Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Paradigm Soundtrack System
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer
Item # 819SNDSYST | MFR # Sound Track System
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Paradigm Soundtrack System by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Hear your shows and movies the way they were meant to be heard
Don't put up with the tinny, hollowed-out sound coming from your flat-panel TV for one more minute. Your movies and TV shows deserve better — much better. Plug in Paradigm's Soundtrack System instead and prepare to be wowed. This powerful two-piece sound bar system delivers rich, room-filling sound, no receiver required. Setup is fast and easy with everything you need included right in the box. Simply pair it with an audio/video source like your your TV, a Blu-ray player, cable box, or Apple TV® to create a compact but potent home theater system.
The wireless subwoofer looks small but sounds BIG
The Soundtrack System's wireless sub makes installation a snap. Its curved low-profile design opens up placement options anywhere in your room. You can position the sub horizontally or place it vertically using the included stand. An 8" woofer and a ported enclosure combine to serve up deep, solid bass, no matter where you put it.. A standard wired connection for subwoofer hookup is also available if that works better for your system (cable not included).
Engineered for precise sound
Paradigm takes engineering and audio performance seriously – their high-end speakers have been winning awards for years. The Soundtrack System is built to exacting standards with high-quality component parts. The sound bar's pure aluminum 1" dome tweeters and 4" mineral-filled poly bass/midrange cones deliver precise, detailed sound. Paradigm also includes a pair of 4" mineral-filled passive radiators to reinforce the sound bar's bass output. All of the drivers in the sound bar are physically separated into two channels to ensure excellent stereo imaging. The system's built-in amplifiers power the sound bar speakers with 25 watts per side, while pushing 100 watts of power to the subwoofer. The amplifiers use sophisticated digital signal processing to monitor the audio signal to ensure accurate, consistent and musical sound without distortion, even when the system is playing at high volume levels.
The Soundtrack System is also compatible with Paradigm's optional BD1 Bluetooth® adapter. Just plug the BD1 into the sound bar's auxiliary input to receive signals from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible streaming devices, so you can fill your viewing room with the music that's available at your fingertips.
What's in the Box:
- Self-amplified soundbar speaker (w/ removable grille)
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 62" Stereo RCA cable
- Four M5 x 12mm screws
- Right-angle female-to-male RCA adapter
- Remote control (w/ installed CR2025 3V battery)
- 2 Soundbar speaker feet
- 2 Soundbar wall-mount brackets
- Subwoofer stand
- 4 Subwoofer feet
- Wall-mount template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Set-Up Guide
- true two-way speaker design for rich, detailed sound
- two 1" S-PAL satin-anodized pure-aluminum dome tweeters
- two 4" mineral-filled polypropylene bass/midrange drivers
- two 4" mineral-filled polypropylene passive radiators
- built-in transmitter sends audio signals to wireless subwoofer
- wireless range: 50 feet
- molded ABS enclosure with matte finish
- snap-in stability feet and screws for shelf mounting
- brackets for wall mounting included
- includes AC power adapter
- 36-5/16"W x 5-3/8"H x 2-15/16"D (including snap-in feet)
- 7.4 lbs. (with feet)
- low-profile design allows placement anywhere in the room
- ported enclosure with an 8" reinforced mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- molded ABS enclosure with matte finish
- includes AC power cord
- RCA subwoofer input for wired connection (RCA subwoofer cable not included)
- weight: 12.5 lbs (stand adds 0.7 lb.)
- 18-5/16"W x 14-3/16"H x 6-3/8"D
- one analog RCA stereo and one minijack auxiliary input
- one optical digital audio input
- optical digital and stereo RCA cables included
- compatible with Paradigm BD1 for wireless audio playback with Bluetooth®-enabled devices
- system learns your TV remote's volume and mute commands, so you can use an existing remote
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- system frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- 150 watts RMS (continuous) system power (25 watts x 2 for the sound bar, plus 100 watts for the sub)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Paradigm Soundtrack System Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||4" Cone (2)|
|Woofer||4" Passive Radiator|
|Subwoofer Driver||8" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||40-20,000 Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||25|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||100|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||5-3/8H x 36-5/16W x 2-15/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.4 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-3/16H x 18-5/16W x 6-3/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.5 lbs|
Sound Track System: The Paradigm Soundtrack System consists of a self-amplified soundbar speaker and a wireless powered subwoofer. The Soundtrack System easily connects to your flat-panel TV for realistic room-filling sound, without the need for a separate receiver or rear speakers.
