Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Weatherproof bullet surveillance camera with 2.8-12mm zoom lens and 100-foot IR range
Our take on the ClearView BL-74 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This bullet camera works with ClearView Hawk, Eagle, and LCD Combo surveillance systems. A typical installation of this camera would be to place it low enough near your front door to clearly show the face of a person seeking entry. The BL-74 features a manually adjustable 2.8-12mm zoom lens that gives you placement flexibility when setting up your surveillance system. Its built-in IR (infrared) emitters allow it to record black and white images in darkness at a maximum range of 100 feet. A waterproof design means you can mount it indoors or out.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
What's in the Box:
- Bullet surveillance camera with attached 10" power wire and 12" signal cable
- 9" Second video cable (BNC connector on one end and a 2-pin connector on the other end)
- 3 Self-tapping screws (11/16" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- User's Manual
- weatherproof outdoor camera works with ClearView and other brands of analog surveillance camera systems
- 1/3" HD image sensor
- 2.8-12mm manually adjustable zoom lens ("Vari-Focal" design)
- horizontal resolution: 700 TVL in color mode, 750 TVL in black and white (IR) mode
- built-in infrared illumination for viewing subjects up to 100 feet away in complete darkness
- waterproof for indoor or outdoor use
- 3-5/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 8-1/8"D
- installation requires paired BNC video/power cable (not included), 12V DC power supply (not included) and use with compatible DVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The ClearView BL-74 is a bullet-style surveillance camera designed for outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView Hawk, Eagle, or LCD Combo systems. This IP66-compliant weatherproof camera has a 2.8-12mm manual zoom lens. It features the high-performance 1/3" Sony EXview HAD CCD II image sensor with 700 lines of resolution (750 lines B&W) and the Effio-E processor. It operates on 12VDC, and has a 75-ohm composite video output with a BNC connector.
Minimum Illumination: The BL-74 has a row of 12 Smart IR LEDs encircling the lens to give the camera a 100' range in total darkness (0 Lux). Even in low light, the BL-74 can give you a clear, bright picture. The minimum illumination for color is 0.02 Lux @ F1.2.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
On-Screen Display: The B-74 features an on-screen display (OSD) to change some of the camera settings and enter a camera ID. When the front cover is removed, you can access the menu button and change the following settings:
- Lens: Auto (Type, Mode, Speed), Manual
- Shutter AGC: Auto, Manual
- White Balance: User Setting 1&2, Anti CR, Push Lock, Manual, Push, ATW
- Backlight: BLC (backlight compensation), HLC (high light compensation)
- Picture Adjust: Mirror, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Hue, Gain
- ATR: On, Off
- Motion Detector: On, Off
- Privacy Mask: On (Area Select, Top, Bottom, Left, Right), Off
- Day/Night: Auto, B&W, Color
- Noise Reduction: NR Mode, Y Level, C Level
Installation: The BL-74 is designed to be mounted on a ceiling, wall, or any flat surface. The attached ball & socket bracket requires 3 screws (included). Once mounted, the camera can be positioned in any direction for best viewing.
Second Video Output: The camera is equipped with a second video output and a short video cable (BNC connector) to allow you to connect the camera to another monitor or recorder. The 2nd video interface is a 2-pin connection behind the front cover.
- Effective Pixels: 976 (H) x 494 (V)
- Electronic Shutter Speed: 1/60 - 1/100,000 sec
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.