Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Rack-mountable CD player
Item # 850CD200 | MFR # CD200
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Tascam CD-200 by Crutchfield's Loren Barstow
Need a CD player for your studio, business, or home? One that offers performance, reliability, and convenience at a price that won't break the bank? Look no further than the Tascam CD-200. Tascam built this sleek player on the solid foundation of their best-selling CD-160, while adding a few upgrades and performance tweaks along the way. The CD-200 features a new transport custom-designed for audio playback, with a smooth disc loading drawer and low clamping noise. Tascam also improved the internal clock for cleaner sound with decreased jitter (distortion caused by timing errors).
Flexible and easy to use
Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs offer a simple connection to a recorder or digital console. A front-panel pitch control lets you adjust pitch and tempo — great for musicians, dancers, and fitness instructors. For private listening, the CD-200 includes a headphone jack on the front panel with a volume control. In addition to standard CDs, the CD-200 plays discs with MP3 and WAV files, and has front-panel folder up/down buttons that make it easy to find the right folder. And the included remote includes number keys for quick access to a specific track.
What's in the Box:
- CD player with attached 74" power cord
- 2 Rack ears (installed)
- 4 Pan-head rack screws (with rubber washers)
- Wireless remote control (RC-CD200)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Precautions sheet
- plays standard audio CDs, MP3 & WAV file CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- CD TEXT and ID3 tag support
- stereo RCA unbalanced analog line outputs
- optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital audio outputs
- 1/4" stereo headphone output with volume control
- ±12.5% pitch control (analog output only)
- 10-second shockproof memory built in (protection against skipping)
- three play modes: continuous, shuffle, and program
- repeat playback (single repeat, all repeat)
- folder repeat for data CDs
- wireless remote control with direct track access
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±1.5dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 90 dB
- rack mountable (2U rack space)
- 19"W x 3-3/4"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 9.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The TASCAM CD-200 is a rack-mountable professional CD player. The player comes with a wireless remote control, and with rack-mount ears installed. There are multiple outputs to choose from, including analog RCA connections, as well as optical and coaxial digital outs. The unit also has a 1/4" headphone output with a level control.
Compatible Media: The CD-200 is equipped with a high quality CD-5020A tray-loading CD disc drive. The unit is compatible CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs (12cm and 8cm) with the following media types:
- CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo
- MP3: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-320 kbps, VBR
- WAV: 8 / 16 / 32 / 11.025 / 22.05 / 44.1 / 12 / 24 / 48 kHz, 8 or 16-bit
Pitch Control: While playing back CDs, the CD-200 can vary the pitch by rotating the pitch control knob on the front panel. You can vary the pitch by approximately + or - 12.5%. Only the analog outputs are used when pitch control is switched on.
Playback Functions: The CD-200 offers several playback functions:
- Playback Modes: continuous, shuffle, and program (99 tracks)
- Intro Check: plays the first 10 seconds of each track, one after another
- Repeat: You can select disc or track repeat on CD-DA discs. On data CDs, you can select Folder Repeat.
Display: The front panel has a bright blue and white display. The unit will display CD Text and ID3 tag information, as well as various time displays. You can change the time display on CD-DA tracks to track elapsed, track remain, and total remain. Data CDs display total elapsed time only.
Shock Protection: To protect against skipping, the CD drive has a 10-second memory buffer.
Rack Mountable: The CD-200 comes out of the box with rack ears installed. The unit will fit into a 2U rack-mount space, however it is recommended to leave 1U of space above and 4" behind the unit for proper ventilation. If needed, the player's 4 rubber feet can be removed when rack-mounting. Four rack-mounting screws with rubber washers are included.
Wireless Remote Control: The CD-200 includes the RC-CD200 remote control. The remote is powered by two "AA" batteries (included). The remote's operating range is approximately 7 meters (23') at an angle of 15° left or right.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1.5dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 90dB or greater
- Dynamic Range: 90dB or greater
- Channel Separation: 90dB or greater
Output Ratings: The CD-200 includes both analog and digital outputs:
- Analog Output: RCA pin jack
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Reference Output Level: -10dBV (0.32 Vrms)
- Maximum Output Level: +6dBV (2.0 Vrms)
- Headphone Output:
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jack
- Maximum Output Level: 20mW + 20mW (THD+N: 0.1%, 32Ω)
- Digital Outputs (S/PDIF):
- Coaxial: RCA pin jack connector
- Optical: Optical jack (TosLink)
Dimensions: The CD-200 has the following dimensions:
* Overall width includes rack-mount ears; overall height includes feet; overall depth include an allowance of 2.75" for cables.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.