Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
4-room remote controllable speaker selector
Item #: 881DLA4
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Aton DLA4 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A speaker selector with install-friendly options
The innovative Aton DLA4 speaker selector lets you put together a four-room audio system in your home with independent volume control for each room. Aton's DLA (Dynamic Level Adjustment) technology actively monitors your system to ensure maximum available power to each room while protecting the switcher and your receiver or amp. Optional accessories from Aton accommodate more advanced multi-room audio installations.
Add powerful RF remote operation or IR component control
Using Aton's DLA4RKT RF Remote & Receiver Kit (available separately), you can adjust audio in each room, mute one or up to all four pairs of speakers, plus more, from up to 200 feet away, anywhere inside or outside your house. With RF (radio frequency) remote capability, it's easy to crank up the music on the patio and turn down the volume in the other rooms to conversational level without having to run back to the speaker selector box to adjust the controls. You can also use optional Aton IR (infrared) receivers and emitters to enable remote control of your audio source components from different listening rooms in your system.
Custom-tailored advice for the perfect setup
Do you have questions about using this speaker selector in a multi-room setup? Our Audio/Video Designers can help you put together the ideal system — from planning the wire run to picking out speakers.
- connect up to 4 additional pairs of speakers to your home theater/stereo receiver or amplifier
- advanced installation options (sold separately):
- optional DLA4RKT RF kit allows independent remote volume control for each connected speaker pair from inside or outside your home (up to 200 feet away)
- compatible with optional Aton IR receivers and emitters for remote operation of system source components such as CD players or radio tuners
- compatible with optional Aton in-wall touch pads for remote volume control
- front-panel controls with LED volume and system status indicators
- DLA (Dynamic Level Adjustment) technology delivers maximum available volume levels to each room while protecting your amplifier from damage
- programmable "Scene" command for one-touch recall of your favorite system settings
- one-touch "All On" and "All Off" command turns audio on or off in all zones
- power handling: 125 watts RMS per channel
- AC adapter included
- slimline IR remote included
- includes room identification labels
- accepts up to 16-gauge speaker wire
- 17"W x 2-3/8"H x 8-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee