Weatherproof HD mini-dome surveillance camera with pan-tilt-zoom
Our take on the ClearView HD2-PTZ-4 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Keep an eye on your property with pan, tilt, and zoom
The compact ClearView HD2-PTZ-4 is a versatile, weatherproof, vandalproof camera that makes it easier than ever to keep tabs on your home or business. The camera provides a sharp 1080p HD image thanks to a 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor. A 4X optical zoom lens, 355° rotation, and the ability to tilt the camera remotely let you focus on exactly the part of the image you need to see when you're watching over your property and loved ones.
- 2-megapixel indoor/outdoor surveillance camera with motorized pan-tilt-zoom function
- 355° continuous pan rotation
- 100° per second rotation speed
- 90° tilt range
- 60° per second tilt speed
- 1/2.7" Exmor CMOS image sensor
- zoom lens with 2.7-11mm focal length
- 4X optical zoom (16X digital)
- requires 12-volt DC power; power supply sold separately
- resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (30 fps)
- shutter speed: 1/3-1/300,000 seconds
- operating temp. range -22-140° F
- vandalproof metal casing
- consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas
- 4-13/16" diameter x 3-1/2" high
- weight: 1.32 lbs.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HD2-PTZ4 Dome PTZ camera with attached 20" DC power (DC barrel)-control (bare wire)-and signal (BNC) cables
- Weatherproof sleeve for BNC connector
- Weatherproof cap for BNC connector
- 2 Rubber gaskets
- Pedestal seal ring
- 2.5mm Hex wrench
- 3 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Self-adhesive mounting template
- Mini-CD-ROM with User Manual and Installation Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The ClearView HD2-PTZ-4 is a day/night PTZ dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView PantherView HD-AVS system. This weatherproof (IP66), high-definition camera has a 4x zoom lens with a 2.7mm-11mm focal length. The lens has a horizontal angle of view of 112.5° (wide angle) to 30° (telephoto). The close focus distance ranges from 100mm to 1000mm (3-15/16" to 39-3/8"). The camera can be set to output HD or SD signals, and operates on 12VDC (power adapter sold separately).
Imaging Device: The camera features 1/2.7" 2.0-megapixel (1944 H x 1092 V) CMOS progressive scan image sensor. It can output HD video signals of 1920 x 1080p at 25/30 fps frame rate, and 1280 x 720p at 25/30/50/60 fps frame rates.
PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom): The HD2-PTZ-4 dome camera has a continuous 0° to 355° pan range, and a 0° to 90° tilt range, to go along with its 4x zoom range. You can manually control the speed of the pan (0.1° to 100° per second) and the tilt (0.1° to 60° per second). Its Proportional Pan and Tilt function varies the pan and tilt speeds in proportion to the depth of the zoom. This keeps the image from moving too fast when the camera is zoomed in. There are 300 preset positions to choose from, plus 5 PTZ patterns, 8 tours, Auto Pan, and Auto Scan. The Auto Restore feature automatically brings the lens back to its previous PTZ position and lens status after a power failure.
Video Formats: The HD2-PTZ-4 can output either in BNC HD-AVS High Definition video (up to 30fps @ 1080. The camera works with HD-AVS or Analog systems. HDAVS is an HD video transmission standard that can be transmitted long distances (over 800 meters at 720p, or over 500 meters at 1080p) over 75-3 coaxial cable without any loss.
Minimum Illumination: The HD2-PTZ-4 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The minimum illumination for color is 0.05 Lux @ F1.6 and 0.005 Lux @ F1.6 for Black & White. The camera does not have IR LEDs for recording in total darkness (0 Lux).
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 24 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
Vandalproof: The HD2-PTZ-4 is designed to resist tampering or vandalism, and carries an IK10 rating. The metal camera housing is completely enclosed, and require a special tool (included) to remove the dome cover. The mounting screws are tightened from the inside of the enclosure.
Camera Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the camera:
- Gain Control: Auto, Manual
- White Balance: Auto, ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, Manual
- Day/Night: Auto (ICR), Color, B/W
- Backlight Compensation: BLC, HCL, WDR (120dB)
- Electronic Shutter Speed: 1/3 to 1/300,000 seconds
Installation: The HD2-PTZ-4 is designed to be mounted on a wall or ceiling with 3 screws (supplied). The power and video cables can be routed through the ceiling/wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through the groove in the camera base. The camera has an operating temperature range of -22°F to +140°F (-30°C-+60°C).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Price, fast shipping, availability, after hours shopping. [ Barry Mar 18, 2017 ]