Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Beats by Dr. Dre® Pill 2.0
Portable powered Bluetooth® speaker (White)
Item # 835BTSPL2W | MFR # MH822AM/A
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Beats by Dr. Dre® Pill 2.0 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
A "social" media player
Recharge your portable device through the Beats Pill's USB port (pictured in black).
Of course the music experience you get from your Beats headphones is great, but it's a pretty isolated affair. That's perfect when you're on the subway, traveling, or simply listening to music by yourself. But what about when you want to share your tunes with others? Luckily, there's a remedy for that — the Beats Pill 2.0. Small and light enough to slip into a bag when you go on a trip, and barely a handful as you move to another room or out on the deck, the Pill 2.0 pairs wirelessly to your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device. From there you can play your music for everyone.
The signature Beats style and sound
This speaker's unique curved design and metal grille help it stand out. And like all Beats products, the Pill 2.0's sound profile has been crafted to Dr. Dre's exacting standards. The system's four built-in speakers deliver your music with clear highs, detailed mids, and, of course, plenty of bass.
For better stereo separation and better coverage in larger spaces, you can run two Pills together wirelessly in a stereo configuration.
Stay charged on the go
You don't want to shut down the party just because your phone or mobile device is displaying an empty battery icon. Fully charged, the Pill can play for about 7 hours, or you can use some of that power to fuel your smart device. Simply plug it into the Pill's USB port to keep the tunes flowing.
Answer the call
You can also use the Pill 2.0 as a speakerphone. When your smartphone's paired with the Pill, you can accept calls and carry on conversations hands-free. The internal microphone has echo cancellation to ensure call clarity.
Got what I paid for
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth powered speaker
- AC power adapter
- 3' microUSB-to-USB charging cable
- 54" Stereo minijack cable
- Carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Beats by Dr Dre brochure
- Beats Music brochure
- Important Safety Guidelines
- Limited Warranty
- Beats logo sticker
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- NFC (Near Field Communication) one-touch pairing with compatible devices
- wireless range: 30'
- internal microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- recharges your phone via included USB Type A to USB mini charging cable
- four built-in full-range speakers
- minijack auxiliary input for laptops, handheld game consoles, and other portable devices (minijack cable included)
- USB input for charging (USB cable included)
- rechargeable battery lasts up to 7 hours
- auto shut-off after 30 minutes of inactivity
- 7-1/2"W x 2"H x 2"D
- weight: 0.7 lbs.
- AC power adapter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Beats by Dr. Dre® Pill 2.0 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||Yes|
Active Bluetooth Speaker: The Beats Pill 2.0 by Dr Dre is a self-powered Bluetooth speaker. It features four 1" full-range drivers and a built-in amplifier. Despite its compact size, the Beats Pill 2.0 speaker produces good sound with clear highs and adequate bass.
Bluetooth Technology: The Beats Pill 2.0 by Dr Dre is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows PC, Mac computer, or other Bluetooth compatible devices. The Beats Pill 2.0 supports Bluetooth audio streaming with basic control (A2DP/AVRCP) and Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP), as well as a simple pairing procedure.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Beats Pill 2.0 Bluetooth speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device through the Beats Pill 2.0 speaker. You'll also be able to control basic music playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from Pill 2.0. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advance music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Beats Pill 2.0 has a built-in microphone and Answer/End button, so you can use it as a hands-free speakerphone to answer, reject, and put on hold incoming calls. Use the Pill 2.0 to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Simple Pairing (w/ NFC): A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Beats Pill 2.0 by Dr Dre. The speaker also supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) technology for pairing; simply tap your NFC-enabled Android smartphone (OS 4.0+) to the NFC tag on the side of the speaker for instant pairing with the Pill 2.0 (not available for all phones). The Pill 2.0 can remember up to eight devices, but can only pair with one device at a time. Once paired, the Beats Pill 2.0 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Beats Pill 2.0 by Dr Dre.
Beats Bond: You can sync two Beats Pill 2.0's by tapping them together to play the same song in two different rooms of your home. You can also tap two Beats Pill 2.0's together twice for stereo music listening, making one Beats Pill 2.0 the left output and the other the right.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the Beats Pill 2.0 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
USB Charging Port: The Beats Pill 2.0 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB (type-A) port. Simple connect your mobile device to the Bluetooth speaker with the USB cable that comes with your device. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The Beats Pill 2.0 Bluetooth speaker has a built-in, rechargeable battery that provides up to 7 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the speaker's built-in microUSB (type-B) port, using the included microUSB-to-USB cable and AC power adapter, or a free USB port on your computer. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
Carrying Case: The Beats Pill 2.0 by Dr Dre comes with a soft carrying case with zipper closure.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.