Self-Amplified Soundbar Speaker: The self-amplified soundbar speaker is equipped with six drivers (three drivers per left/right channel). Each channel features a 1" Ferro-Fluid Cooled Dome Tweeter, 4.5" Bass/Midrange Woofer, and Dual 4" Passive Radiators. This driver configuration provides a wide soundstage with excellent stereo imaging.
- 1" Ferro-Fluid Cooled Dome Tweeters: The soundbar speaker employs two 1" pure-aluminum dome tweeters. Fluid cooling the voice coil improves power handling which improves the accuracy, purity and range of the high-frequencies.
- 4" Bass/Midrange Woofers: The soundbar uses two 4" mineral-filled polypropylenes bass/midrange woofers. This material delivers a superb low-mass, high-stiffness ratio for excellent reproduction in the higher midrange and fast transient response (explosions, etc.). The material is also an effective damper for distortion as the woofers move back and forth.
- 4" Passive Radiators: The two 4" passive radiators are constructed of a mineral-filled polypropylene. The dual radiators extend the soundbar speaker's range in the lower bass frequencies.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Paradigm Soundtrack System includes a wireless powered subwoofer. This compact, low-profile sub features an 8" laminated polypropylene cone driver with a 1.5" high-temperature aluminum-wire voice coil. Dual ports ensure even, articulate, well-timed bass performance. Oversized ports and driver are arranged in a perpendicular array to achieve the low-profile design. The powered sub receives its audio signal wirelessly from the Soundtrack system's soundbar speaker (a mono-RCA connection is also offered, if you prefer a wired connection between the soundbar and the sub). You can adjust the volume level of the sub independently from the soundbar speaker, using its rear-panel rotary volume level knob.
2.4GHz Wireless Operation: The Soundtrack system features a 2.4GHz uncompressed digital self-sensing design that will automatically adjust for the best wireless connection while monitoring the integrity of the data stream. You are able to place the wireless sub up to 50' from the soundbar speaker.
Proprietary Class-D Amplification: Both the soundbar and wireless subwoofer feature Class-D amplification. The soundbar's Class-D amp delivers 25 watts x 2-channel (RMS) and 50 watts x 2-channel (Peak). The sub's integrated amplifier provides 100 watts of power (RMS) or 250 watts of power (Peak).
Digital Signal Processing: The Paradigm Soundtrack's DSP (digital signal processing) design uses sophisticated mathematical algorithms to shape frequency response so that even when the system is playing at loud levels, sound is clear, musical, and authentic.
Molded ABS Enclosures: Both the soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub feature a molded ABS enclosure in a black matte finish.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Paradigm Soundtrack System offers one digital inputs and two analog inputs (all found on the rear-panel of the soundbar speaker).
- Digital Input: The soundbar speaker is fitted with a single optical (toslink) digital audio input which supports 2-channel PCM & Dolby Digital.
- Analog Inputs: The soundbar is also fitted with a 3.5mm input and a stereo RCA input.
Remote Control: The Paradigm Soundtrack system comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation. The remote turns the system's power on/off, switches between inputs, and controls volume up/down. You can also program the system's volume functions to operate from your TV's remote control.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker can be placed on a flat-surface below your flat-panel TV using the supplied feet. You can also mount the soundbar speaker to the wall using the included keyhole mounting brackets (mounting screws not supplied). The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned horizontally (using the supplied feet) or vertically (using the vertical stand). Mounted horizontally, the powered sub measures 18.3125" (w) x 6.625" (h) x 13.6875" (d).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.