KRK ROKIT 10 G3
3-way powered studio monitor with 10" woofer, 4" midrange, and 1" tweeter
Our take on the KRK ROKIT 10 G3 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The woofer, midrange, and tweeter are each individually amped for maximum accuracy in the KRK ROKIT 10 G3.
3-way power and precision
The ROKIT 10 G3's amplifier specs — it's rated at exactly 148 watts — might seem to be unusually precise, but there's a good reason for that. The monitor's three drivers are individually powered, so each gets exactly as much power as it needs to produce clean, accurate sound. The 10" woofer gets the lion's share, taking 86 watts and turning them into tight, accurate bass. That leaves 32 for the 4" midrange and another 30 for the 1" soft tweeter. KRK's precision translates into sonic accuracy, too — the kind of accuracy you need when you're in the studio, working hard to create the perfect mix.
Controls and connections
KRK knows you don't always have control over the space you're working in, so they gave each ROKIT monitor fine-tuning capabilities to help you match its sound to your environment. The high-frequency level adjustment switch allows you to tailor volume to suit your sonic preference. The low-frequency control lets you boost or cut bass to compensate for room acoustics, room size, and monitor position to maintain proper frequency response.
To keep you connected to the widest possible range of studio gear, each ROKIT monitor features an unbalanced RCA connector, as well as balanced 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors, so you're ready for anything.
- frequency response: 25-30,000 Hz
- tri-amped design with separate class A/B amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- 10" lightweight, Aramid-glass composite woofer for tight bass
- woofer amplifier power: 86 watts
- 4" lightweight, Aramid-glass composite midrange
- midrange amplifier power: 32 watts
- 1" soft dome tweeter with proprietary waveguide design for superior imaging
- tweeter amplifier power: 30 watts
- designed for near-field monitoring
- peak SPL: 113 dB
- system volume control (-30 dB to +6 dB)
- high frequency adjust switch (+1 dB, 0, -1 dB -2 dB)
- low frequency adjust switch (+2 dB, 0, -1 dB -2 dB)
- front-firing port design reduces boundary coupling for more placement flexibility
- MDF enclosure construction with black vinyl wrap finish
- factory installed foam pad on monitor base provides vibration isolation
- balanced XLR
- balanced 1/4" TRS
- unbalanced RCA
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 12-13/16"W x 21-1/2"H x 14-7/16"D
- weight: 46 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered studio monitor speaker
- 58" AC power cord
- User Guide
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||4|
|Full range Driver size||0|
|Enclosure type||Bass Reflex|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||140|
|Peak Power rating||Not given|
|Inputs||XLR, 1/4" TRS, RCA|
|Parts warranty||3 Years|
|Labor warranty||3 Years|
|Maximum Peak SPL||113|
Powered Near Field Studio Monitor: KRK's Rokit 10-G3 powered studio monitor offers professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback.
3-Way Speaker Design: The Rokit 10-G3 monitor features a three-way speaker design for vocal clarity and extended bass response.
- 1" Neodymium Soft-Dome Tweeter: The 1" Neodymium tweeter utilizes a silk soft-dome for detailed high frequency reproduction. The tweeter also employs Ferro fluid damping/cooling to control distortion and heat dissipation. The tweeter is recessed into a waveguide and coupled to the curved front baffle to optimize on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
- 4" Glass Aramid Composite Midrange: The Rokit 10-G3 features one 4" glass aramid composite midrange driver. Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid woofer cone for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- 10" Glass Aramid Composite Woofer: The Rokit 10-G3 features one 10" glass aramid composite bass woofer. Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid woofer cone for excellent transient response and deep, accurate bass.
Tri-Amplification: The proprietary tri-amped, class A/B amplifier offers large headroom and low distortion with SPL up to 113dB. The 140 watt amplifier provides 30 watts to the tweeter, 30 watts to the midrange, and 80 watts to the woofer.
Curved Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Rokit 10-G3 has a radically curved front surface which prevents the problems caused by traditional rectangular speakers. Rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sound waves leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the listening field causing phase distortion. The Rokit 10-G3 enclosure virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider, more natural sounding sweet spot. The Rokit 10-G3 also features a front-firing slotted port which is shaped to reduce port turbulence. This combination ensures clean and accurate bass performance, even at high SPLs, without coupling issues. The cabinet is made of reinforced MDF to prevent unwanted distortion cause by vibration.
Controls: The Rokit 10-G3 powered studio monitor speaker features volume and low/high frequency control.
- Volume: The input sensitivity is adjusted with the rear-panel mounted Volume control. Adjustment range is from -30dB to +6dB. Factory preset gain is +6dB.
- Low & High Frequency: The Rokit 10-G3 has both Low (-2 to +2dB) and High (-2 to +1dB) Frequency level controls. This feature provides specific adjustment of both ends of the frequency spectrum output most commonly affected by room acoustics. These controls ensure the most accurate mix for your particular room's acoustics.
Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs: The Rokit 10-G3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR and 1/4" Line inputs (10kΩ), as well as unbalanced RCA inputs (10kΩ).
Protection Circuitry: The Rokit 10-G3 features Thermal, Overload, and Clip protection circuitry to prevent damage.
Placement: The left and right studio monitors should be approximately 3-5' apart and directed at a 60-degree angle towards the listener's location. Measure the distance between the left and right studio monitors to make sure the listening position is equal distance to both sides. This will form an equilateral triangle. Its important that both left and right studio monitors are level matched. The speaker should be placed at ear level.
Note: Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
This is the dream monitor for small-mid sized rooms... 31 Hz- 20 kHz, all in one unit, great design, and I cannot wait to make a review of these beauties! [ Tyler Dylan May 28, 2016 ]
best sound quality krk makes the music sound the way its supposed to [ Robert Mar 29, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Thanks for your question! You will want to contact one of our Pro Audio Advisors directly by phone (800.555.9369) or online chat for more details on what you will need to go with the KRK ROKIT 10 G3 speaker(s). They can go over all the specifics to ensure you have everything you need to enjoy these speakers to their full potential. [ Larry Jun 24, 2017 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
KRK ROKIT 10 G3
3-way powered studio monitor with 10" woofer, 4" midrange, and 1" tweeter$499.00 each
KRK ROKIT 8 G3
2-way powered studio monitor with 8" woofer and 1" tweeter
2-way powered studio monitor with 8" woofer and 1" tweeter$349.99 each
Focal Alpha 80
2-way powered studio monitor with 8" woofer and 1" tweeter$499.99 each