Weatherproof HD mini bullet camera with 100-ft. night vision range
Our take on the ClearView IPB-70 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Mount this camera indoors or out
ClearView's IPB-70 is a convenient security camera — it's weatherproof and small enough to be installed just about anywhere. Built-in infrared LEDs let you see up to 100 feet away, even in the dark. Perfect for keeping an eye on your home or business around the clock.
- 1.3-megapixel outdoor mini bullet surveillance camera
- 1/3" CMOS image sensor
- 2.8mm fixed lens
- 720p resolution: 1280 x 960 pixels (30 fps)
- infrared imaging lets you see 100 feet in the dark
- operates on Power-over-Ethernet or with a 12VDC power supply, sold separately
- Note: this camera does not have a Wi-Fi® connection
- weatherproof for safe outdoor mounting
- sturdy materials help protect camera from vandalism
- consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas
- 2-11/16" diameter x 6" length
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- IPB-70 HD mini-bullet camera with attached 16" power (DC barrel) and network cables (female RJ-45)
- 3 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Weatherproof sleeve for Ethernet connector
- Weatherproof cap for Ethernet connector
- 2 Rubber gaskets
- Mini CD-ROM with User's Manual and Quick Start Guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The ClearView IPB-70 is a day/night mini bullet IP camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the new ClearView PhoenixPlus system. The camera features the next-generation video standard H.265 (HEVC). This weatherproof (IP67), high-definition camera has a fixed 2.8mm F2.5 lens with a 1/3" 1.3-megapixel (1280 H x 960 V) CMOS progressive scan imaging device. The lens has an angle of view of 97.5° H / 71° V. It operates on 12VDC or PoE (Power over Ethernet), and has an RJ-45 Ethernet connection.
H.265: The new H.265 High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard goes beyond the capabilities of H.264, offering the same high-quality video as H.264, but at much lower bit rates, resulting in smaller file sizes. Its advanced coding techniques also supports substantially higher video resolution, including 4K UHD and higher, at the same bit rates. The new H.265 standard (sometimes referred to as H.264+) is supported by the new ClearView PhoenixPlus model NVRs, as well as new IPB-series and IPD-series cameras.
Video Format: The IPB-70 can output video in H.265, H.264, or Motion JPEG (MJPEG) in the following resolutions: 1.3M (1280 x 960), 720P (1280 x 720), D1 (704 x 576 / 704 x 480), and CIF (352 x 288 / 352 x 240). The frame rate for the main stream is 1-25 fps @ 1.3M or 1-25 fps @ D1/CIF. The bit rate for H.264 is 24k to 8192 kbps.
Minimum Illumination: The IPB-70 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The camera is equipped with 18 infrared LEDs surrounding the lens. The minimum illumination for color is 0.5 Lux @ F2.5. With the IR LEDs on, the camera has a 100' range in 0 Lux.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
Camera Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments to the camera:
- Gain Control: Auto, Manual
- White Balance: Auto, Natural, Street Lamp, Outdoor, Manual
- Day/Night: Auto (ICR), Color, B/W
- Backlight Compensation: BLC, HLC, DWDR
Installation: The IPB-70 is designed to be mounted on a wall with 3 screws (supplied). The power and video cables can be routed through the wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through the groove in the camera base. An extendable hood is provided for protecting the lens from rain or shading it from sunlight. The camera has an operating temperature range of -22°F to +140°F (-30°C-+60°C).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.