PreSonus AudioBox™ iTwo Studio
Home and mobile recording bundle with iPad® compatibility
Item # 861ITWOSDO | MFR # AudioBox iTwo Studio
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the PreSonus AudioBox™ iTwo Studio by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The AudioBox iTwo interface and Capture Duo app let you record with your iPad (not included).
Make music on your iPad
Who knows when and where musical inspiration will hit? The next time you get that spark, make sure you're prepared to capture it. You probably already have your instrument and iPad with you — this bundle supplies the recording equipment. There's even software on-board for mixing and editing.
Here's what you get:
- AudioBox iTwo recording interface: Connect this solidly built interface to your iPad or PC, plug in the supplied M7 condenser microphones to the front panel XLR inputs, and you're ready to record. Your mic signals pass through high-grade, low-noise Class A mic preamps for clean, detailed sound.
- Studio One® Artist Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software: This easy-to-use music production software lets you tweak and fine-tune recordings right on your computer screen. Create multiple tracks within a project and apply effects like compression and reverb just by clicking and dragging the mouse.
- Capture™ Duo: A free iPad app that offers two-track recording on a simple, streamlined workstation. It also lets you send iPad recordings wirelessly to the Studio One Artist DAW on your computer for further tracking and mixing. Upgrade to Capture ($9.99 from Apple's App Store) to record up to 32 tracks on your iPad.
- M7 condenser microphone: Capture vocals with clarity and detail. This large-diaphragm condenser mic is designed for studio use, with the sensitivity to pick up the nuances of your vocal performance. We recommend picking up a mic stand for connection to the included threaded adapter.
- HD7 monitoring headphones: Keep tabs on your recording during the performance with these comfortable around-the-ear headphones. The semi-open design provides enough sound isolation for monitoring your performance, while still providing the accurate response needed later for mixing and editing. Pop the 1/4" adapter on for connection to the AudioBox iTwo, or use the miniplug connector for listening with a smartphone.
- XLR cable: To connect the microphone to the interface.
Share and promote your recordings
Once a recording is complete, make it available online to stream or download. A membership to Nimbit®, PreSonus's music-sharing service, is included in this bundle. Nimbit is integrated right into the included Studio One software, and it lets you upload and share music. Tools are provided to easily add a "storefront" page to Facebook or your website.
- 2-input, 2-output computer recording interface for iPad, Mac®, and PC
- internal analog mixer allows direct monitoring of input signals for low latency
- free Capture Duo app for iPad offers easy two-track recording and wireless transfer to your computer
- Capture for iPad offers up to 32-track recording ($9.99 from the Apple App Store)
- 2 XLR/TRS balanced mic/line inputs for connecting microphones, electric guitars or basses
- Class A mic preamps with 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- MIDI input/output (5-pin DIN) for use with an external MIDI controller
- two balanced TRS line outputs for connecting powered studio monitors
- 1/4" headphone output with independent level control
- USB 2.0 port for connection to a computer (cable included)
- 24-bit analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversion with sampling rates of 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz (44.1 and 48kHz with iPad)
- compact, rugged steel chassis for desktop or portable use
- 7-9/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 5-5/16"D
- weight: 1.35 lbs.
Studio One Artist digital recording software:
- unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, buses, and effects channels
- drag-and-drop functionality for intuitive use
- 26 effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- over 4GB of third-party plug-ins
- compatible with Mac® and Windows®
- large-diaphragm condenser microphone for capturing fine detail
- includes adapter for easy connection to a mic stand
- 9-foot XLR cable included
- comfortable, around-the-ear fit with soft earpads
- 50mm neodymium dynamic drivers and semi-open-back design deliver natural sound with punchy bass
- 98" cable with 1/8" miniplug
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- XLR and USB cables included
- system requirements for computer recording: Windows 7 (x64/x86 SP1), Windows 8 (x64/x86), or Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later; USB 2.0 port; Internet connection for software download; monitor with 1280x800 resolution; 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- system requirements for iPad recording: iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini™, or iPad Air™ with iOS 7.0.1 or higher
- powered by your computer via USB; iPad recording requires 30-pin or Lightning™ cable, and USB AC adapter (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- AudioBox iTwo USB/iPad recording system
- 5' USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other end)
- Hookup Guide
- Health Safety and Compliance Guide
- Online Registration sheet
- HD7 over-ear headphones with attached " cable (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 1/4" adapter (installed)
- Storage pouch with drawstring closure
- M7 condenser microphone
- Stand adapter (installed)
- 10' Microphone cable with male and female XLRs
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Bundle Overview: The PreSonus AudioBox iTwo STUDIO has everything you need to make high quality audio recordings on your Mac or Windows computer or iPad. It contains the AudioBox iTwo USB audio interface, M7 condenser microphone, HD7 professional headphones, and downloadable software for your computer or iPad.
24-bit/96kHz Recording: The PreSonus AudioBox iTwo portable audio interface allows you to record 24-bit/96kHz audio to an Apple iPad, PC or Mac. The iTwo features two high quality inputs and two outputs, plus a 1/4" headphone out with volume control. You will be able to download PreSonus' easy-to-use Studio One Artist DAW for Mac and Windows, as well as Capture Duo recording software for iPad (with product registration).
USB Bus Power: The AudioBox iTwo is USB bus-powered, meaning no external power supply is necessary. A USB 2.0/Power Port connects the iTwo to an available USB port on your computer via the supplied USB cable.
Front Panel: The front panel of the AudioBox iTwo features the following:
- Two combo microphone/instrument/line inputs that will accept either a 1/4" TRS or XLR plug. These inputs are equipped with low-noise, high-head-room, Class A microphone preamplifiers, which work with dynamic, ribbon, and condenser microphones.
