Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit
Accessory kit for telescopes with 1.25" barrel
Item # 87294303 | MFR # 94303
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Celestron's Eyepiece and Filter Kit provides 14 useful astronomy accessories in one rugged, metal case. Five Plossl eyepieces give you plenty of choices for magnification, especially when you figure in the included 2X Barlow lens, which can double the magnification of any eyepiece in the set. The Moon Filter cuts glare from reflected sunlight, so you can see details on Earth's moon or Venus. Six colored filters are included, and can be used to bring out certain details on a planet's surface or its cloud structure.
What's in the Box:
- 32mm Plossl eyepiece with front and rear caps
- 17mm Plossl eyepiece with front and rear caps
- 13mm Plossl eyepiece with front and rear caps
- 8mm Plossl eyepiece with front and rear caps
- 6mm Plossl eyepiece with front and rear caps
- 2x Barlow lens with front insert and rear cap
- #80A Blue filter in plastic case
- #58A Green filter in plastic case
- #56 Light Green filter in plastic case
- #25 Red filter in plastic case
- #21 Orange filter in plastic case
- #12 Yellow filter in plastic case
- Moon filter in plastic case
- Foam-padded metal case with 2 lockable latches
- 2 Keys for locking latches
- Filter Guide
- 14-piece accessory kit for telescope with 1.25" barrel
- Plossl Eyepieces:
- 6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm and 32mm eyepieces
- each eyepiece features a four-element design with a 52° apparent field of view
- fully multi-coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics
- versatile 2X Barlow lens doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece
- kit includes #80A Blue, #58A Green, #56 Light Green, #25 Red, #21 Orange, #12 Yellow and Moon Filter
- colored filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet's surface or its cloud structure
- Moon Filter blocks glare from reflected sunlight for more detailed views of Earth's moon and Venus
- sturdy metal carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion accessories
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Celestron 1.25" Eyepiece and Filter Kit is a collection of high quality optics for most 1.25" format telescopes. These eyepieces and filters let you expand the enjoyment and functionality of your telescope. A Filter Guide is included to help you learn specifically what each filter can enhance. The 13 items are stored in a foam padded metal case with locking latches (2 keys are included).
Plossl Eyepieces: The five high-quality Plossl eyepieces can be used with any telescope with a 1.25" focuser. The eyepieces each have 4 elements and fully multi-coated optics for improved light transmission. Each eyepiece provides a 52° apparent field of view. The kit includes the following sizes:
- Low Power: 32mm
- Medium Power: 13mm and 17mm
- High Power: 6mm and 8mm
2x Barlow Lens: The 2x Barlow lens doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece. When used with the included Plossl lenses, you get five additional magnification options: 3mm, 4mm, 6.5mm, 8.5mm, and 16mm.
Filters: The Eyepiece and Filter Kit includes seven colored filters to help bring out specific details in the celestial bodies you view. The filters are threaded, and can simply screw onto any 1.25" threaded eyepiece. Each filter is stored in a clear plastic case. The kit includes the following filters:
- #80A Blue filter (30% Light Transmission): Enhances lunar detail and the boundaries between the reddish belts and adjacent bright zones on Jupiter. It can also improve the view of Mars, Mercury, Saturn, and Venus, and can bring out the best definition of comet tails.
- #58A Green filter (24% Light Transmission): Enhances visibility of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, and the Mars polar ice caps. Also good for viewing brighter comets, and cloud patterns on Venus.
- #56 Light Green filter (53% Light Transmission): Enhances lunar features, as well as the Martian polar caps and Jupiter's Great Red Spot. Can reduce the brightness of blue sky during daylight observing.
- #25 Red filter (14% Light Transmission): Useful for studying Jupiter's blue clouds, and features on the surface of Mars. Can improve observation of Mercury at twilight when the planet is near the horizon.
- #21 Orange filter (46% Light Transmission): Greatly enhances lunar features, and the Jovian belts of Jupiter. It can improve the structure of Saturn's bands.
- #12 Yellow filter (74% Light Transmission): Penetrates and darken atmospheric currents containing low-hue blue tones on Jupiter and Saturn. On Venus, this filter can reveal low-contrast surface features.
- ND 0.9 Moon filter (13% Light Transmission): The Moon filter reduces the brightness of the moon and improves contrast to reveal greater detail on the lunar surface. Because the filter dims light evenly across the visible spectrum, the moon will retain its true color.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.