Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Weatherproof, vandal-proof mini-dome surveillance camera
Item # 834VD41 | MFR # VD-41
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the ClearView VD-41by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This dome camera works with ClearView Hawk, Eagle, and LCD Combo surveillance systems. Dome cameras are typically used for overhead placement and deliver a wide field of view. The VD-41 is a fixed-lens camera with a durable housing that's not only weatherproof, but also vandal-proof for additional security.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
- weatherproof, vandal-proof outdoor camera works with ClearView and other brands of analog surveillance camera systems
- 1/3" Sony EXview HAD CCD II sensor and Effio-E image processor
- 3.6mm fixed lens
- horizontal resolution: 700 TVL in color mode
- dustproof, waterproof design (IP66 rated) for indoor or outdoor use
- backlight compensation for better image quality in a range of lighting conditions
- 4-3/8" (diameter) x 2-3/16"H
- installation requires paired BNC video/power cable (not included), 12V DC power supply (not included) and use with compatible DVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mini dome surveillance camera with attached 14" power wire and signal cable
- 8" Ribbon cable (6-pin connectors on each end)
- Circuit board
- 3 Self-tapping screws (11/16" length)
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Mounting template
- User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView VD-41 is a vandal-proof day/night mini dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView Hawk, Eagle, or LCD Combo systems. This high-resolution camera (700 lines color) features a 1/3" Sony EXview HAD CCD II imaging device with 480K pixels (976 H x 494 V). The camera is equipped with a fixed 3.6mm lens. It operates on 12VDC, and has a 75-ohm composite video output with a BNC connector.
Minimum Illumination: The VD-41 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The minimum illumination for color is 0.05 Lux @ F1.2.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 areas can be selected for privacy masking.
On-Screen Display: The VD-41 features an on-screen display (OSD) to indicate a camera number or to define the room where the camera is located. The OSD is available in 8 languages, including English, French, and Spanish.
OSD Keyboard: Included with the camera is a small circuit board which connects to the camera via a 6-pin ribbon cable. The circuit board has a 5-button "keyboard" with buttons for left, right, up, down, and confirm. These buttons allow you to operate the on-screen display and make adjustments to various camera settings.
Camera Adjustments: Once you have connected the camera into your system with a DVR or NVR, you can make adjustments to the camera or picture. Using the on-screen display and the included OSD "keyboard," you can make the following adjustments:
- Lens: Auto Iris, Manual
- Shutter/AGC: Auto, Manual
- Backlight Compensation: Off, BLC on, HLC (High light compensation)
- White Balance: Manual, Anti Color Roll, Push Lock, Push, User 1, User 2, ATW (auto trace)
- Day/Night: Auto, Color, B/W
- Picture Adjust: Mirror, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Hue, AGC
- Motion Detection: On, Off
- Privacy Mask: Area, Mode, Position, Color, Transparency, Mosaic
- Noise Reduction: Level, Y Level, C Level
Installation: The VD-41 is designed to be mounted on a wall or ceiling. The exterior dome can be easily removed to expose the mounting screw holes. A self-adhesive template is included to indicate the position of the three mounting screws (included). The base of the camera has three keyhole slots that correspond to the mounting screws for ceiling mounting. The power and video cables can be routed through the ceiling by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side of the camera by knocking out small panel in the base. Once the installation is complete, the exterior dome can be simply screwed back into place.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.