Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Think Tank Photo Airport Essentials
Carrying case for DSLR and accessories
Item # 8743000483 | MFR # 483
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Think Tank Photo Airport Essentials by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Airport Essentials bag can be configured to hold your most important photo gear.
The name says it all. The Airport Essentials camera bag will make your next trip a breeze. It's designed to accommodate a DSLR camera body and multiple lenses in a carry-on sized case. Bring along a tablet or laptop as well; there's an efficient, padded pocket for your mobile computing devices as well. Keep all of your crucial gear close to hand, safe and secure, whether you're in the airport, on the plane, or shooting in a bustling city. It can be worn like a backpack, and lockable zippers add a layer of security.
What's in the Box:
- Airport Essentials Camera backpack
- 2 Tripod straps
- 20" Security cable with combination lock
- Rain cover
- Think Tank Photo catalog
- Product Registration card
- carrying case for DSLR camera body, lenses and accessories
- sized to fit domestic and international carry-on requirements
- additional storage space for laptop and tablet devices
- external tripod mount
- locking RC Fuse zipper sliders for added security
- made of durable, water-resistant fabric
- seam sealed rain cover included for extra protection from heavy weather
- internal dividers can be configured to accommodate your specific space requirements
- included lock and cable can be used to secure zipper sliders or chain backpack to a solid object
- exterior dimensions: 11-1/2"W x 18"H x 7"D
- interior dimensions: 11"W x 16-5/16"H x 5"D
- laptop pocket: 9-13/16"W x 15"H x 1-1/8"D
- weight: 3.6 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Airport Essentials is a high-capacity camera backpack. It meets domestic and international carry-on size requirements. It can carry a DSLR camera body with a 300mm telephoto lens attached, plus 4-6 standard zoom lenses, and an iPad or 15" laptop.
Note: You should check with your air carrier to confirm current size restrictions.
Dimensions: The Airport Essentials camera backpack features multiple customizable compartments so you can configure the interior space to suit your needs. You can carry one DSLR body with a long telephoto lens, or two DSLR bodies and 4-6 standard zooms, plus an iPad or 13" to 15" laptop. The dimensions of the backpack are:
|2.9 to 3.6 pounds|
Materials: The Airport Essentials is made of polyester and velocity nylon, with a ballistic nylon bottom panel. It includes lockable YKK RC Fuse zippers and antique nickel-plated hardware. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon and a polyurethane-backed Velex liner, and high density closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Airport Essentials backpack has the following features:
- The included security cable and combination lock allow you to lock the backpack to immovable objects, in case you have to leave your gear in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other unsecured area.
- The removable waist belt adds stability and functionality.
- The contoured adjustable harness features lumbar support and Air Mesh paneling to keep your back cool while wearing.
- Handles are provided on three sides for easy retrieval from an overhead compartment or car trunk.
- The inside flap has see-through mesh pockets for small accessories.
- With the included tripod straps, you can attach a tripod or monopod to one of the sides.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.