Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Music Hall MMF-2.2
Manual belt-drive turntable with pre-mounted cartridge (Gloss Black)
Our take on the Music Hall MMF-2.2 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Unwind with warm analog sound
High-quality construction for top-notch performance
Quick and easy to assemble
Great no frills, all substance turntable!
Anonymous, Bloomfield, CT
What's in the Box:
- Tone-arm (installed)
- Cartridge (installed)
- 3 Damping feet (installed)
- Alloy platter
- Felt pad
- Dust cover
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Belt-changing tool
- Anti-skating weight
- 45rpm adapter
- Hex key
- Two-Point Cartridge Alignment Protractor
- Instruction Manual
- heavy steel alloy platter with felt mat provides excellent speed stability
- high-precision stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- one-piece aluminum alloy tonearm provides superior rigidity and low resonance
- includes pre-mounted Music Hall Tracker moving magnet cartridge
- tonearm features adjustable height and anti-skate settings for optimizing sound with different cartridges
- medium density fiberboard (MDF) base with vibration damping feet
- AC motor decoupled from base for reduced vibration transmission and better sound
- manual operation with silicone-damped tonearm lift
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- speed variation: ±0.9%
- wow and flutter: ±0.15%
- rumble maximum: -70dB
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 20dB (at 1kHz)
- attached 41" gold-plated RCA audio cable
- external power supply reduces likelihood of electro-mechanical interference
- 16-3/8"W x 4-15/16"H (with dust cover down) x 13-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
Music Hall MMF-2.2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Wow and Flutter||0.15|
Overview: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable that delivers superior audio performance. The construction of the MMF-2.2 has been simplified to focus on the critical music making components; the main bearing, motor, and arm. It is constructed using high quality components and comes complete with the cartridge mounted.
Note: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable is available in high gloss piano black, red, or white finish.
MDF Plinth w/ Damping Feet: The medium density fiber (MDF) plinth stands on three special, resonance damping feet for exceptional stability.
Note: The turntable should be positioned on a low-resonance surface such as wood or multiple layer ply-board to avoid structural vibrations disturbing replay.
Alloy Platter with Felt Mat: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable features an alloy platter and comes with a felt mat.
Stainless Steel/Bronze Bearing Assembly: The alloy platter runs on a precision, stainless steel and bronze bearing assembly to provide fluid and quiet operation.
Belt-Driven: The Music Hall turntable employs a low noise fully manual belt drive design that supports two speeds (33/45 rpm). A 45 rpm adapter is included.
1-Piece Alloy Tone-Arm: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 turntable features a one piece alloy tone-arm for superb tracking ability.
MM Phono Cartridge: The Music Hall Tracker moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge is pre-mounted and properly aligned. The turntable's elliptical stylus is user replaceable.
Note: If your amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Fixed Audio Cable: The Music Hall Turntable is fitted with an attached 41" stereo audio cable with high-quality gold RCA connectors. Connect the turntable to the Phono input of your home receiver.
Dust Cover: The Music Hall MMF-2.2 comes supplied with a dust cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.
Isolated Motor: The motor is isolated from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
AC Power Adapter: The turntable operates off of standard household current using the supplied external AC power adapter.
- Input: 120V~60Hz, 13.0W
- Output: 15V, 550mA
- Power Absorption: 2VA
- Speeds: 33/45 rpm
- Speed Deviation: +/- 0.9%
- Wow & Flutter: +/-0.15%
- Rumble Max: -70 dB
- Tracking Force: 10-30 mN
- Effective Tone-Arm:
- Length: 9" (22.9cm)
- Overhang: 0.67" (17mm)
- Platter Diameter: 11.81" (30cm)
- Dust Cover Closed: 16.375" (w) x 4.9375" (h) x 13.125" (d)
- Dust Cover Open: 16.375" (w) x 14.375" (h) x 15.75" (d)
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.8 kg)
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz (+/-3db)
- Channel Balance: 2dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 20dB @ 1kHz
- Sensitivity: 5mV (+/-2dB), 1kHz @ 5cm/sec
- Static Compliance: 16mm/N
- Equivalent Tip Mass: 0.7 mg
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 26 degrees
- Stylus Radius: Elliptical .0007" x .0003"
- Stylus Type: Replaceable
- Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm
- Load Capacitance: 150-400 pF
- Internal Inductance: 560 mH
- Internal Resistance: 700 Ohm
- Cartridge Weight: 4.2g
- Fixing Center: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Playing Weight: 1.5-2.0g (1.75g nom.)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
The reviews on this turntable are off the charts and this price was unbelievable!!!! So excited for this to arrive [ Kris Jun 13, 2017 ]
good basic unit [ stephen May 28, 2017 ]
Price vs performance [ Kevin Jan 28, 2017 ]
I liked that it's on special and that it looks and sounds great. [ JOEY Jan 19, 2017 ]
Discount [ Jonathan Dec 26, 2016 ]
good deal [ victor Dec 26, 2016 ]
Price and performance. [ Morgan Dec 15, 2016 ]
it had good reviews and it was on sale [ james Dec 05, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
These open-box items have minor cosmetic damage. They may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents. The manufacturer's warranty applies. Our 60 day satisfaction guarantee still applies as well. If you have any additional questions I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Kenny Mar 30, 2016 ] Staff
The manual claims that you can. However, It's a DC controlled motor so I guess the transformer figures it for you. [ Steven Oct 10, 2015 ]
Not that I am aware of. [ Michael Oct 09, 2015 ]