Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Think Tank Photo Speed Racer v2.0
Carrying case for DSLR and lenses
Item # 8743000409 | MFR # 409
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Think Tank Photo Speed Racer v2.0 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Speed Racer is a versatile and ergonomic camera bag that keeps photo gear readily accessible. It is designed to hold a professional DSLR camera body and 2-3 standard lenses.
What's in the Box:
- Speed Racer V2.0 convertible shoulder bag
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Choice of Working Professionals catalog
- Product Registration card
- can hold professional DSLR body plus 2-3 zoom or prime lenses
- easily converts from streamlined shoulder bag to functional beltpack
- integrated waist belt "disappears" by tucking into zippered size pockets
- constructed of durable water-resistant fabric
- interior dimensions: 11-13/16"W x 10"H x 7"D
- exterior dimensions: 13"W x 11-1/2"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 3.1 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Speed Racer V2.0 is the largest bag of the Speed Convertible series of hybrid shoulder bags/beltpacks. As a shoulder bag, the Speed Racer V2.0 keeps your camera and accessories readily accessible with its flip-top design that opens away from your body. It can be quickly converted to a beltpack by pulling out the integrated waist belt, which is stored in two zippered pockets on either side. When worn around the waist, the bag is more stable, especially when used together with the shoulder strap. You can attach Think Tank Modular, Skin, or Multimedia pouches to the waist belt to increase capacity.
Dimensions: The Speed Racer V2.0 is sized to fit a pro DSLR, such as the Canon 1DX or Nikon D4s, plus 2-3 zoom lenses. It has enough internal vertical space to accommodate a detached 70-200mm lens. The dimensions of the bag are:
|2.3 to 3.1 pounds|
Materials: The Speed Racer V2.0 is made of velocity nylon and Derrington mesh, and a ballistic nylon bottom panel. It also has YKK RC Fuse zippers, nickel-plated metal hardware, and a high density closed cell foam shoulder strap. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features a silver-toned nylon and polyurethane-backed velex liner, along with removable closed cell foam inserts.
Features: The Speed Racer V2.0 has the following features:
- The main compartment opens wide and the lid folds away from the body for easy access. A zipper across the top of the bag gives you quick access to small lenses or accessories without opening the main zipper. A mesh pocket underneath the lid provides space for pens, or small tools.
- A variety of flaps and padded foam inserts allow you to customize the main compartment as you desire. You can carry your camera body with or without the lens attached. Additional compartments let you store multiple lenses or flash.
- The front panel features two zippered pockets: a flat pocket for lens caps or filters, plus a front organizer pocket for memory cards, batteries, or a cell phone.
- The integrated waist belt tucks away into two zippered side pockets to allow you to wear the bag across your shoulder.
- The modular rail on each side of the belt allows you to attach Modular Rotation System components for increased gear capacity.
- Using the shoulder strap with the waist belt distributes the weight better for better balance and stability.
- Stretchable side pockets with reinforced bases provide room for miscellaneous items.
- The padded handle is provided to allow you to grab the bag and go.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed taffeta rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough. When not in use, the rain cover stores in the front pocket.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.