Monitor Audio C265
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead effects channel in a home theater system
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" C-CAM woofer for smooth midrange and tight bass response
- boundary compensation switch adjusts low-frequency output when the speaker is placed near a corner
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 20-75 watts
- frequency response: 60-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- cutout diameter: 8-1/4"
- overall diameter: 9-13/16"
- mounting depth: 4-1/2"
- weight: 4.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ceiling speaker
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cutout Template
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-75|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Monitor Audio C265 in-ceiling speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a pivoting 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and a 6.5" C-CAM cone woofer. Engineered for excellent detail resolution and full-range sound, the C265 will deliver great sound for distributed audio, home theater, and stereo applications.
- 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- 6.5" C-CAM Cone Woofer: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacturing, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (up/down and left/right) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A HF (High Frequency) level adjustment also aids in high frequency performance. With the High Frequency Level Control set to "0", the in-ceiling speaker will give you a neutral sound. Switching to the "+3db" setting will give the high frequencies a boost, giving you more clarity and presence in the treble. If you want more prominence in the bass frequencies, switch to the "-3db" setting. The HF level adjustment switch is located on front of the baffle behind the grille.
Boundary Compensation Control: The Boundary Compensation control reduces the speaker's bass output level to compensate for the greater reflection of bass energy when the speaker is placed near a wall. It can be set to "On" or "Off". The Boundary Compensation control is located on the front baffle and hidden behind the grille.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio C265 is outfitted with two gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (sing/dual), and angled pin-connectors.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The C265 in-ceiling speaker features a steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true "trimless", stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
- Cutout Size: 8.3125" (diameter)
- Mounting Depth: 4.5625"
- Ceiling Thickness: 0.125" to 1.625"
Protective Covers: The Monitor Audio C265 features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Monitor Audio C265
In-ceiling speaker$249.99 each
Polk Audio MC60
Polk Audio MC80
Polk Audio 90-RT