Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
SpeakerCraft Vital 1250
12-channel multi-room power amplifier
Item #: 866VTL1250
This item is no longer available.
SpeakerCraft Vital 1250
Our take on the SpeakerCraft Vital 1250 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Install-friendly amplifier puts power where you need it
SpeakerCraft's Vital 1250 multi-channel amplifier offers versatile setup flexibility and plenty of clean, high-quality power when and where you need it, for top-notch sound. You can customize this powerful 12-channel amp to best suit your specific multi-room applications. Enjoy clear stereo sound in six rooms, or combine two channels into one to give your speakers more juice — a great option for power-hungry outdoor speakers. Use a single channel of power for mono sound in smaller listening areas, like a walk-in closet or bathroom.
More flexible options for enjoying music throughout your home
The Vital 1250 can distribute music from one audio source, such as a networked music streamer, to multiple rooms in your home. Or you can connect additional sources directly to the individual amplifier channels and assign each one to a single listening room. Each channel features its own separate level control so you can easily adjust the volume to fine-tune the sound of your system.
What's in the Box:
- 12-Channel amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- Owner's Manual
- 12-channel amplifier
- power output:
- 50 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms (two channels driven, remaining channels driven at 1/8 of rated power)
- 75 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms (two channels driven)
- each pair adjacent channels are bridgeable for 170 watts RMS x 6 into 8 Ohms (two channels driven)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.7 dB at 8 ohms, ±1.5 dB at 4 ohms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.40% (20-20,000 Hz, 8 ohms), 0.50% (at 1kHz, 4 ohms)
- individual gold-plated RCA audio inputs for all 12 channels
- stereo RCA main bus and auxiliary inputs for connecting audio sources
- stereo RCA main bus and auxiliary outputs for "daisy-chaining" additional amplifiers without the need for "Y" adapters or signal splitters
- source selection switch for each channel allows you to select between the common bus or auxiliary inputs, or the individual channel input
- individual selector switches allow three audio playback options for each channel: left, right, or left plus right (mono)
- independent level controls for all 12 channels
- three turn-on modes: audio signal sensing, voltage trigger, and manual
- 5-way binding post speaker connectors
- independent protection circuits for each channel
- detachable AC power cord
- rack mountable
- 17-1/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 17-5/16"D
- weight: 49 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||12|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||50|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||75|
|Bridged Power per Channel||170 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||8|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding posts|
Overview: The SpeakerCraft Vital 1250 amplifier delivers the power and fidelity needed to distribute music throughout your home. This amplifier includes the necessary features needed for flexible, reliable custom installation. Sophisticated design and superior internal components, result in outstanding sound quality, performance, and long term reliability.
50W x 12Ch Amp: The SpeakerCraft Vital 1250 amplifier is rated at 50 watts x 12 channels (in 8Ω at 20-20kHz with 2-channels driven and 0.40% THD), or 75 watts x 12 channels (in 4Ω at 1kHz with 2-channels driven and 0.50% THD).
Bridgeable: The power output of adjacent amplifier channels can be combined to provide extra power when needed in certain locations & applications. This is easily accomplished by flipping a single switch on the amplifier's rear-panel. Bridged power rating of the amplifier is 170 watts x 6 channels (in 8Ω at 1kHz with 2-channels driven and 0.50% THD)
Binding Posts: The SpeakerCraft Vital 1250 amplifier is fitted with gold-plated, binding posts for each channel. The binding-post terminals will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
Flexible Input Selection: Each of the amplifier channels can be assigned a variety of source inputs; a dedicated input can be assigned to each channel or each channel can be configured to play common signals from the Bus or Auxiliary inputs. This provides the flexibility needed in sophisticated custom audio installation.
- Bus Input: The Main bus input (stereo RCA) allows outputs from receivers, CD players, TVs or an stereo audio sources to be amplified across all channels of the amplifier for easy multi-room applications.
- Aux Input: The Auxiliary input (stereo RCA) allows an additional audio source to be played on any channels that are switched to AUX.
- Dedicated Channel Inputs: Individual channels inputs (mono RCA) allow you to connect different audio sources to each channel of the amplifier.
Note: When either a Bus or Aux input is selected, there is a switch on the rear-panel used to direct the channel to play the left signal, the right signal, or a combined right and left signal from that amplifier channel.
Bus & Aux Outputs: The Bus output (stereo RCA) allows the Bus input of the amplifier to be sent to another amplifier in your system. The Auxiliary output (stereo RCA) allows you to daisy-chain the amplifier's input to other amplifiers in your system.
Channel Level Adjustment: Each channel has its own level adjustment. This allows the loudness of each speaker to be perfectly matched to its location and application and balance your system's sound.
Protection Circuitry: Each channel of the amplifier is individually protected. If the advanced circuitry determines that a channel must be shut down for protection (a rare occurrence) only the channel affected will be turned off, while the other channels continue to play. Once conditions return to normal, the affected channel will be turned back on and operate as normal.
Note: When the Protection LEDs (Red) on front of the amplifier are lit, it is indicating either a fault in the wiring, the speaker, or the amplifiers of that particular channel.
Power Modes: There are three ways to turn the amplifier on; Constant, Trigger, or Audio Sense. This allows the amplifier to operate seamlessly as part of a sophisticated custom installation. The 3-way power mode switch is located on the amplifier's rear-panel.
- Constant: Select Constant mode when you wish to manually turn the amplifier on and off by using the front mounted power button.
- Trigger: Use Trigger mode if you prefer the amplifier turn on when it receives voltage (3-30V) from an external source and turn off once that voltage has stopped. The voltage source must be connected to the trigger input jack (3.5mm) on back of the amplifier.
- Audio Sense: Audio Sense mode turns on the amplifier when the amp's main input receives an audio signal. Once the signal stops, the amplifier waits 3 minutes and then turns itself off.
Trigger Output: A separate output trigger (2.5mm) allows the amplifier to activate other components via a 12-volt trigger.
Rack Mountable: The amplifier includes a set of rack ears for rack mounting applications.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.