyond. A tempered glass shield protects the LED-LCD screen in active environments, while direct sun readable EST technology helps guard against isotropic blackout. Its powder-coated aluminum exterior shields internal components while the ultra-bright, full 1080p HD / LED-LCD anti-glare screen delivers exceptional outdoor viewing quality.
- Powder-Coated Aluminum Exterior: Made for permanent outdoor installation, a powder coated aluminum exterior protects against rust while shielding the internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air.
- Ultra-Bright, Anti-Reflective Screen: Indoor TVs are designed for lower indoor brightness levels and often feature a high-gloss finish, which can make for a poor outdoor viewing experience. SunBriteTV Pro Series has high temperature tolerant, ultra-bright professional-grade anti-reflective screen to deliver clear images in brighter outdoor lighting conditions.
- Enhanced Solar Tolerance (EST): The SunBriteTV Pro Series is direct sunlight readable, featuring high-temperature Enhanced Solar Tolerance (EST) technology to help guard against isotropic blackout (those annoying dark spots that could appear over the screen when it faces the sun).
- Tempered Glass Shield: A tempered glass shield protects the LED-LCD screen in direct sunlight environments.
- Thermal-Flow Air Ventilation: A built-in heating and cooling system allows the TV to operate in temperatures from -40 F up to 122 degrees F.
Note: Indoor TV manufacturers specifically prohibit outdoor use. Installing a display that is independently certified safe for outdoor use helps protect homeowners from harm and installers from liability.
Built-In OTA Tuner: The Pro Series SunBriteTV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals. There is a single coaxial RF (f-type) connector to connect your antenna (sold separately).
Audio/Video Inputs: The Pro Series SunBriteTV is equipped with HDMI, Component, Composite, S-video inputs; along with RCA audio inputs.
- HDMI: There are two HDMI inputs which support 480, 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video; along with 2ch PCM (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
- Component: There are two component video inputs that support 480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, and 1080 video. Each component video input is paired with a stereo audio RCA input.
- Composite: There is one composite video input that supports 480i video only. It is paired with a stereo audio RCA input.
- S-Video: There is one S-video input that supports 480i video only. It shares the same stereo audio RCA input as the composite video input.
Note: This TV is not 4K or HDR compatible.
PC Input: A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo minijack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
Audio Outputs: The Pro Series SunBriteTV is outfitted with a SPDIF digital output and analog output. The SPDIF digital output consists of a coaxial (RCA) jack with support for 2ch PCM or Dolby Digital. The analog output consists of a stereo minijack (3.5mm) connector. The digital output is fixed, while the analog output is variable.
Audio/Video Settings: The TV offers audio & video adjustments. You can adjust the television's Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Tint, Color, Color Temp, & Noise Reduction. You can also adjust the TV's Bass & Treble. In addition there is an AVC (Auto Volume Control) feature.
Detachable Soundbar Speaker: A weatherproof, detachable 20W soundbar speaker is included. It can be mounted above or below the TV.
Remote Control: The included weatherproof remote provides wireless operation of the SunBriteTV outdoors. The TV is also equipped with a RS232 Serial Port for discrete on/off and input control. A rear IR receiver located in the cable compartment keeps IR emitter hidden and protected. There is a remote lockout feature that prevents unauthorized users from changing programming.
Note: This TV supports Sony's universal remote code. If SunBriteTV is not listed for your universal remote control, please look up Sony's codes in your universal remote's hand book
Weatherproof Cable Entry System: Cable hookups are easy with SunBriteTV's weatherproof cable entry system. Thick gaskets form a compression seal around cables, and the media compartment can accommodate many types of media players and baluns. A media bay power port provides on-demand power without the need for external cords (email@example.com/12v@3amps).
Mounting Options: Made for permanent outdoor installation; SunBriteTV Pro Series is perfect for patios, decks, porches, etc.. This TV does not come with a pedestal stand, but one is available and sold separately. The TV is also equipped with 100mm x 100mm wall-mount inserts for mounting the television to a wall using an optional outdoor wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see accessories tab).
Attached Power Cord: The TV is equipped with an attached AC power cord. When using the TV outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.
Parental Control & Close Captions (CC): You can select a viewing limitation based on TV and movie ratings (protected by a 4-digit passcode). The SunBriteTV television also provides Closed Captioning.
Sleep Timer & Auto Turn Off: The TV's Sleep Timer can be set to 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 120, 180, or 240 minutes. This TV will also turn off automatically if there is no signal present for more than 15 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.