Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
ClearView CBT-08 LCD Touchscreen DVR Combo
8-channel home security recording and monitoring system
ClearView CBT-08 LCD Touchscreen DVR Combo - Illustration of DVR connections (includes optional gear)
Item # 834CBT08 | MFR # CBT-08
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the ClearView CBT-08 LCD Touchscreen DVR Comboby Crutchfield's James Ralston
An intuitive way to keep an eye on things
Use this brainy DVR as the central hub of your home video security camera system for an intuitive way to keep track of 8 zones around your home simultaneously. ClearView's CBT-08 LCD touchscreen DVR combo accepts connections from up to 8 ClearView security cameras (not included), so you can monitor your front and back doorsteps, garage, basement rooms, and other areas around your home. The touchscreen interface puts viewing and recording options right at your fingertips.
Highly configurable recording and monitoring
ClearView DVR systems can be programmed to record continuously, or at scheduled times, or when triggered by motion detection. Recording quality is adjustable, with six selectable settings to choose from. Use higher quality settings for better video clarity and detail, or lower settings for more recording time. The DVR comes with a 500GB hard drive which can store up to thousands of hours of video, depending on your settings.
Alerts by email
Watch all eight surveillance zones, or zoom in on a single zone. You can configure the system to send you emails to alert you to specific events, like motion being detected, alarms being activated (requires optional compatible alarms, not included), or the DVR running out of hard disk space. A handy pre-record buffer captures between 1 and 30 seconds of video prior to motion detection being activated — great for actually getting a view of whatever or whoever is moving around in your monitored zone.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
- professional security monitoring system with digital watermarking
- DVR with built-in 10" touchscreen LCD lets you view and record from 8 cameras simultaneously (cameras not included)
- 7.5 frame-per-second video capture
- monitor remotely via the Internet on a computer, tablet, or smartphone
- ClearView apps for Apple® and Android™ devices available for purchase and download
- motion detection alerts by text or email can be sent to one or more computers or cell phones
- system control available via network
- embedded Linux operating system for secure, reliable operation
- adjustable video recording quality with 6 selectable levels
- pre-record buffer lets you capture from 1 to 30 seconds of video prior to motion activation or scheduled recordings
- compatible with optional alarms (not included)
- supports PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) control with PTZ-equipped cameras (not included)
- can back up surveillance data via USB port to a flash drive or portable hard drive (external storage devices not included)
- compatible with ClearView's cloud-based subscription backup service (not included)
- 500GB hard drive included
- 10-5/16"W x 6-13/16"H x 1-3/8"D (2-7/8"D with stand)
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- DVR with 10" LCD touchscreen monitor
- Desktop bracket
- Bracket screw
- Telescoping stylus
- AC adapter with attached 5' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 3A)
- 5' AC power cord (IEC 3-pronged plug)
- 12" Data cable (multi-pin connector on one end and 14 BNC connectors--9 yellow/5 black--and a female RJ-45 port on the other end)
- Wireless remote control
- Mouse with attached 56" USB cable (Type A USB terminal)
- 80" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 3 Self-adhesive security warning stickers
- Register Online sheet
- CD-ROM disk containing Quick Start Guide and User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView CBT-08 is an 8-channel DVR (digital video recorder) with a built-in 10" LCD touchscreen monitor. This LCD-DVR combo lets you simultaneously view and record video from up to eight remote cameras, including four with audio. This system is ideal for use in home or retail settings.
Note: No cameras are included in this package.
500 GB Capacity: The CBT-08 includes a built-in 500 GB HDD (hard disk drive) that gives you thousands of hours of storage. You can set up the DVR to perform motion detection recording, scheduled recording, alarm recording, and manual recording. Each recording can be up to 120 minutes in length, with the default set to 60 minutes. When the HDD becomes full, the system can overwrite previous video files.
Operating System: The CBT-08 has an embedded LINUX operating system to maintain stable operation.
Eight Channel Operation: This LCD-DVR Combo provides you eight channels of video monitoring, four with audio. The system uses H.264 video compression and G.711 audio compression. The supplied data cable has BNC composite video inputs for channels 1 through 8 and audio inputs for channels 1 through 4. There are video and audio output connections for feeding the signal to a separate TV or monitor.
Pan Tilt Zoom: When PTZ-capable cameras are connected, you can set up each camera to pan and tilt up/down/left/right in a constant pattern, or when an alarm is triggered. You can also control the panning speed, zoom, focus, and iris.
Network Operation: The CBT-08 supports real-time monitoring via a network connection. You will be able to monitor on a PC as a web viewer, as part of a CMS (central management system), or on a smartphone app (iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows Phone). In addition, you can perform video recording searches remotely, and control the pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) action on compatible cameras.
Video Playback: When you are ready to play back recordings, you can search by time, type, or channel. Videos can be played back at normal speed, fast play, slow play, manual frame-by-frame playback, and reverse play. You can switch to the previous or next file, or any file in the current play list. If there are files from another channel recorded at the same time, you can immediately switch to that file. All channel synchronous real time playback is also available. In continuous play mode, the next file automatically plays when the current file ends.
Backup: The CBT-08 allows you to backup your HDD via the provided USB ports. You can use a flash drive, portable HDD, or a disk burner. Backup via network download is also supported.
Monitor Mounting: The CBT-08 can be placed on a desktop or wall mounted. The monitor comes with a desktop stand that attaches to the back. There are also two keyhole slots for mounting the monitor on a wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.