PX Series power amplifier — 300W x 2 at 8 ohms, 1,000W x 1 at 4 ohm bridged
Item # 845PX3 | MFR # PX3
$449.99 Earn up to 450 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Yamaha PX3 by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
The power to get you through
Yamaha's PX Series amplifiers offer versatility, customization options, and highly efficient, hard-hitting power which works in a wide variety of settings. From the club to the concert hall to the convention center, you'll find these amplifiers are more than just reliable delivery systems for juice — they're essential components for great sound that put you in control.
Yamaha's PX3 amplifier pushes out 300 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 500 watts per channel at 4 ohms, and up to 1,000 watts to one channel at 4 ohms in Power Boost Mode. Yamaha's fresh approach to Class D circuitry incorporates a custom single-chip processor for highly efficient performance that'll keep cool under heavy demands. The amp's design also shaves a few pounds off its weight, making it easier to move it from gig to gig. Power Boost Mode combines the power output from two channels into one, so the amp can drive a power-hungry subwoofer or other single speaker.
Easy command of your sound
The PX3 comes with standard tweaking tools, including crossover, filters, delay, and limiter functions. Yamaha's multi-band D-CONTOUR dynamic processing feature gives you control over the frequency response for either front-of-house or monitor configurations. You can adjust the settings easily through the LCD interface in either Basic or Advanced setup mode.
You can cut your setup time by saving your favorite settings to a thumb drive and transferring them to other PX Series amplifiers. Yamaha's Config Wizard provides quick access to optimized presets for your system type, and individualized treatments for any Yamaha passive speakers you might be using. Worried about someone tampering with your settings? Employ the panel locking feature to keep them safe when you're not looking.
Yamaha built the PX3 with XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, and it offers binding post, phone, and Neutrik Speakon® outputs for the speakers. Rack mounts are included, so you can install multiple amps in one rack to power your multi-speaker setup.
- 2-channel power amplifier
- power output at 1 kHz:
- 300 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 500 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 600 watts (mono) at 8 ohms in Power Boost Mode
- 1000 watts (mono) at 4 ohms in Power Boost Mode
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±1.0 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.1% (20-20,000 Hz)
- Power Boost Mode combines power output from two channels into one
- USB input for saving settings and transferring between amplifiers
- LCD screen with Basic and Advanced setup modes
- smart Config Wizard with presets for passive Yamaha speakers
- panel lock
- variable high- and low-pass crossovers, parametric EQ, crossover, delay, and limiter functions
- D-CONTOUR multi-band dynamic processing
- variable speed fan for cooling
- DC, short circuit, and overload protection with automatic reset
- front-panel LEDs indicate Power, Alert, USB, Signal, Clip/Limit, and Protection Warning for easier troubleshooting
- rack mount ears included
- inputs: XLR and 1/4" TRS for channels A and B
- outputs: Neutrik Speakon jacks; 5-way binding posts; 1/4" jacks
- dimensions: 18-15/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 15-5/8"D (2 rack spaces)
- weight: 15.21 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Power amplifier (rack-ears installed)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- AC plug clamp
- USB cap
- Owner's Manual Technical Specifications
- "Notice" sheet
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||300|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||500|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||300|
Powerful, Efficient Design: The Yamaha PX3 is driven by a newly developed Class-D amplifier engine that concentrates all the necessary functions into a single custom LSI chip, and uses PLL technology to control transfer characteristics in real time, achieving impressive sound quality and power. This new single-chip architecture offers higher output and improved performance in a more lightweight, yet reliable design. A combination of cutting-edge technology and an exhaustive component selection process make the PX3 a supremely efficient amplifier with low noise, reliable protection features, and above all, outstanding sound quality.
Stereo & Bridged Modes: The PX3 power amplifier can be configured for a Stereo or Bridged (Power Boost) application. Bridged or Power Boost Mode combines the power output from two channels into one, achieving significantly higher single-channel power levels to drive high power handling speakers when needed (note that the number of channels available is cut in half in this case).
- Stereo Mode:
- 8Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- 4Ω: 500 watts x 2 channels
- 2Ω: 300 watts x 2 channels
- Bridged (Power Boost) Mode:
- 8Ω: 600 watts x 1 channel
- 4Ω: 1000 watts x 1 channel
Flexible Connectivity: Equipped with both XLR and TRS inputs, as well as binding post, SpeakON and phone outputs, the PX Series amplifier offers the flexibility needed for a variety of setups and environments.
- Analog Inputs: Analog inputs include two XLR-3-31 terminals and two 1/4" Phone (TRS) jacks.
- Speaker Outputs: Speaker outputs include two Neutrik speakON NL4 connectors, two pair of binding posts terminals, and two 1/4" Phone (TS) jacks.
