Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Celestron Cavalry 8 x 42 Monocular
Waterproof 8X monocular with compass and ranging reticle
Item #: 87271215
This item is no longer available.
Celestron Cavalry 8 x 42 Monocular
Our take on the Celestron Cavalry 8 x 42 Monocular by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A portable, pocket-friendly design
Along with providing a crisp, close-up view of your surroundings, Celestron's Cavalry 8 x 42 monocular will keep you on track. A built-in magnetic compass with an in-eyepiece display shows your subject's direction relative to your position. Plus, an integrated range-finding reticle lets you estimate the distance and size of objects within your field of view. The monocular's compact design makes it easy to take along wherever you go.
The Cavalry's high-grade BaK-4 prisms and fully multi-coated optics offer superb light transmission for outstanding low-light performance. Its long eye relief and folding rubber eyecups provide added viewing comfort, whether or not you wear eyeglasses. The monocular's wide field of view makes it easier to acquire your subjects quickly, and follow them when they move. A waterproof and fogproof design, along with a rubber-armored, non-slip housing make them ideal for boating, hunting, and other outdoor activities. Plus, Celestron includes a neck strap and carrying case for greater portability and protection.
What's in the Box:
- Cavalry 8x42 monocular
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- Objective lens cap (installed)
- Neck strap (installed)
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Soft padded case
- 8X monocular with fully multi-coated optics for brighter images with increased resolution and detail
- nitrogen-purged waterproof and fogproof design for use in all weather conditions
- integrated analog compass for precise directional reading
- integrated ranging reticle for calculating distance and size of objects
- BaK-4 prism glass provides increased contrast and resolution for sharper, more detailed images
- compact, lightweight design for excellent portability
- wide field of view for easy spotting and tracking of moving subjects
- durable rubber armor exterior in olive drab color offers non-slip grip and greater concealment in the field
- extended eye relief and foldable rubber eye cup for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- magnification: 8X
- objective lens diameter: 42mm
- field of view at 1000 yards: 367 feet
- apparent field-of-view: 7 degrees
- close focus distance: 42.6 feet
- exit pupil: 5.25mm
- eye relief: 18mm
- 2-7/16"W x 5-1/2"H x 2-7/8"D
- weight: 12.1 ounces
- warranty: lifetime of original owner
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- soft padded case
- neck strap
- lens caps
- lens cloth
Overview: The Cavalry Series 8x42 monocular by Celestron is a lightweight, fully waterproof monocular with fully multi-coated optics, designed for hunters, boaters, law enforcement, and military personnel. The 8x42 model features an olive drab-colored rubber-armored coating for a sure grip, and comes with a neck strap, eyepiece cover, flip-down objective lens cap, and a soft, padded carrying case.
Reticle/Compass: The 8x42 monocular includes an integrated 6400 mil compass and reticle. The compass helps you determine the directions of objects in relation to you, while the reticle helps you determine the size of objects, and their distance away from you.
Waterproof: The Cavalry Series monocular is waterproof, fogproof, and nitrogen purged, allowing you to use it in humid or wet conditions without worry.
BaK-4 Prism: The 8x42 monocular includes a high quality BaK-4 prism and fully multi-coated optics for great image detail, and brighter images, even in low light.
Focus Ring: The Cavalry Series monocular has a focus ring around the eyepiece for bringing your subject into focus.
- Model: Cavalry Series 8x42
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Magnification: 8x
- Close Focusing Distance: 42.6'
- Linear Field of View (@ 1000 yards): 367 feet
- Angular Field of View: 7°
- Exit Pupil: 5.25mm
- Eye Relief: 18mm
- Prism Glass: Bak-4
- Weight: 12.1 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.