Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XY stereo cardioid microphone for DSLR cameras
Item # 850TM2XY | MFR # TM-2XY
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Tascam TM-2Xby Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Tascam TM-2X microphone (shown with included noise isolation arm) produces clear stereo sound without background noise.
High-definition audio to match your video
A good DSLR camera can record excellent high-definition video, making it a highly flexible tool for any photographer. But your camera's built-in mic may not be able to do everything you need on a video shoot. Tascam's TM-2X features a pair of high-quality condenser mics so you can capture clear stereo sound to go along with your high-def footage.
Noise is not welcome here
You want to hear full, engaging sound, not noise. The TM-2X is designed to eliminate the extraneous stuff and leave you with clear, crisp audio worth listening to. The XY configuration allows the microphone to gather sound from a wide field in front of the camera, while rejecting off-axis noise. The head assembly also allows you to tilt the stereo pair up or down by as much as 90 degrees each way for added flexibility. The mounting head reduces handling noise through the use of a gimbal-like floating structure, and the included noise isolation arm keeps the mechanical whirring and clicking noises made by an auto-focus lens from ruining your recording. Taking absolutely no chances, Tascam's engineers included a built-in low cut switch and a fuzzy windscreen to eliminate wind and other background noise.
- compatible with DSLRs with 3.5mm unbalanced minijack input
- XY pair adds high-quality stereo sound to videos
- frequency range: 50-20,000 Hz
- cardioid pattern focuses on sounds in front of the camera, reducing off-axis interference
- designed to handle high input levels without distortion
- 13" cable with 3.5mm jack for connecting to compatible DSLR cameras
Noise reduction features:
- floating mic support structure absorbs unwanted sounds from handling and operation
- included noise isolation arm keeps vibrations and lens noise out of your recording
- fuzzy windscreen (included) eliminates noise from wind in outdoor shoots
- low-cut switch combats low-frequency background noise
- 2-1/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 2-3/4"D (microphone head assembly)
- 1-5/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 5-5/8"D (noise isolation arm)
- 2.6 oz. (microphone head assembly)
- 1.4 oz. (noise isolation arm)
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee