AKG D12 VR
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
Our take on the AKG D12 VR by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
A tradition of excellence
Over sixty-five years ago, AKG began making microphones that were quickly embraced for their exceptional quality. Today, AKG's emphasis on continuous innovation keeps them in the forefront of microphone technology. If sound quality is your top priority, AKG microphones can make the difference between a good show and a great show.
Kick out the jams
Manufactured at AKG's flagship factory in Vienna, the D12 VR is a reference dynamic microphone designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications. Touting the thinnest diaphragm available, this mic reproduces an instrument's sound with incredible accuracy. Switch on the phantom power, and you'll gain access to three filter presets:
- a low-end boost that enhances the kick drum's power and impact;
- a midrange attentuation that makes room for other instruments in the mix;
- the first two settings are applied, along with a high-frequency bump that enhances the kick drum's slap.
Without phantom power, the microphone works in passive mode, delivering the instrument's warm sound without any coloration, even at unbelievably high levels, and its cardioid pattern rejects sounds from neighboring instruments.
- dynamic microphone
- designed for kick drum, bass guitar, and other low-frequency instruments
- cardioid pattern for noise rejection and high gain before feedback
- ultra-thin diaphragm
- optimized bass chamber enhances bass response
- patented switchable active-filter presets
- original C414 transformer
- frequency response: 17-17,000 Hz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- male XLR connector
- microphone case
- warranty: 2 years limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|