Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD
Computerized catadioptric telescope with 280mm (11") aperture and GPS
Item # 87211009 | MFR # 11009
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HDby Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The EdgeHD optics in the Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 deliver stellar views when observing and photographing the skies.
Stunning night sky views made easy
Explore the cosmos from your own backyard. Fully computerized and motorized, this telescope makes high-level astronomy easy and comfortable. Aligning the telescope with SkyAlign technology is a fast, efficient process. Once you're dialed in, you can have the automated Sky Tour feature find the most interesting objects in your local sky and automatically slew to each one. If you have something more specific in mind, the included database is pre-loaded with the coordinates of more than 40,000 objects of interest. Just choose the one you want to see next, using the included computer hand control, and let the telescope's quiet motorized mount swing into action. You'll be enjoying deep knowledge of the stars — and deep views of space — in no time.
EdgeHD optics raise the viewing standard
Celestron developed their EdgeHD imaging system to provide a better viewing experience for amateur astronomers and photographers. EdgeHD offers clean, diffraction-limited images for high-power observation of planets and the Moon. The CPC Deluxe 1100 is capable of extraordinary wide-field viewing using the included 23mm eyepiece, and produces razor-sharp images for digital SLR cameras and astronomical CCD cameras. StarBright XLT mirror coatings ensure that the light gathered by the large lens gets to your eye. The optical design fully corrects for common imaging problems like coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat image that's in sharp focus from edge to edge. (Note: some astrophotography applications require an optional wedge mount, not included.)
Inside the telescope's computerized altazimuth mount is a 16-channel GPS system. The GPS draws information from orbiting satellites to determine the date, time and your present location — all crucial information for accurate pointing of the telescope. After your scope knows where it is, it also knows which astronomical wonders can be viewed from your present location, so the fun of exploring can begin. GPS paired with the powerful, silent motor drive take the guesswork out of pointing the CPC 1100.
- fully computerized Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- proprietary EdgeHD imaging platform designed for excellent visual observation and photography
- premium StarBright XLT mirror coatings for optimum transmission of light
- 23mm (82 degree) 2" Luminos eyepiece included
- aperture: 280mm
- maximum magnification with included eyepiece: 122X
- highest useful magnification: 661X
- light gathering power is 1600X that of the human eye
- 2800mm focal length
- 50mm finderscope to help accurately find objects in the sky
- heavy-duty stainless steel tripod included
- ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move fully assembled telescope
- weight: 66 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Computerized Dual Fork Arm Altazimuth Mount:
- NexStar technology for advanced control of your telescope via a home computer
- 40,000 object database with expanded information on over 200 objects
- custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- computer assisted All-Star polar alignment
- add Celestron's HD Pro Wedge to convert to an equatorial mount for celestial photography
- drive base offers quick-release clutch for easy disassembly
- drive mechanism features large gears calibrated for quiet operation
- SkyAlign technology allows for a fast and easy alignment process
- upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- auxiliary port for additional accessories
- automated Sky Tour feature finds the most interesting objects in the sky and automatically slews to each one
What's in the Box:
- CPC Deluxe 1100 HD telescope with attached dual fork arm base
- Heavy-duty tripod (with 2" diameter stainless steel legs)
- Center support bracket/accessory tray
- 23mm eyepiece (2" diameter)
- Star Diagonal (2" diameter)
- 2" to 1-1/4" Adapter
- 9x50mm Finderscope
- Quick-release Mounting bracket
- Rubber O-ring
- Hand Control with attached coiled cable
- Hand control holder
- Car battery adapter
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software w/RS-232 cable
- Instruction Manual
- Product Registration card
Overview: The CPC Deluxe 1100 HD by Celestron includes an 11" diameter telescope with high-quality Edge HD optics and an incredible focal length of 2800mm. It comes with a heavy duty tripod with 2" diameter stainless steel legs, and a fully computerized CPC dual fork arm Altazimuth mount with built-in GPS for easy alignment and finding celestial objects in the sky.
Edge HD Optical System: The Edge HD optical system is specifically designed for both visual observation and astrophotography. Many optical systems work well for visual observing to produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. When used with a camera's flat image sensor, stars appear out of focus at the edges. Edge HD optics produce a focal plane that is three times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope. This gives you visibly sharper stars across even some of the largest image sensors available.
Optics: The CPC Deluxe 1100 HD optical tube uses Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings, which provide maximized light transmission, contrast, and image sharpness.
Eyepiece: The telescope comes with a 23mm 82-degree Luminos eyepiece (122x magnification) with a 2" diameter. The CPC Deluxe HD uses 2"-diameter eyepieces, however, 1-1/4"-diameter eyepieces can be used with the supplied 1-1/4" adapter. The unit also comes with a 2" star diagonal (with a 1-1/4" adapter) which diverts the light at a 90° angle to the light path of the telescope. This allows you to observe in a more comfortable position than if you were to look straight through.
Finderscope: The telescope comes with a 9x50 finderscope which mounts to the outside of the telescope tube to help you locate and center objects in the main field of the telescope. The finderscope must first be aligned with the telescope before use. This is done in the daytime by pointing the telescope at an object at least a quarter mile away, centering the object in the eyepiece, and aligning the finderscope to the distant object.
CPC Altazimuth Mount/Hand Controller: The telescope's CPC Altazimuth mount features proven NexStar computer-control technology with a custom database of over 40,000 objects, including deep-sky objects, planets, and bright star clusters, all listed by name and catalog number. The built-in GPS technology automatically pinpoints your exact location, along with the current date and time, to make it easy to locate most any celestial object you desire. The plug-in 19-button NexStar hand controller, with its backlit, dual line, 16-character display screen, gives you fingertip control of the telescope. The hand controller has a jack for an RS232 cable which allows you to interface with a computer and control the telescope remotely. The built-in software is flash upgradeable so you can download product updates over the Internet. A plastic snap-on holder is included for the hand controller that attaches to one of the tripod legs.
SkyAlign: Before using, the telescope must first be aligned to known positions in the sky. The SkyAlign method of aligning the telescope uses the internal GPS receiver to acquire all of the necessary time/site information needed to create an accurate model of the sky. You can align the telescope by simply pointing it to any three bright celestial objects one-by-one. You can also perform Auto Two-star, Two-star, One-star, and Solar System manual alignments.
Sky Tour: The CPC Deluxe 1100 HD's Sky Tour feature allows you to choose from a list of interesting celestial objects based on the date and time in which you are observing. You can activate the Sky Tour by pressing the dedicated button on the hand controller, and the telescope will skew to its starting position. As the tour of objects continues, you can press buttons on the hand controller to provide text information and coordinates of the object you're viewing.
Power Requirements: The CPC Deluxe 1100 HD can be powered by the supplied car battery adapter, the optional PowerTank 12-volt power supply, or an optional 12-volt AC adapter.
Accessory Tray: The telescope comes with an accessory tray which provides a place to put extra eyepieces or other items while you're using the telescope.
- Optical Design: Edge HD
- Aperture: 280mm (11")
- Focal Length: 2800mm (110")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Eyepiece Focal Length: 23mm
- Eyepiece Magnification: 122x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 661x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Optical Tube Length: 24"
- Light Gathering Power: 1600x (compared to human eye)
- Weight: 66 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.