WyreStorm HDBaseT™ EX-70-G2
HDMI-over-Ethernet audio/video signal extender for HD and Ultra HD content
Our take on the WyreStorm HDBaseT™ EX-70-G2 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Send 4K video to another room without a long HDMI cable
The WyreStorm HDBaseT EX-70-G2 is a great choice for sending an HD or Ultra HD signal across a long distance. This package includes a transmitter and a receiver unit, which together send audio and video from one point to another through CAT-6 Ethernet cable. These units are ideal for connecting an A/V receiver to an overhead projector or wall-mounted TV without using an ultra-long HDMI cable.
Personalized system-building advice
We carry a full selection of audio/video distribution products for residential and commercial installations. And we're happy to help you choose the right gear. For expert advice and a free system proposal, submit a design request using the form below. We'll make sure you have everything you need to get your new system up and running smoothly.
Get a free system design
- audio/video signal extender system
- send audio and HD video over long distances through CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- includes an HDMI-to-Ethernet transmitter and a Ethernet-to-HDMI receiver
- supports 1080p HD and 4K Ultra HD video transmission up to 35 meters/114 ft.
- additional distances supported with use of CAT-6e or CAT-7 cable
- supports HDMI version 1.4
- supports multi-channel audio formats, including Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- supports stereo PCM audio signals
- bi-directional IR pass-through for relaying remote control commands
- LED indicators for power, signal status, and signal
- 18-volt DC power supply included
- two pairs of mounting brackets included (one pair for each unit)
- 4-5/16"W x 5/8"H x 2-1/2"D (dimensions are identical for the receiver and transmitter units)
- weight: .79 lbs. each
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4K HDBaseT Extender
- 4K HDBaseT Transmitter
- AC power supply (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- IR emitter
- IR receiver
- 4 Mounting brackets
- 4 Screws
- Two-sided tape
- Quickstart Guide
HDBaseT Extender: For extension of 4K UltraHD and HDR transmissions over medium distances in residential or commercial applications, the EX-70-G2 features the Class B HDBaseT platform to distribute 4K UHD, HD multichannel audio, CEC & IR control, and two-way PoH to remotely power either transmitter or receiver up to 115' (or 1080p up to 197') - all along a single Cat6 cable.
UHD 4K Compatible: The WyreStorm EX-70-G2 supports UltraHD 4K and is HDCP 2.2 compliant (also supports 1080p).
- Video Resolution via Ethernet: 1920x1080p @60Hz 12-bit (197) or 16-bit (197'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 8-bit (115'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 8-bit 4:2:0 (115')
- Video Resolution via HDMI: 1920x1080p @60Hz 12-bit (50') or 16-bit (23'), 3840x2160p @30Hz 4:4:4 8-bit (23') or @24Hz 4:20: HDR 10-bit (9.8'), 4096x2160p @60Hz 8-bit 4:2:0 (23') or @60Hz 8-bit 4:4:4 (23').
2CH PCM & Multichannel Audio Support: In terms of audio, the EX-70-G2 supports 2ch PCM audio and multi-channel audio up to 7.1ch (including DTS-X and Dolby Atmos).
PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT): PoH (Power-over-HDBaseT) enables power to be passed along the cable along with transmissions from a POH-enabled transmission device to power receivers at display zones without the need for local mains power for greater flexibility and convenience during installation, as well as improved energy efficiency compared to a permanent mains connection.
Note: The EX-70-G2 can supply power from the transmitter to the receiver using PoH on the same category cable that transmits audio and video. The included power must be connected to the transmitter in order to power the receiver. Should distance of the category cable or other factors prevent PoH from being used, connect an 18V DC 1A power supply to both devices. Additional power supplies may be purchased from WyreStorm.
CEC & IR Control: CEC support allows communication between devices for one-touch on/off commands and bidirectional IR enables both source and display to be controlled from either end, with connection to third party IR/control products possible by simply connecting a WyreStorm IR link cable.
Mounting Options: The EX-70-G2 offers a compact design that allows for easy placement behind a TV or display (mounting brackets included).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.