Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5
Shoulder bag for DSLRs and compact system cameras (Pinestone)
Item # 8743000746 | MFR # 746
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 offers stylish looks plus plenty of useful space inside for the serious camera gear you'll need. There's room for a DSLR camera body with a medium-size lens attached, plus up to two additional lenses or other accessories. Several internal pockets provide space to stash smaller accessories, maps or keys. The exterior fabric is treated with a water-resistant coating, but an included seam-sealed rain cover removes all worry, even in a downpour.
What's in the Box:
- Retrospective 5 camera shoulder bag
- Think Tank catalog
- Product Registration card
- casual, stylish shoulder bag for DSLR and compact system cameras
- room inside for a DSLR camera body and up to three lenses (4-6 micro four-thirds lenses)
- minimalist outer appearance conceals expensive photo equipment
- hook-and-loop closures on front flap with "sound silencer" cover panels to prevent loud tearing sound while opening the bag
- exterior fabric features durable water-resistant coating
- seam-sealed rain cover protects your gear even in a downpour
- interior dimensions: 9-1/2"W x 7-13/16"H x 4-1/2"D
- exterior dimensions: 10"W x 8-1/2"H x 6"D
- weight: 2.3 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 is a soft-sided shoulder bag for a standard-sized DSLR or Micro Four-Thirds system. The Retrospective series is designed to not look like a camera bag, with a simple Pinestone-colored exterior that lets you blend into your surroundings. It has a large main flap with large hook-and-loop fasteners to secure the bag's contents. The wide, fully-adjustable canvas strap features a movable non-slip pad that you can position where it's needed.
Dimensions: The Retrospective 5 is sized to fit standard-sized DSLRs such as the Canon 5D, or Nikon D610 or D7100 with prime or small zoom lenses attached, plus an additional lens. It can also be used for Micro Four-Thirds systems, such as the Olympus OM-D E-M5 with several lenses. The dimensions of the bag are:
Materials: The Retrospective 5 is made of sand-washed 100% cotton canvas, with nickel-plated metal hardware and sturdy YKK RC Fuse zippers. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon, along with a polyurethane-backed Velex liner and closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Retrospective 5 has the following features:
- The exterior is very simple with a large main flap and hook-and-loop closures.
- For silent operation, the main flap includes "Sound Silencers", which cover the hook-and-loop closures to eliminate the loud "ripping" sound when opening the bag.
- Under the main flap, a clear business card pocket is included for identification and storage of spare cards.
- Two collapsible nylon pockets are included on each side of the main compartment. These pockets are tall enough to accommodate most flash units or other accessories.
- Three movable dividers (2 attached, 1 unattached) let you customize the main compartment as you desire.
- The front pocket is expandable, and can be used to carry a regular size DSLR body.
- A large flat pocket on the back of the bag can be used to carry maps, owner's manuals, or other documentation.
- The adjustable carrying handle lets you grab the bag and go. The handle is removable if desired.
- Webbing loops on both sides can be used to attach small modular pouches or used with a carabiner to clip on accessories.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough. It is stored in the outer side pocket.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.