In-ear monitoring headphones (single driver design)
From Mackie: MP Series - Getting the Best Sound & Fit
From Mackie: MP Series Professional In-Ear Monitors
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Mackie MP-120 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
In-ear headphones with a pro pedigree
Several of our crew-members here at Crutchfield moonlight as musicians — and many of them trust Mackie gear for their live shows. The company has made world-class mixers and other live-performance gear for decades, so they know what's important on-stage. The MP-120 headphones use a single dynamic driver to deliver natural, detailed sound for monitoring sound. They particularly excel in the mid range, where most music lives.
Built for live sound
- in-ear headphones designed for studio and stage monitoring
- single dynamic driver inside each earpiece
- tuned for accurate, well-balanced sound
- over-the-ear cord routing system keeps headphones secured to ear
- up to 40dB of ambient noise attenuation
- 59" detachable, braided cable terminated with 3.5mm miniplug
- MMCX connectors at headphones (compatible with Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter cable)
- includes 9 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit:
- 3 sizes of standard silicone tips
- 3 sizes of double-flange silicone tips (for a deeper fit)
- 3 sizes of soft foam tips
- hard plastic case with carabiner clip
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 102 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 1.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear monitors (black) with attached 59" cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of double-flange ear tips
- 3 Pairs of foam ear tips
- Hard molded case with carabiner clip
- Owner's Manual
- Hip Tips About Your Tips
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Single Dynamic Driver: The Mackie MP-series professional in-ear monitors are made for live, on-stage performances. The monitors feature molded low-profile enclosures for maximum comfort and bass response. The MP-120 is equipped with a single, high-performance dynamic driver that offers a good balance of bass, high-frequency detail, and clear vocals. The earphones come with three styles of ear tips in three different sizes, so you can choose what works and fits best in your ears. The MP-120s include a hard molded plastic case to hold your in-ear monitors and ear tips.
Cable: The MP-120 comes with a 59.1" shielded, braided cable that delivers extra durability and sonic performance. It features an over-ear design to keep them securely in your ears, and the cable behind your head and out of the way. The cable is removable and replaceable in case of damage. The cable attaches to the ear buds via a swiveling MMCX connector. The cable is terminated into a right-angled 3.5mm plug.
Accessory Plug: The MP-120 in-ear monitors are designed for use on stage, or for leisure. They include a 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter so you can use your headphones with your home audio components or professional sound consoles with a 1/4" headphone jack.
Ear Tips: The MP-120 comes with a wide variety of ear tips. The sound isolating tips block ambient noise (up to about 40dB), while ensuring a comfortable and customized fit. A good seal is required for optimal sound isolation and bass response, and maximum comfort for extended wear. The ear tips come in small, medium, and large sizes, in the following styles:
- Silicone: The silicone rubber ear tips are soft and flexible.
- Foam Ear Tips: The soft foam ear tips compress and expand to form a tight seal in your ear canal.
- Double-Flange Ear Tips: The Double-Flange tips are made of soft, silicone rubber with dual flanges of increasing diameter to fit the shape of your ear canal.
Carrying Case: The MP-120s come with a compact, molded, hard plastic carrying case that will protect your in-ear monitors when not in use. This clam-shell style case has a locking closure and a carabiner-style clip for attaching it to other items.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): 102 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 20mW
- Net Weight: 1.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Wired with plugs to plug into electronics and also securely attaches to ear [ David Jan 16, 2019 ]