Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Paradigm SHIFT™ A2 Bluetooth® Bundle
Two A2 speakers, desktop stands, and BD1 wireless Bluetooth receiver
Item # 819A2BTB | MFR # 1100000047
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Paradigm SHIFT™ A2 Bluetooth® Bundleby Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Superb sound with wireless convenience
You don't have to choose between the convenience of wireless playback and high-performance sound. With the Paradigm A2 Bluetooth Bundle you get both. This system starts with a pair of the amazing Paradigm SHIFT A2 powered speakers in a sleek, Storm Black satin finish. Then it adds Paradigm's BD1 Bluetooth plug-in adapter that lets you wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, portable music players, tablets, and computers. Plus it comes with a pair of matching brushed stainless steel desktop stands that angle your A2s upward to provide optimum stereo sound.
Rock your desktop, or your entire room
If you've never heard the A2s, you're in for a treat. These speakers deliver powerful, engaging sound that brings your music to life. From crisp, clear guitar notes, to breathy saxophone solos and smooth, accurate vocals, the A2s will place you right in the middle of your favorite recordings. Each solidly built wood cabinet houses a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter and 5-1/2" satin-anodized pure aluminum cone woofer. Both drivers are powered by their own separate 50 watt RMS amplifier for impressive control and output. Sophisticated built-in digital signal processing helps ensure the utmost accuracy and clarity, even when you're listening to your music at high volume levels.
Praise for the Paradigm A2 from The Absolute Sound
"A 2012 Golden Ear recipient, the [Paradigm] Shift A2 is more than just a cleverly named loudspeaker. Compact, internally powered, and equipped with DSP bass management and enough back-panel inputs to connect to almost any source, this is what 21st century entry-level high end is all about. A combination of sound and value, it extends the welcome mat to budding high-enders who may have felt they couldn't afford the entrance fee."
— The Absolute Sound 2013 Guide to high-performance loudspeakers
"The Paradigm Shift A2 represents a very high order of value and performance — incredibly versatile for small-room, family-on-the-go, and impromptu listening anywhere there's an outlet."
— From Neil Gader's review in The Absolute Sound, July/August, 2012
- Bundle includes: two Paradigm SHIFT A2 powered speakers (in Storm Black), a BD1 Bluetooth wireless audio receiver, and two Paradigm stainless steel desktop speaker stands
Paradigm A2 powered speakers:
- bi-amplified operation with two built-in 50-watt RMS amplifiers per speaker
- frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz (±2 dB)
- each speaker includes a 1" anodized pure-aluminum dome tweeter and a 5-1/2" satin-anodized pure-aluminum woofer
- back-panel volume control
- RCA and minijack inputs for connecting audio sources
- AC convenience outlet for powering included Bluetooth receiver or a USB charger
- weight: 11.6 pounds each
- 6-11/16"W x 11-1/8"H x 10-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
Paradigm BD1 Bluetooth wireless audio receiver:
- play music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, portable music players, tablets, and computers
- wireless range: approximately 33 feet
- built-in lithium polymer rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of operation without AC power
- AC charger/adapter and USB power cables included
- warranty: 1 year
Paradigm stainless steel desktop speaker stands:
- desktop design made of brushed stainless steel
- includes self-adhesive rubber mat that attaches to bottom of speaker for vibration control and finish protection
- angles speakers upward for better clarity
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Paradigm A2s: 2 Powered speakers
- 2 Detachable grille
- Two 69" AC power cords
- Two 6.5' Stereo audio minijack cable
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owners Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- "Using An Airport Express" instructions
- Paradigm Shift brochure card
- Paradigm Stands: 2 Stainless steel speaker stands
- 2 Self-adhesive rubber mat
- 2 Threaded knobs
- Assembly Instructions
- Paradigm BD1: Bluetooth receiver
- 48" Charging cable (terminated by a USB type-A connector on one end and a DC connector on other end)
- AC charger (with attached 44" cable terminated by a DC connector)
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/2|
|Power Output (Watts)||100|
|Frequency Response||55-20,00 Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Powered Speaker: The Paradigm Shift A2 Powered Speaker features a two-way speaker design and a built-in amplifier with digital signal processing. With two analog inputs you can connect your TV, computer, laptop, tablet, or portable MP3 device. The included Bluetooth receiver lets you wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to the A2 speaker. The two analog outputs allow you to daisy chain multiple A2 powered speakers for a stereo speaker configuration in one room or a mono speaker configuration in multiple rooms.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Sophisticated mathematical algorithms shape the Paradigm Shift A2's frequency response so that even when you're listening at loud levels not only is the bass intense, the overall sound from the A2 is unbelievably accurate, clear, and musical.
