AKG Perception P4
Cardioid dynamic microphone
Our take on the AKG Perception P4 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
A versatile mic for a variety of instruments
The AKG Perception P4 dynamic microphone is bound to come in handy for live gigs or recording situations. This mic offers a sweet, neutral response and handles high SPLs (sound pressure levels), so you can use it for drums, guitar amps, wind instruments, and more. Its humbucking design cancels out electric hum, further ensuring that you get clean sound. The P4 comes with its own drum clamp, making mounting simple when you're using it to mike up a snare, tom, or other part of a drum kit.
- dynamic microphone for drums, percussion, guitar amps, and wind instruments
- cardioid polar pattern
- all-metal body
- humbucking design to eliminate low-frequency hum
- frequency response: 40-18,000 Hz
- output impedance: 2,000 ohms
- sensitivity: 2.5mV/Pa
- max. SPL: 157 dB
- 4-3/8" length x 1-3/4" diameter
- weight: 8.6 oz.
- XLR connector
- carry case
- drum mounting clamp
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- features: drum mounting clip; low-frequency humbucking design
- live sound: drums, percussion, guitar amps, wind instruments
- frequency range: 40-18,000 Hz
What's in the Box:
- Dynamic cardioid instrument microphone
- H440 Adapter plate
- Zippered storage pouch
- User Instructions
- Microphone Guide
- Warranty Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The AKG Perception P4 Cardioid Dynamic instrument microphone is designed for live and studio performances, particularly for percussion, guitar amps, and wind instruments. Its all-metal construction can withstand the rigors of live performance for years. The mic comes with an integrated stand adapter, an external H440 bracket, and a zippered storage pouch.
Polar Pattern: The P4 has a cardioid polar pattern that is more sensitive to sounds directly in front of the element. This pattern helps control feedback, and reduces the pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and back.
Mounting: The P4 has an integrated swivel stand adapter, which tilts approximately 170°, and has 5/8"-27 threads. An H440 adapter plate, which allows you to quickly and easily attach the mic to the rim of a snare drum or tom tom, or to the horn of a wind instrument, is also included.
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 18kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 2.5mV/Pa
- Impedance: 500 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: ≥ 2000 ohms
- Max. Sound Pressure Level: 152 dB SPL
- Output Connection: XLR male
- Dimensions: 1.749" diameter, 4.346" length
- Weight: 8.6 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.