10" 2-way powered PA speaker — 1,500W peak
Item # 855PRX710 | MFR # PRX710
$599.99 each Earn up to 600 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Consult a pro audio advisor
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the JBL PRX710 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
High power for some serious sound
A single JBL PRX710 PA speaker puts out up to 1,500 watts producing 133 dB of sound pressure — that's enough power to fill a small club or 300-seat auditorium with loud sound and music all by itself. You could also use this versatile speaker for speech or acoustic music in a venue twice that size. For DJs, church performers, and working bands, match up a pair of PRX710s with a couple of PRX715XLF or PRX718XLF powered subwoofers, and you'll have yourself a compact full-range PA system capable of handling medium-sized clubs and venues.
PRX710 with grille removed
The 10" low-frequency driver in the PRX710 is the same one that JBL uses in its top-of-the-line concert arrays. This Differential Drive® woofer puts out high-powered sound with wide bandwidth and low distortion, having proven its toughness on the road by standing up to constant high-volume play. The high-frequency driver with its JBL-designed compression horn and waveguide covers a wide area with crystal-clear, accurate sound.
A built-in dynamic limiter by dbx ensures that an unexpected overload won't damage the speakers. A 2-channel mixer lets you hook your PRX710 up to a variety of sources for different situations, from using a single microphone to address a conference, to playing the stereo signal from a DJ mixer.
JBL used tongue-and-groove construction to build this solid poplar enclosure, then coated it with their tough DuraFlex™ finish. You can be sure this speaker will survive the normal bumps and bangs of life on the road and play reliably on the job every night. You can use the PRX710 speaker as a stage monitor or as a main PA speaker, and it mounts on a standard speaker stand or pole for better coverage. The enclosure even features an angled stand socket to aim the speaker downward when needed. An onboard EQ lets you switch from a flat response to one with enhanced highs and lows, which adds excitement to the mix.
2-way Powered PA Speaker
- JBL M110-4 Differential Drive® 10" woofer
- JBL 2408H-2 high-frequency compression driver with 1.5" annular polymer diaphragm
- maximum output level: 133 dB SPL
- maximum output power: 1,500 watts
- nominal coverage: 100° horizontal, 60° vertical
- frequency response: 63.5-18,500 Hz
- poplar plywood bass-reflex enclosure with tongue-and-groove joints and DuraFlex™ finish
- 2-channel mixer with individual level controls
- channel 1: XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced input (with mic/line switch)
- channel 2: XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced line-level input (with ground lift switch)
- two RCA unbalanced inputs (ch 1 and ch 2)
- XLR output for connecting another speaker system (ch 1, ch 2, or mix)
- speaker input selector (ch 1, ch 2, or mix)
- DSP includes input limiting, and component optimization
- selectable EQ: Normal (flat) or Boost (enhanced highs and lows)
- crossover frequency: 1,900 Hz
- 750 watts x 2 Class D amplifier
- dbx Type IV™ dynamic limiter with indicator light
- steel speaker grille and injection-molded glass-filled nylon handle
- 1-7/16" (36 mm) socket for optional speaker stand
- rigging points for hanging or mounting with optional mounting hardware
- can be set as a stage monitor angled upward
- optional protective cover available
- weight: 36 lbs
- dimensions: 13-1/4"W x 19-5/8"H x 12-3/4"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered PA speaker
- AC power cord
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.5|
|System Frequency response||63.5-18.5k|
|RMS Power rating||750|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1500|
|Mic Inputs||2 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||2 RCA|
|Tone Controls||Limiter, Xover, EQ|
High Performance Drivers: The JBL PRX710 powered loudspeaker is comprised of a 10" woofer and 1.5" annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 100° (h) by 60° (v) horn. Wide coverage angles are achieved without compromise and harmonic distortion is minimized for maximum driver SPL without harshness. The sound is smooth and consistent without hotspots so control is optimized.
Bi-Amplification: Powering the PRX710 is a 1500-watt (750 watts RMS) high performance, exceptionally low distortion bi-amplification system engineered to deliver clean power with maximum headroom to efficiently deliver smooth high frequencies and rich, deep bass response even at very high sound power levels. Normal and Boost user selectable EQ presets are provided.
Rugged Enclosure: The PRX710'e enclosure is built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. The cabinet is protected by JBL's tour proven DuraFlex finish and 16AWG steel grille. Light-weight glass-filled nylon handles ensure portability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
Inputs/Outputs: A combo-connector offers XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack compatibility. Selectable input sensitivities allow a broad range of devices to be properly matched, from the output of a mixer to an MP3 player or a dynamic microphone. There is also a stereo line-level RCA input. A balanced XLR loop through output connector enables the simple "daisy-chaining" of additional PRX series powered speakers if more coverage and level is required.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the PRX710 perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on a tripod stand (36mm socket), mounted on a subwoofer with a pole, in the floor monitor position, or in a fixed position suspended by the M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.