Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Think Tank Photo Airport Accelerator
Backpack for carrying camera and accessories
Item # 8743000489 | MFR # 489
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Think Tank Photo Airport Accelerator by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Removable dividers help you pack securely, with plenty of room for all of your essential photography equipment.
You can take it with you
If you're going on a long trip, or just know that you'll need most of your gear for a particular location shoot, the Think Tank Photo Airport Accelerator is your best travel buddy. There's enough space inside for two pro DSLR camera bodies and just about any arrangement of removable lenses and accessories you can imagine. Bring along a tablet or laptop as well; there's an efficient, padded pocket for your mobile computing devices. Keep all of your crucial gear nearby, safe and secure, whether you're in the airport, on the plane, or shooting in a bustling city. It can be worn like a backpack, and lockable zippers add a layer of security. Removable dividers let you arrange your gear as you see fit, and provide additional padding for a long flight.
- carrying case for two DSLR camera bodies, multiple lenses and accessories
- sized to fit domestic and international carry-on requirements
- additional storage space for laptop and tablet devices
- external tripod storage
- locking zipper sliders for added security
- made of durable, water-resistant fabric
- seam sealed rain cover included for extra protection from heavy weather
- internal dividers can be configured to accommodate your specific space requirements
- included lock and cable can be used to secure zipper sliders or chain backpack to a solid object
- exterior dimensions: 14"W x 20-1/2"H x 9"D
- interior dimensions: 13"W x 18-13/16"H x 6-13/16"D
- laptop pocket: 11-13/16"W x 17-5/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 5.5 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Airport Accelerator Camera backpack
- 2 Tripod straps
- 20" Security cable with combination lock
- Rain cover
- Think Tank Photo catalog
- Product Registration card
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Airport Accelerator is a handsome camera backpack with huge capacity. It meets domestic and international carry-on size requirements. It can carry a DSLR camera body with a 500mm F4 telephoto lens attached (or a 600mm F4 unattached), or two pro-sized DSLR bodies plus 6-8 standard zoom lenses. In a separate padded pocket, there's room for an iPad and a 17" laptop.
Note: You should check with your air carrier to confirm current carry-on size restrictions.
Dimensions: The Airport Accelerator camera backpack features multiple customizable compartments so you can configure the interior space to suit your needs. The dimensions of the backpack are:
|Width: 14" |
|Width: 13" |
|4.1 to 5.5 pounds|
Materials: The Airport Accelerator is made of polyester and velocity nylon, with a ballistic nylon bottom panel. It includes lockable YKK RC Fuse zippers and antique nickel-plated hardware. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon and a polyurethane-backed Velex liner, and high density closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Airport Accelerator backpack has the following features:
- The top pocket holds boarding passes and your passport for easy access.
- The included security cable and combination lock allow you to lock the backpack to immovable objects, in case you have to leave your gear in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other unsecured area.
- The removable waist belt adds stability and functionality. For added versatility, the backpack can be used with Think Tank Pro Speed belts.
- The contoured adjustable harness features lumbar support and Air Mesh paneling to keep your back cool while wearing. The sternum strap is height adjustable for maximum comfort.
- Handles are provided on three sides for easy retrieval from an overhead compartment or car trunk.
- The inside flap has see-through mesh pockets for small accessories.
- With the included tripod straps, you can attach a tripod or monopod to one of the sides.
- Side stretch pockets can accommodate a water bottle and other items.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.