Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Think Tank Photo Airport Security v2.0
Rolling case for DSLRs, video cameras and accessories
Item # 8743000571 | MFR # 571
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Think Tank Photo Airport Security v2.0 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
No lens left behind
If your photography takes you far and wide, the Think Tank Photo Airport Security rolling camera case is a sound investment. It's a tough rolling case that fits in most overhead compartments. Inside, there's room for up to three camera bodies along with multiple lenses and other accessories. Outside, it's all locked up tight and secure, with TSA-approved locking zippers and an included cable and lock so you can strap the entire bag to a post for added security. In brief: your camera kit isn't going anywhere unless you want it to.
What's in the Box:
- Airport Security V2.0 rolling camera bag
- Tripod cup
- 3 Tripod/monopod straps
- Rain cover
- Setting Your Personal Combination card
- Choice of Working Professionals catalog
- Product Registration card
- large rolling travel case with TSA-approved locking zippers to keep your camera gear safe
- reinforced dividers and a semi-hard shell provide maximum protection
- holds a standard professional kit: 2 or more pro bodies, 4-6 lenses, 2 or more flashes and additional accessories
- retractable handle locks in the fully open position
- front lock and cable secures a laptop, keys or other items
- rear lock and cable secures the bag to a fixed object
- made of durable water-resistant fabric
- tripod cup and accessory straps are included for carrying a tripod or monopod
- interior dimensions: 13"W x 21"H x 8"D
- exterior dimensions: 14"W x 22"H x 9"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Airport Security V2.0 is Think Tank Photo's largest rolling camera bag that meets domestic carry-on requirements for flights between major hubs. It can carry 2-3 gripped DSLR camera bodies, plus multiple professional lenses and accessories. It will also hold up to a 500mm F4 lens attached, or a 600mm F4 lens unattached. A TSA-approved combination zipper lock protects your gear inside the main compartment. A heavy-duty rear security cable and combination lock protects your gear from theft, while the front cable and lock secures your laptop and other items. You can also slide a 15" or 17" laptop, inside an optional Artificial Intelligence 15 or 17 case, into the front stretch pocket. The Airport Security V2.0 features in-line skate-style wheels and a retractable handle.
Note: You should always check with your air carrier to confirm current carry-on size restrictions.
Dimensions: The Airport Security V2.0 rolling camera bag meets USA domestic airline carry-on size requirements, and can easily fit into overhead compartments, either straight or horizontally. On smaller commuter or regional aircraft, 14" x 22" x 9" still meets the carry-on requirement, but may have to be checked at the gate due to limited storage space inside the aircraft. The bag features multiple customizable compartments so you can configure the interior space to suit your needs. The dimensions of the bag are:
|12 to 14 pounds|
Materials: The Airport Security V2.0 is made of ballistic nylon with extra-tall skid plates, and replaceable in-line skate wheels. It includes lockable YKK RC Fuse zippers and antique nickel-plated metal hardware. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon and a polyurethane-backed Velex liner, and high density closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Airport Security V2.0 rolling camera bag has the following features:
- The semi-hard shell and reinforced dividers give the bag added strength for maximum protection.
- The front security cable and combination lock allows you to lock a laptop case to the front of the roller bag. The rear security cable and combination lock let you secure the bag to an immovable object for those times when you need to leave your gear in a media room, hotel room, or other open area. (The rear cable is tucked behind a panel inside the zippered compartment on the back.)
- You can carry a tripod or monopod to one side of the bag using the supplied tripod straps. For larger tripods, the supplied tripod cup should be used with the straps.
- The unique security ID plate can help you retrieve a lost or stolen bag. Before using, you should register the bag's unique serial number with Think Tank Photo.
- A zippered pocket under the top handle can hold your passport and boarding passes for quick access. There's also a clear pocket on the lid for a small stack of business cards and for quick identification.
- An organizer zippered pocket on the front has multiple compartments for small items such as pens, note pads, memory cards, or batteries.
- The front stretch pocket can hold newspapers or magazines or other paperwork. An external stretch side pocket can hold a water bottle or other accessories.
- The user-replaceable in-line skate wheels are placed on the outer edges of the bag for extra stability while rolling.
- A set of emergency shoulder straps are built into the rear panel (hidden behind the zippered compartment), for those times when you can't roll the bag, such as on gravel or on stairs. It is not designed to be used regularly as a backpack.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.