Astell & Kern A&ultima SP1000 Limited Edition
High-resolution portable music player with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® (Black onyx)
Our take on the Astell & Kern A&ultima SP1000 Limited Edition by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Features a limited edition black onyx finish and leather case.
High-res audio with a high-fashion look
This limited edition version of Astell & Kern's A&ultima SP1000 features a striking black onyx finish. But the beauty of this portable high-res player goes deeper than that. Its eight CPU cores deliver pristine sound with minimal distortion, plus smooth, lag-free operation. That's important when you're playing large high-resolution audio files.
The SP1000 also features a spacious 5” touchscreen with simple, intuitive controls. And its rotary control wheel not only lets you fine-tune the volume, but also power up the player, and turn the touchscreen on or off.
The SP1000 has dual digital-to-analog converters (DACs), one for each stereo channel. This ensures outstanding detail and dynamic range, a completely quiet background, and a spacious soundstage.
These powerful AKM AK449EQ DACs do native conversion of Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files. You also get bit-perfect playback for PCM-based files up to 32-bit/384kHz. And they produce a surprising amount of detail from your CD-quality and compressed music files, too.
Doubles as a USB DAC
Built into the SP1000 is a voltage-controlled high-precision clock — the same found in high-end audio systems — to tame detail-smearing jitter. This ensures your music will sound as natural and finely detailed as possible.
The clock also makes the SP1000 an ideal USB DAC. Plug it into your computer, and the SP1000 will bypass your PC's noisy audio section entirely, for clear sound from your music files and streaming sources.
Built-in Wi-Fi lets the SP1000 easily connect your home network. Wirelessly stream audio (including high-res audio) from your computer, digital music server, smartphone or tablet. And you can stream wirelessly to any DLNA-compatible speakers on your network or to a Bluetooth speaker.
Storage for your music files
The player features 256GB internal memory — ideal for the larger file sizes of high-res audio. The microSD card slot can handle cards up to 256GB, for a total possible capacity of 512GB.
Fast charging and file transfers
The SP1000 uses USB 3.0 for charging the player's built-in battery and transferring files. Get a full charge in as little as 2 hours, plus transfer files at a rate of up to 10GB per second.
- Astell & Kern's flagship high-res player
- limited edition black onyx stainless steel casing
- includes Swedish tanned leather case
- plays MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, APE, WMA, DFF, DSF
- native DSD playback (up to 11.2MHz)
- dual AKM AK4497EQ digital-to-analog converters for bit-perfect playback of high-resolution audio files
- up to 32-bit/384Khz for PCM and 11.2MHz for DSD
- one DAC each for the left and right channels for proper stereo separation
- 256GB internal flash memory
- microSD card slot for cards up to 256GB (up to 512GB total memory)
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 12 hours of operation
Display and Controls:
- 5" high-definition touchscreen display
- simplified home screen focuses primarily on music playback
- revamped menu design for easier use and music control
- crown-patterned analog knob on the side controls volume and power
- 20-band EQ with 0.5dB-step adjustments and user-created presets
Processing and Wireless Features:
- octa-core CPU for increased processing speed
- quick boot up, snappy controls, and lag-free operation when playing large digital music files
- built-in Wi-Fi for streaming and downloading music from a networked computer via DLNA
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- can transfer and play files wirelessly from networked computer or digital music server
- Bluetooth 4.1-compatible (A2DP, not recommended for files with sampling rates greater than 48kHz)
Connections and Specs:
- high-speed USB 3.0 type-C port (cable included)
- for quick drag-and-drop file transfer and fast battery charging
- 3.5mm unbalanced headphone/optical output
- 2.5mm balanced output (only 4-pole connection supported)
- output level: 2.2Vrms (unbalanced)/ 3.9Vrms (balanced)
- output impedance: 2 ohms (3.5mm headphone output)
- total harmonic distortion: 0.0005% (1kHz, unbalanced output)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 120 dB
- 2-15/16"W x 5-3/8"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 13.64 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee