Audeze LCD-X Music Creator Package
Reference-level planar magnetic headphones (without case)
Our take on the Audeze LCD-X Music Creator Package by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
A special deal on a studio favorite
Audeze told me that their headphones have become a go-to tool for some really famous recording studios. In particular, the company has noticed that their renowned LCD-X planar magnetic headphones are often used during the mixing and mastering process. So they decided to offer this no-frills Music Creator package. You get the same stellar headphones, cables, and accessories — minus the heavy-duty travel case.
The massive, open-air drivers offer rich detail within a massive soundstage.
Large, efficient over-ears with accurate, consistent sound
Music industry pros love Audeze's precise impulse control, dynamics, and huge three-dimensional soundstage. And the LCD-X's streamlined diaphragms and voice coils make them efficient enough to work with a pro audio interface. For recreational listening, you can drive them with a portable music player or smaller headphone amp.
How planar magnetic drivers work
Audeze uses planar magnetic drivers to create their signature wide-open soundstage. Unlike the dynamic drivers found in most headphones, planar magnetic drivers rely on a really thin diaphragm with a large surface area to generate sound.
A flexible circuit is etched across the entire surface of the diaphragm, which is suspended within a magnetic field. When the circuit receives an audio signal, it causes the diaphragm to move back and forth — moving air and creating sound.
- planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm, detailed sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- more efficient than typical planar magnetic headphones, so a high-powered headphone amp is not required
- open-back design offers spacious sound
- polished anodized aluminum earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads
- includes two tangle-free cables with copper conductors and balanced 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup
- 98-inch cable with a balanced 4-pin XLR connector
- 98-inch cable with a 1/4" plug
- 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter for mobile devices
- frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz; usable high-frequency extension to 50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms
- weight: 21.2 oz.
- warranty: 3 years (planar drivers), 1 year (earpads, enclosure, headband, and cable)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- LCD-X over-the-ear headphones with black lambskin leather ear pads and headband
- 8' Flat audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and 1/4" plug on the other end)
- 8' Audio cable (dual 4-pin mini-XLR plugs on one end and a 4-pin XLR plug on other end)
- 9" 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter
- User Manual
- Warranty Documentation
- Certificate of Authenticity
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.414" x 4.414"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||98", 98"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Yr (3 Yrs drivers)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Yr (3 Yrs drivers)|
Overview: The very efficient Audeze LCD-X over-ear headphones feature high-performance planar magnetic drivers that provide a spacious, musical sound with powerful bass and detailed midrange and high frequencies. The LCD-X features rugged black aluminum enclosures, and soft black leather lambskin headband and ear pads. The headphones include two detachable 8' cables: one with a straight 1/4" plug, and a balanced cable with a 4-pin XLR plug. Each cable attaches to the headphones by dual 4-pin mini-XLRs. A 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter is also included. The LCD-X headphones are handcrafted in the USA.
Note: This LCD-X Creator Package does not include the travel case that normally comes with the Audeze LCD-X headphones.
Design: The LCD-X's open-back design lets you stay in touch with your surroundings. The ultra-thin planar magnetic drivers have high-grade neodymium magnets with a proprietary push-pull design that improves sensitivity. The headphones are sensitive enough to be driven directly by smartphones or tablets. For best performance, a high-quality external headphone amplifier is highly recommended. Audeze's patent-pending Fazor elements, placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule, guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets, improving clarity and focus.
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 20kHz (with extension to 50kHz)
- Transducer Size: 106mm
- Impedance: 20 ohms
- Efficiency: 103dB /1mW
- Maximum Power Handling: 15W (for 200 ms)
- Optimal Power Requirement: 1-4W
- Sound Pressure Level: >130dB with 15W
- THD: <1% through entire frequency range
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Audeze LCD-X Music Creator Package
Reference-level planar magnetic headphones (without case)$1,299.99
PSB M4U 1
Bose® QuietComfort® 35 wireless headphones II
Sennheiser HD 820
Closed-back audiophile headphones$2,399.99