- The Input Source Button on each channel that lets you select instrument or line level for the 1/4-inch inputs. When the button is not illuminated, the input will accept a line-level source. Pressing the button in engages the instrument preamp for connecting guitars or a passive bass.
- The 48-volt Phantom Power button turns the 48V phantom power on or off for the microphone inputs. The button illuminates blue whenever the 48V button is switched on.
- The Input Gain Controls for each channel provide 52dB of variable gain (-10 to +42 dB) on the microphone inputs and 51 dB of variable gain (-24 to +27 dB) on the instrument inputs. Each channel features an Input Signal Indicator LED next to the gain control that illuminates in green whenever an input signal is present. The LEDs change to red when the channel's input signal reaches -0.5 dBFS. At 0 dBFS, the signal will exhibit signs of clipping.
- The Direct Monitor Mix Control knob allows you to blend the input signals with the playback streams from your computer. This allows you to monitor your input with zero latency. At the 12 o'clock position, the input and playback are equally balanced. You can turn the knob to the left to increase the level of the input relative to the playback, or right to increase the level of the playback relative to the input.
- The Main Output Knob controls the signal level for the main outputs on the back of the interface.
- The 1/4" Headphone Output lets you connect a pair of headphones to the interface. The output has a rotary headphone volume control knob to let you adjust the level of your headphones.
- The Power LED illuminates in blue when the interface is properly powered and synced to a connection on your computer or iPad
Rear Panel: The rear panel of the AudioBox iTwo features the following:
- The MIDI Input/Output allows connection to, and communication with, external MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) equipment. The ports are typically for MIDI sequencing, but can be used for much more than instruments and sequencing.
- The USB 2.0 (Type B USB) port is for connecting the interface to your computer using the included USB cable. This port provides bus power to the unit, and also provides power to the interface when used with an iPad. This port is compatible with all USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- A Type A USB Device Port lets you use an Apple-compatible 30-pin or Lightning-to-USB cable to connect the AudioBox to an iPad when recording and playing back from audio applications.
- Two 1/4" Main Outputs are provided for connecting the unit to an amplifier or powered speakers. The Main Output Knob on the front panel controls the volume level from these outputs.
- A connector is supplied for a Kensington-style Security Lock to protect the AudioBox iTwo from theft.
Studio One Artist: With the purchase of the AudioBox iTwo, the PreSonus Studio One Artist recording software becomes available for downloading. Studio One Artist comes with 26 high-quality Native Effects plug-ins, and more than 4 GB of loops and samples that you can use for music recording and production. The software gives you an unlimited track count, inserts, and sends, as well as project templates that are made specifically for AudioBox interfaces. Studio One Artist is compatible with Windows (7 SP1 and 8 or later) and Mac OS X (10.8 or later).
iPad Compatibility: The AudioBox iTwo is compatible with the following iPad models, that must be running iOS 7.03 or later: iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad 2. Capture Duo software, available for download, is a free 2-channel app that can be used as a simple way of capturing audio on your iPad. Capture for iPad is a paid app ($9.99) that can record and play up to 32 channels.
- Frequency Response (± 3dB): 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1,200 ohms
- THD+N (unweighted, 1 kHz): <0.008%
- S/N Ratio: >95 dB
- Digital Audio:
- Bit Depth: 24
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Dimensions: Width: 7.55", Height: 1.75", Depth: 5.773" (8.131" with USB)
- Weight: 1.35 pounds
Condenser Microphone: The M7 Condenser microphone has a large diaphragm, which makes it ideal for a wide variety of recording sources. Large-diaphragm microphones tend to bring a warm sound, making it an excellent choice for recording voice, acoustic guitar, percussion, and more. Condenser mics capture far more detail than dynamic microphones. Because the M7 is a condenser mic, you will need to provide Phantom power through the AudioBox iTwo.
Stand Adapter: The M7 is not designed to be hand-held. A swivel stand adapter is included for mounting the microphone on a stand. The adapter holds the side-address microphone in the proper upright position. The adapter includes a 5/8" to 3/8" insert to accommodate different sized stand threads. Once mounted, the microphone can be tilted forward or backward over 180°.
Cardioid Polar Pattern: The PreSonus M7 has a cardioid polar pattern which is most sensitive directly in front of the microphone (label side) or to either side, and least sensitive in back.
Leather Pouch: The M7 comes with a leather zippered pouch for storing your microphone when not in use.
Dimensions: Width: 2.123" Height: 6.682" Depth: 2.075"
Weight: 9.7 ounces
Over Ear Design: The HD7 Studio Headphones have an over-the-ear design with soft, long-lasting leather ear pads. The semi-open sound chamber helps to bring out the details of your music. The high-resolution 50mm drivers deliver exceptionally deep low frequencies, accurate midrange, and extended highs.
10' Cable: The HD7s have a 10' straight cable that exits the left earcup. It is terminated with a 3.5mm miniplug that can be used with many portable devices. (The relative large diameter plug may interfere with the cases on many smartphones.) A screw-on 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter is included for use with studio equipment or home audio components with a full-size headphone jack. A storage pouch with a drawstring closure is included for storing your headphones.
- Acoustic Design: Dynamic, Semi-Open
- Drivers: 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Sensitivity: 98dB SPL (1 mW)
- Maximum Power: 300mW
- Rated Impedance: 32Ω
- Dimensions: Earcup Diameter: 4.15" Depth: 2.512"
- Weight: 7.8 ounces (w/o cable), 10.2 ounces (with cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.