Our take on the Mackie HM-4 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Set up your home studio for headphone sound
A headphone distribution amp like Mackie's HM-4 can be an invaluable tool for home recording projects. Place it within arm's reach of the singer when she's laying down vocals. She can tweak her headphone level on the fly to stay comfortable and happy. This amp will send a headphone mix to up to four sets of cans, with independent volume control for each one.
- stereo 1/4" input (TRS)
- four 1/4" stereo headphone outputs (TRS)
- independent level control for each channel
- includes AC power supply
- 4-5/16"W x 2"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: .5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Headphone amplifier
- DC Power supply w/ 60" cord (12 VDC / 200 mA)
- Quickstart guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Mackie HM-4 4-way headphone amplifier is an easy, convenient way to allow up to 4 people listen to the same audio signal. It features one 1/4" stereo input and four 1/4" stereo outputs. The input can accept line-level mono signals, either balanced or unbalanced, or an unbalanced stereo signal. Each of the 4 outputs are unbalanced stereo and have their own volume control.
- Maximum Input Level: +22 dB
- Input Type: (1) Female 1/4" stereo, balanced/unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ each channel
- Output Type: (4) Female 1/4" stereo, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 47 Ω each channel
- Level Control: (4) Rotating potentiometers
- Current Draw: <220 mA maximum, +12 VDC
- LEDs: (1) Power on/off
- Dimensions: Width - 4.125", Height - 2.125", Depth - 4.0" w/ power cord
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.