PreSonus Temblor T8
Powered 8" studio subwoofer
Our take on the PreSonus Temblor T8 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A versatile sub for your studio and more
How's the low bass in your studio mixes? Add the PreSonus Temblor T8 subwoofer to your studio monitor setup and find out. PreSonus designed this sub to complement their small powered studio monitors, like the Eris E4.5 or Ceres™ BT series. The Temblor delivers fast and accurate transient response while extending the low-frequency response of your studio rig. It also features unbalanced RCA connections for use with home theater and consumer home audio systems. Factor in its compact size (it takes up less than a cubic foot) and you've got one versatile subwoofer.
- 100-watt RMS Class AB amplifier
- 8" glass-composite, down-firing woofer
- bass-reflex cabinet with front-firing port
- peak SPL: 104 dB
- frequency range: 30-200 Hz
- balanced 1/4" TRS pair
- unbalanced RCA pair
- balanced 1/4" TRS pair
- unbalanced RCA pair
- continuously variable -30 to +6 dB input gain
- continuously variable low pass filter (50-130 Hz)
- switchable high pass filter at 80 Hz (for main outputs)
- polarity invert switch
- integrated rubber feet for stable placement
- 10-1/4"W x 11"H x 12-5/8"D
- weight: 21.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active studio subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord (IEC 3-pin plug)
- 6.5' Audio cable (1/4" plugs on each end)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online registration sheet
- PreSonus Health Safety and Compliance Guide
- PreSonus decal
Overview: The PreSonus Temblor Series T8 Active Subwoofer is the perfect companion to the Eris and Sceptre active reference monitors, and the Ceres BT-series active speakers. The T8 has 1/4" and RCA stereo inputs and outputs, low-pass and high-pass filters, and a phase shift. It comes with a 6' power cord and 6.5' 1/4" TRS cable.
Down-firing 8" Woofer: The Temblor T8 is an active subwoofer with a down-firing 8" glass-composite driver, high-temperature voice coil, and damped rubber surround. This woofer design offers outstanding accuracy and a frequency response that ranges from 30Hz to 200Hz.
100W Class AB Amp: The woofer is powered by a built-in 100 watt Class AB amplifier for dynamic, rich, deep, and real bass.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: Its cabinet features a front-firing, bass-reflex acoustic port and optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing. The ported enclosure helps enable the subwoofer to produce higher volume (up to 104 dB SPL at 1m) with less power than a sealed-box design.
Controls: The T8 provides a variety of user controls, enabling seamless integration into your listening environment. The Temblor T8's extensive user controls include input gain (-30dB to +6dB, continuously variable) and a continuously variable low-pass filter (50Hz to 130Hz) that let you create a seamless crossover transition between your full-range studio monitors and subwoofer for a more accurate listening environment. A switchable high-pass filter removes frequency content below 80Hz from the full-range signal sent from the T8 outputs to the main monitors, avoiding destructive cancellation and reinforcement in the T8's upper range. There is also a Polarity switch which reverses the polarity of the summed input signal.
Connections: The Presonus Temblor T8 is fitted with a selection of inputs and outputs for flexibility when connecting your system.
- Inputs: The Temblor T8 provides a choice of two input pairs: one pair of 1/4" TRS balanced inputs and one pair of RCA unbalanced inputs. Pairs of inputs are provided in order to accept a stereo signal from your audio source.
- Outputs: The sub includes one pair of 1/4" TRS balanced outputs and one pair of RCA unbalanced outputs. The full-range signal connected to the stereo inputs on the T8 is passed through to these outputs so you can connect them to your main left and right studio monitors. If the High Pass Filter switch is engaged, frequencies below 80Hz are not sent from these outputs.
Placement: The enclosure has rubber feet that can be added to the supplied spike feet for stable placement, and to protect hardwood floors.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.