Bi-Amplified: The Paradigm Shift A2 features a built-in 100 watt (RMS) amplifier. The amplifier sends 50 watts (RMS) to the tweeter and 50 watts (RMS) to the woofer.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Paradigm Shift A2 Powered Speaker features a two-way driver design for exceptional sound.
- Tweeter: A 1" anodized pure-aluminum dome tweeter provides a high frequency response up to 20,000 Hz.
- Woofer: A 5.5" satin-anodized pure-aluminum cone woofer provides a low frequency response down to 55 Hz.
Acoustic Suspension Cabinet: The Paradigm Shift A2 features an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for tight, accurate bass response.
Rubber Feet: The powered speaker comes with 4 self-adhesive rubber feet for added stability. The rubber feet add approximately 0.375" to the height of the speaker.
Stainless Steel Stand: The stainless steel stand features four non-slip rubber feet for added stability (feet are not removable). A self-adhesive rubber matt sits between the A2 speaker and the stainless steel stand to reduce any acoustic vibration. A single screw attaches the stainless steel stand to the bottom of the A2 powered speaker.
Power Switch: The Paradigm Shift A2 Powered Speaker's main power switch is located on its rear-panel.
Volume Control: The A2 is designed for use with various audio devices. However, audio sources have different output levels. The A2's rear-panel rotary volume control allows you to adjust the powered speaker's input level to match the output level of your device. Once you have set the A2's volume level, you can use your connected source's volume control to raise and lower the volume of the system.
Stereo/Mono Switch: The Paradigm Shift A2 can be used as a mono speaker, or as a stereo pair when connected to another A2 powered speaker (sold separately). There is a rear-panel switch to designate weather its being used as a mono speaker or a left/right stereo speaker.
Analog Inputs: The Paradigm Shift A2 Powered Speaker features two rear-panel analog inputs; a stereo RCA input and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting your external audio devices.
Analog Outputs: The A2 Powered Speaker features two rear-panel analog outputs; a stereo RCA output and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) output. These outputs can be used to connect multiple A2 speakers and/or a powered subwoofer.
Optional Bluetooth Receiver: The Paradigm Shift BD1 is a universal Bluetooth Receiver (v2.1) which allows you to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the A2 powered speaker. The Paradigm Shift BD1 Bluetooth Receiver lets you stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device supporting A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) or AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile). This includes the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones; as well as other Bluetooth enabled devices such as your computer, laptop, or tablet.
- 3.5mm Connector: The BD1 Bluetooth Receiver connects to the Paradigm Shift A2 powered speakers rear-panel 3.5mm input.
- Rechargeable Battery: The Paradigm Shift BD1 Bluetooth Receiver features an integrated Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery (250mAH). The built-in battery has a battery life of up to 12 hours (operating time) or 230 hours (standby time).
- Battery Charger: The BD1's integrated Lithium-Polymer battery can be recharged using the included AC power adapter. This AC power adapter can be plugged directly into the Paradigm Shift A2's auxiliary AC input. A 48" USB charging cable is also included, which allows you to charge the built-in battery from a free USB (type-A) port on your computer or laptop.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Paradigm Shift BD1.
Auxiliary AC Input: The Paradigm Shift A2 is fitted with a rear-panel two-prong AC power input to power an external portable audio source, such as an Apple Airport Express (sold separately).
AC Power: The Paradigm Shift A2 Powered Speaker operates off of standard household AC current (100-240V~50/60Hz, 1.5W) using the supplied 69" detachable AC power cord.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Paradigm dwarfs the high end boutique speaker companies in every area of sound logistics. I have been a loyal Paradigm customer for over 15 years precisely due this reason. I will not buy any other speaker brand and hope others new to Paradigm buy, listen, and become a life long customer as I have become.[ Bradley Apr 15, 2017 ]
Wanted new desktop sound system. Paradigm is as good as it gets. Great reviews - easy choice.[ Harold Dec 05, 2015 ]