Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Weatherproof IP mini-dome surveillance camera with 65-foot IR range
Our take on the ClearView IP-73 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This "IP" camera works with ClearView's Phoenix digital surveillance systems. It connects to the NVR (network video recorder) via ordinary Ethernet connections. Power and video signals are both carried by the same cable, which helps keep installation easier. IP camera systems are ideal when longer cable runs (up to 330 feet) are necessary. The IP-73 mini-dome camera sports a fixed 3.6mm lens, infrared (IR) night vision recording with a range up to 65 feet, and a waterproof, dustproof design that allows placement outdoors.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
What's in the Box:
- IP-73 dome camera with attached 20" power (DC barrel) and network cables (female RJ-45)
- 3 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length)
- 3 Wall anchors
- Installation Positioning Map
- Mini CD-ROM containing User's Manual and Quick Start Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- weatherproof mini-dome camera works with ClearView Phoenix View IP surveillance camera systems and other similar systems
- PoE (power over Ethernet) connection enables simpler single-cable connection to NVR (network video recorder)
- 1.3 megapixel progressive scan Aptina™ CMOS image sensor
- 3.6mm fixed lens
- built-in infrared illumination for viewing subjects up to 65 feet away in complete darkness
- waterproof, dustproof design (IP66 rated)
- 5-11/16" (diameter) x 3-7/16"H
- installation requires Ethernet cable (not included) and use with compatible NVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The ClearView IP-73 is a day/night mini dome IP camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView Phoenix system. This waterproof (IP66), high-definition camera has a fixed 3.6mm F1.8 lens, and features a 1/3" Aptina 1.3-megapixel CMOS progressive scan imaging device. It operates on 12VDC or POE (Power over Ethernet), and has an RJ-45 Ethernet connection.
Video Format: The IP-73 can output video in H.264 or Motion JPEG (MJPEG) in the following resolutions: 1.3M (1280 x 960), 720P (1280 x 720), D1 (704 x 576), CIF (352 x 288). The frame rate is 15 fps @ 1.3M and 30 fps @ 720P.
Minimum Illumination: The IP-73 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The minimum illumination for color is 0.1 Lux @ F1.4, 0.005 Lux @F1.4 for black & white. With the IR lights on, the camera has a 65' range in 0 Lux.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
Camera Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the camera:
- Gain Control: Auto, Manual
- Day/Night: Auto (electronic), Color, B/W
- Backlight Compensation: On, Off
- 2D Noise Reduction: On, Off
- Electronic Shutter Speed: Auto, Manual (1/3 to 1/10000)
Multiple Network Monitoring: The IP-73 is capable of being monitored via web viewer, part of a CMS (central management system), or a smartphone app (iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone). Up to 10 users can monitor the camera at the same time.
Installation: The IP-73 is designed to be mounted on a wall or ceiling. A self-adhesive template is included to indicate the position of the three mounting screws (included). The base has 3 keyhole slots that correspond with the mounting screws. The power and video cables can be routed through the ceiling by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side of the camera by knocking out small panel in the base.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.