8-port power-over-Ethernet switch
Our take on the ClearView POE-08 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
This switch allows you to add up to eight additional wired cameras to your ClearView video recorder. Power-over-Ethernet technology is excellent for long cable runs, like the type you'll encounter when installing multiple cameras throughout a large space. Each cable can provide both power and signal, so you can run just a single wire to each camera.
- allows you to add up to 8 additional cameras to a ClearView Phoenix network video recorder
- supplies power-over-Ethernet to each camera via a wired connection
- 1 power input port and 8 individual output ports
- 1 SFP fiber optic port
- 1-11/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- PoE-8 Power-over-Ethernet switch
- Switching Adapter (SOY-5300180) with attached 47" DC output cord (DC output: 53V 1.8A)
- 58" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Mini CD-ROM with User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView PoE-8 is an 8-port PoE (Power over Ethernet) switch that supplements power to IP cameras when cable runs are long, and allows you to add additional IP cameras to Phoenix-series NVRs. It features eight 10/100M self-adaptive RJ-45 ports, one 10/100/1000M self-adaptive RJ-45 port, and a 1000M SFP fiber port. The PoE-8 has a total power output of 96 watts for powering connected cameras.
Connectors: The PoE-8 offers two types of connections: RJ-45 and SFP. You can plug in SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) modules into the SFP port, and connect pairs of fiber optic cables for lightning fast data transfer.
Auto Detection: The PoE-8 can automatically detect and supply power to IEEE 802.3at/af-compliant devices. The switch supports self-adapt MDI/MDI-X Ethernet port connections with twisted pair cabling.
Mounting Options: The PoE-8 can be installed on a tabletop/desktop, either vertically or horizontally. The switch also supports DIN rail mounting inside of an equipment rack, with the attached hook and buckle on the rear panel. The supported slide width is 1.5" (38mm).
- Physical Ports:
- 1 x 1000 Base-X
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Base-T
- 8 x 10/100 Base-T (PoE power supply)
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- IEEE 802.3ab/z
- IEEE 802.3X
- MAC Address: 8k
- Exchange Capacity: 5.60 Gbps
- Packet Forwarding Rate: 4.17 Mpps
- Exchange Mode: Store and forward
- MAC Study: MAC auto study, address list capacity-8K
- Lightning Protection: Level 3
- Indicators: Power, Fiber port status
- Power Adapter: Model SOY-5300180
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 2.5A Max
- Output: 53V / 1.8A
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (- 30°C to 65°C)
- Humidity: 10-90% RH (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 5.914" W, 1.66" H, 4.276" D
- Weight: 19 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.