Astell&Kern A&norma SR15
High-resolution portable music player with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
Our take on the Astell&Kern A&norma SR15 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Why tilt the screen?
The first thing you notice about the Astell&Kern A&norma SR15 portable player is the screen. It's slightly angled compared to the rest of the aluminum body. The reason is elegantly simple: it lets you hold the player comfortably without your fingers blocking the screen. That level of thoughtful design is applied inside the player as well. The SR15 treats your high-resolution music files right, for remarkable clarity and detail from an on-the-go player.
Made for high-resolution audio
The SR15 has a quad-core processor for fast and accurate decoding. Dual built-in high-performance DACs — one for each stereo channel — give you bit-perfect playback of high-res files up to 24-bit/192kHz. You can also play 1-bit high-res DSD64 and DSD128 files (up to 5.6MHz), which are converted to PCM for playback.
Couple the SR15 with a set of high-performance headphones and you're in for a real listening experience. The player has both a standard 3.5mm stereo minijack and a 2.5mm balanced 4-pole output.
Outstanding sound quality
You can play high-resolution downloads from sites like HDtracks without any additional equipment. Even with CD-quality files or compressed formats like MP3, the SR15 can help your music sound its best.
The player's high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion let the subtle details of your music come through. Plus, its high-fidelity, low-impedance output gives your headphones more power than most portable music players.
Bluetooth 4.1 lets you stream a high-quality signal to compatible wireless speakers or headphones. And it's backwards compatible, so you can use the SR15 regardless of the type of Bluetooth your gear has built-in. You can also connect it to your home Wi-Fi network to make the most of your streaming music subscription services.
To add music to the SR15, connect the player to your computer with the included USB cable. Then just drag and drop your selections to the player while its built-in battery charges. The player comes with 64GB of internal memory. A microSD card slot lets you expand the storage up to 464GB. And of course, you can have more tunes on extra cards and bring them along for easy swapping.
- compact high-resolution portable music player
- plays MP3, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF digital music files
- plays Direct Stream Digital (DSD) files (.dff and .dsf formats up to 5.6MHz resolution)
- DSD files are converted to PCM for playback
- supports PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- dual high-performance Cirrus Logic DACs (one each for left and right channels)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX® for high-quality streaming to compatible headphones and speakers
- built-in Wi-Fi to access home wireless network and internet
- 3.5mm unbalanced headphone output
- 2.5mm balanced 4-pole output for compatible headphones
- 64GB internal flash memory
- microSD card slot for cards up to 400GB (up to 464GB total memory)
- angled 3.3" color touchscreen
- analog volume wheel provides fine level adjustments
- high-speed USB interface (cable included) for drag-and-drop file transfer and battery charging
- output impedance: 1.1 ohms (3.5mm headphone output), 1.6 ohm (2.5mm balanced output)
- signal to noise ratio: 122db @ 1kHz, both unbalanced and balanced
- aluminum casing
- built-in rechargeable battery
- 2-1/4"W x 3-15/16"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 5.43 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee