Weatherproof, vandal-proof dome surveillance camera with 2.8-12mm zoom lens and 100-foot IR range
Our take on the ClearView TD-88 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This dome camera works with ClearView Hawk, Eagle, and LCD Combo surveillance systems. Dome cameras are typically used for overhead placement and deliver a wide field of view. The TD-88 features a manually adjustable zoom lens that gives you flexibility in placing your camera to achieve the coverage you need in your monitored zone. This low-light capable camera has built-in IR (infrared) emitters that allow it to record at a maximum range of 100 feet in total darkness. Its durable housing is not only weatherproof, but also vandal-proof for additional security.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
- weatherproof, vandal-proof outdoor camera works with ClearView and other brands of analog surveillance camera systems
- 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD sensor
- 2.8-12mm adjustable zoom lens ("Vari-Focal" design)
- manual zoom and focus controls
- requires 12-volt DC power; power supply sold separately
- horizontal resolution: 600 TVL in color mode
- built-in infrared illumination for viewing subjects up to 100 feet away in complete darkness
- dustproof, waterproof design (IP66 rated) for indoor or outdoor use
- mounts on ceiling or wall
- 4-3/4" (diameter) x 3-9/16"H
- installation requires paired BNC video/power cable (not included), 12V DC power supply (not included) and use with compatible DVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Dome surveillance camera with attached 30" power and signal cables
- 4 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- 1.5mm Allen wrench
- User's Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The ClearView TD-88 is a day/night zoom dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView Hawk, Eagle, or LCD Combo systems. This high-resolution camera (600 lines) features a 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD imaging device. The camera is equipped with an 2.8mm-12mm Varifocal lens. It operates on 12VDC (power adapter sold separately), and has a 75-ohm composite video output with a BNC connector.
Minimum Illumination: The TD-88 can give you a clear, bright picture in extremely low light. The minimum illumination is 0.1 Lux (IR off) and 0 Lux (IR on).
Infrared: The camera has two rows if infrared LEDs encircling the lens to give the camera a range of 100 feet in total darkness (0 Lux).
Focus/Zoom Controls: The TD-88 has screw adjustments for focus and zoom on the exterior cover. A small flathead screwdriver is required to make the adjustments.
Weatherproof: The TD-88's tough metal exterior makes it fully weatherproof (IP66), making it ideal for installation in extreme outdoor conditions.
Installation: The TD-88 is designed to be mounted on a ceiling or wall. The camera has a 3-piece mounting system which lets you manually position the camera to your liking. A hidden set screw locks down the camera and makes it tamperproof. The base attaches to the ceiling or wall with the 4 supplied self-tapping screws. The cables can be routed through the ceiling/wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through one of the provided slots in the base.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.