Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Celestron CPC 925 GPS (XLT)
Computerized catadioptric telescope with 235mm (9-1/4") aperture and GPS
Item #: 87211074
This item is no longer available.
Celestron CPC 925 GPS (XLT)
Our take on the Celestron CPC 925 GPS (XLT) by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Sophisticated and easy to use
With its large 9-1/4" primary mirror and impressive list of features, the Celestron CPC 925 was built to reveal the beauty of celestial objects in intricate detail. Fully computerized, motorized and equipped with GPS, this telescope makes high-level astronomy easy and comfortable. Aligning the telescope with GPS is a fast, efficient process. Once you're dialed in, you can have the automated Sky Tour feature find the most interesting objects in your local sky and automatically slew to each one. If you have something more specific in mind, the included database is pre-loaded with the coordinates of more than 40,000 objects of interest. Just choose the one you want to see next using the included hand control, and let the telescope's quiet motorized mount swing into action. You'll be enjoying deep knowledge of the stars in no time.
Inside the computerized altazimuth mount is a 16 channel GPS system. The GPS draws information from orbiting satellites to determine the date, time and your present location — all crucial information for accurate pointing of the telescope. After your scope knows where it is, it also knows which astronomical wonders can be viewed from your present location, so the fun of exploring can begin. GPS paired with the powerful, silent motor drive take the guesswork out of pointing the CPC 925.
The CPC 925 gives you a bright, clear view of the heavens. The telescope's 235mm aperture lets the starlight in, and StarBright XLT coating on the primary mirror makes sure that light reaches your eye, so you see stars, planets and deep-space objects in their full glory.
What's in the Box:
- CPC 925 telescope with attached dual fork arm base
- Heavy-duty tripod (with 2" diameter steel legs)
- Center support bracket/accessory tray
- 40mm eyepiece (1-1/4" diameter)
- Star Diagonal (1-1/4" diameter)
- 8x50mm Finderscope
- Quick-release Mounting bracket
- Rubber O-ring
- Hand Control with attached coiled cable
- Hand control holder
- Car battery adapter
- 1-1/4" Visual back
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software w/RS-232 cable
- Instruction Manual
- Product Registration card
- fully computerized Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- premium StarBright XLT coatings for optimum transmission of light
- integrated GPS automatically pinpoints your exact coordinates for precise location of visible astronomical objects
- aperture: 235mm
- 40mm eyepiece included (1-1/4" diameter)
- maximum magnification with included eyepiece: 59X
- highest useful magnification: 555X
- light gathering power 1127X that of the human eye
- 2350mm focal length
- 8x50mm finderscope helps you locate objects in the sky
- included heavy-duty tripod features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move fully assembled telescope
- weight: 58 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Computerized Dual Fork Arm Altazimuth Mount:
- NexStar technology for advanced control of your telescope via home computer
- 40,000 object database with expanded information on over 200 objects
- custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- add Celestron's HD Pro Wedge to convert to an equatorial mount for celestial photography
- drive base offers quick-release clutch for easy disassembly
- drive mechanism features large gears calibrated for quiet operation
- SkyAlign technology allows for a fast and easy alignment process
- upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- auxiliary port for additional accessories
- automated Sky Tour feature finds the most interesting objects in the sky and automatically slews to each one
Overview: The CPC 925 GPS (XLT) package by Celestron includes a 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with a heavy duty tripod with 2" diameter steel legs. The optical tube is mounted to a fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount with a NexStar hand remote control. The CPC 925 GPS features on-board GPS to help you properly align the telescope with the sky in your specific location.
Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical System: The CPC 925 GPS has a Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system, which uses a combination of lenses and mirrors to collect and focus light rays. The Schmidt-Cass system is also referred to a compound or catadioptric system. This unique design offers large-diameter optics, while maintaining very short tube lengths. Once light enters the optical system, they travel the length of the optical tube a total of three times.
Optics: The 22" optical tube uses Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings, which provide maximized light transmission, contrast, and image sharpness.
Eyepiece: The telescope comes with a 40mm eyepiece (59x magnification). The CPC 925 GPS uses 1-1/4" diameter eyepieces, and additional eyepieces, at different magnifications, are available. The unit also comes with a star diagonal which diverts the light at a 90° angle to the light path of the telescope. This allows you to observe in a more comfortable position than if you were to look straight through.
Finderscope: The telescope comes with an 8x50 finderscope which mounts to the outside of the telescope tube to help you locate and center objects in the main field of the telescope. The finderscope must first be aligned with the telescope before use. This is done in the daytime by pointing the telescope at an object at least a quarter mile away, centering the object in the eyepiece, and aligning the finderscope to the distant object.
Computerized Mount/Hand Controller: The CPC 925 GPS is controlled by Celestron's NexStar removable 19-button hand controller. It plugs into the telescope's fork arm via a coiled cord. The hand controller and computerized mount can automatically slew the telescope to over 40,000 celestial objects. The hand control has a backlit LCD window with a dual-line, 16-character display screen, direction keys, and catalog keys to help you search through the 40,000+ object database. The hand controller has a jack for an RS232 cable which allows you to interface with a computer and control the telescope remotely. The built-in software is flash upgradeable so you can download product updates over the Internet. A plastic snap-on holder is included for the hand controller that attaches to one of the tripod legs.
SkyAlign: Before using, the telescope must first be aligned to known positions in the sky. The SkyAlign method of aligning the telescope uses the internal GPS receiver to acquire all of the necessary time/site information needed to create an accurate model of the sky. You can align the telescope by simply pointing it to any three bright celestial objects one-by-one. You can also perform Auto Two-star, Two-star, One-star, and Solar System manual alignments.
Sky Tour: The CPC 925 GPS' Sky Tour feature allows you to choose from a list of interesting celestial objects based on the date and time in which you are observing. You can activate the Sky Tour by pressing the dedicated button on the hand controller, and the telescope will skew to its starting position. As the tour of objects continues, you can press buttons on the hand controller to provide text information and coordinates of the object you're viewing.
Power Requirements: The CPC 925 GPS can be powered by the supplied car battery adapter, the optional PowerTank 12-volt power supply, or an optional 12-volt AC adapter.
Accessory Tray: The telescope comes with an accessory tray which provides a place to put extra eyepieces or other items while you're using the telescope.
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 235mm (9.25")
- Focal Length: 2350mm (93")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Eyepiece Focal Length: 40mm
- Eyepiece Magnification: 59x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34x
- Optical Tube Length: 22"
- Light Gathering Power: 1127x (compared to human eye)
- Weight: 58 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.