Handheld vocal condenser microphone
Our take on the AKG C5 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Made for the human voice
The AKG C5 condenser microphone is designed for professional vocal sound reproduction. This handheld mic's frequency response is optimized for the human voice, delivering smooth sound with high gain. A cardioid polar pattern rejects sounds coming from other sources onstage. The durable front grille is made of spring-steel wire mesh, and has a layer of fabric that serves as an internal windscreen. And the microphone's die-cast zinc alloy body ensures the C5 will hold up to the stress and strain of repeated setups and tear downs.
- condenser vocal microphone
- for lead and background vocals in live performance
- cardioid polar pattern
- zinc alloy body with spring-steel wire mesh grille
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- max. SPL: 140 dB
- 7-5/16" length x 2" diameter
- weight: 12.2 oz.
- XLR connector
- requires phantom power (9 to 52V) on your mixer or audio interface
- stand adapter
- microphone bag
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Stand clamp
- Presence Boost (Installed on mic)
- Vinyl carry case
- Owners manual (English/Spanish/French and Others)
- Microphone guide
- Warranty card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Application||For live use|
|Frequency response||65Hz - 20k|
|Max SPL||145 dB SPL|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG C5 is a professional condenser microphone designed for live applications. With features like solid die-cast housing, extremely rugged grill, and a gold-plated transducer case, which protects the capsule from corrosion and humidity, this mic is ready for the most demanding stage work.
Polar Pattern: The C5 has a cardioid polar pattern, which has maximum sound pickup directly in front of it, slightly less pickup from the sides, and no pickup from the rear of the mic.
Presence Boost: The supplied PB1000 Presence Boost attachment (pre-installed on mic) provides a boost of approximately 5 dB between 5kHz and 9kHz, for optimum intelligibility of speech.
Connection: The AKG C5 provides a balanced output on a standard male, 3-pin XLR connector.
Phantom Power: Because the C5 is a condenser mic, it requires phantom power. This can range from 9 to 52 volts.
- Capsule: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 65Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 4mV/Pa
- Signal to Noise: 69dB-A
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 2000 Ohms
- Phantom Power: 9 to 52 volts
- Finnish: Matte Grayish Blue
- Connector Type: 3-Pin male XLR
- Dimensions: Length - 7.3", Diameter - 2.0"
- Weight: 12.2 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.