Routing: Select the route of the input signal by selecting Dual, Parallel, Single or Sum.
- Dual: Sends the input signal from channel A to speaker A, and sends the input signal from channel B to speaker B.
- Parallel: Sends the input signal from channel A to both speaker A & B outputs.
- Single: Sends only the input signal from channel A to the speaker A or B output (not both).
- Sum: Mixes and sends the input signals from channel A and channel B to speakers A & B outputs.
Two Mode Setup: To accommodate users with varying levels of sound reinforcement experience, the PX series amplifier offers both Basic and Advanced setup modes.
- Basic Mode: Basic mode allows even inexperienced users to easily configure a system that meets their needs.
- Advanced Mode: Advanced mode offers experienced users more precise control over every aspect of their sound.
8 Programmable Presets: The PX3 features eight programmable presets for instant recall and reduced setup time that can be saved to a USB thumb drive and shared with other PX amplifiers.
Smart Configuration Wizard: The Config Wizard allows you to save even more time during system setup by assigning optimized speaker settings that match your system configuration- simply select the appropriate filter and crossover for each speaker, and Config Wizard will do the rest.
Preset Speakers: The Config Wizard also features presets specifically tuned for each model in Yamaha's extensive lineup of passive speakers, including the popular CBR, Club, Installation, and VXS/VXC series.
- Full-Range: A10, A12, A12M, A15, CBR10, CBR12, CBR15, Club112V, Club115V, Club215V, ClubM10V, IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF2108, IF2205, IF2208, NSAW392, NSAW592, NSAW992, R12M, R15M, R112, R115, R215, VS4, VS6, VXC4, VXC6, VXC8, VXS5, VXS8
- Subwoofer: A15W, ClubSW115V, ClubSW118V, ClubSW218V, IS1112, IS1118, IS1215, IS1218, R118W, VXS10S
- Bi-Amp: IF211264, IF211295, IF211299, IF2112AS, IF2112M64, IF2112M95, IF2112M99, IF211564, IF211595, IF211599, IF2115AS, IF2115M64, IF2115M95, IF2115M99, IF311564, IF311595, IH200064, IH200095
Sophisticated Signal Processing: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier comes with flexible onboard crossover, filters, delay, polarity, level, and limiter functions; allowing quick and easy system setup via the LCD screen, without the need for any additional outboard gear.
- High Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's high pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Low Pass Filter: Sets the crossover's low pass filter frequency (20-20kHz) of channel A and channel B.
- Polarity: Sets the polarity (Normal/Inverted) in order to avoid volume problems due to phase interference between speakers.
- Delay (Advanced mode only): Sets the delay time to compensate the distance between speakers. Sets by time (0-74 milliseconds) or by distance (0-83.4 feet / 0-25.4 meters).
- Level (Advanced mode only): Sets the output level (-10 to +10dB) to balance the output levels of channels.
- Limiter (Advanced mode only): For changing the settings of the limiter (10-1500W) depending on the speaker specifications, in order to protect the speaker.
Note: You can link the parameter settings of channels A and B, as well as copy parameters between channels.
D-CONTOUR Processing: The PX3 also features Yamaha's intelligent D-CONTOUR multi-band dynamic processing, allowing you to achieve consistent clarity and high-quality sound at any output level by tailoring the frequency response of each connected speaker for either front-of-house or monitor configurations.
Utilities: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier makes it fast and easy to configure panel settings, monitor amplifier status, and transfer data via USB, plus features a panel locking function to keep your settings safe. You can even export information such as internal device and log data to USB for rapid troubleshooting should difficulties arise.
LCD Screen: The PX3 amplifier is equipped with a front-panel LCD screen for display of audio settings and adjustments. For the protection of the LCD screen, the display automatically turns off it the PX amplifier has not been operated for 20 minutes. To turn-on the display again, simply press any key on the front-panel or rotate the main knob.
Durable Construction: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier has the durability to stand up to extended road-use thanks to the sturdy chassis and carrying handle design.
Rack Mounting: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier can be mounted in an EIA standard rack (2U size).
Power Requirements: The Yamaha PX3 amplifier operates off of standard household current (120V) using its built-in power supply and detachable AC power cord.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
PX Series power amplifier — 300W x 2 at 8 ohms, 1,000W x 1 at 4 ohm bridged$449.99
Crown XLS 1002
DriveCore™ 2 Series power amplifier — 215W x 2 at 8 ohms, 1,100W x 1 at 4 ohms bridged
Crown XLS 1502
DriveCore™ 2 Series power amplifier — 300W x 2 at 8 ohms, 1,550W x 1 at 4 ohms bridged
PX Series power amplifier — 500W x 2 at 8 ohms, 1,400W x 1 at 4 ohm bridged$599.99