Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR
Controlled Performance Series in-wall multi-purpose speaker with built-in back-box
Our take on the Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
High-end in-wall sound
Looking for superb center channel performance without taking up any shelf space? Check out Monitor Audio's in-wall CP-WT240LCR. It delivers clear, dynamic sound and fits between two 16" on-center studs. This multi-talented speaker can also be used as a left- or right-channel speaker. The drivers are specially configured to provide optimal performance whether you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally.
A built-in enclosure elevates your sound
One of my favorite features of Monitor's Controlled Performance series is the back-box that's built onto each model. This carefully designed enclosure helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall. It also keeps dust and dirt out of your speaker.
The speaker's built-in back-box keeps dust and dirt out, and helps deliver consistently balanced sound.
Monitor Audio's secret sauce
The 1" dome tweeter and dual 4" woofers are made from Monitor's high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy. This exceptionally stiff, lightweight material allows the drivers to respond swiftly and precisely to the audio signal for greater accuracy.
The tweeter also gets an anodized coating of gold that ensures smooth, extended highs. It also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
- built-in back-box ensures well-balanced sound in any installation and protects against dust and dirt
- ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium alloy) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- 1" pivoting gold dome C-CAM tweeter for detailed sound and extended high-frequency response
- dual 4" C-CAM bass drivers
- can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- ideal for use as a center-, left-, or right-channel home theater speaker, or in a high-performance stereo system
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- high-frequency level adjustment switch (+3dB, 0dB, -3dB)
- boundary compensation switch to help tune the speaker's sound to your room
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable bezel and removable magnetic steel grille
- overall dimensions (including grille): 8-9/16" x 13-1/16"
- cutout dimensions: 7-3/16" x 11-3/4"
- mounting depth: 3-13/16"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall LCR loudspeaker
- Magnetic grille
- Cosmetic scrim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty/Registration Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Cutout Size||7.1875 x 11.75|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-100|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
LCR Design: The Monitor Audio CP-WT240-LCR is a multi-purpose in-wall speaker that can be used as a center speaker, front left or right speaker, and surround left or right speaker. Its suitable for music and home theater applications, and can be mounted in a portrait or landscape orientation.
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Monitor Audio Custom Install series CP-WT240-LCR in-ceiling speaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter and two 4" C-CAM midrange/midbass woofers. The two 4" woofers offer greater radiating area working in tandem than a single 6" bass driver.
- C-CAM Gold-Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- C-CAM Cone Woofers: Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminum/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material. Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range.
Tweeter & Boundary Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (+/-15°) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A tweeter level adjustment (+3/0/-3 dB) and boundary compensation control (On/Off) also aids in high frequency performance and optimum imaging.
Sealed Design: The Monitor Audio CP-WT240-LCR's airtight enclosure design protects each precision-engineered driver system against the accumulation of damaging dirt and dust.
Trimless Grille: The CP-WT240-LCR in-ceiling speaker features a round "Trimless" steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true trimless, stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
Note: This Custom Install series loudspeaker can only be fixed into drywall with a thickness of up to 1.75".
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio CP-WT240-LCR is fitted with two spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) and angled pin-connectors.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR
Controlled Performance Series in-wall multi-purpose speaker with built-in back-box$499.99 each
Monitor Audio CP-WT140LCR
Controlled Performance Series in-wall multi-purpose speaker with built-in back-box$424.99 each
Polk Audio 255c-LS
In-wall center channel speaker
MartinLogan ElectroMotion® IW
In-wall speaker$499.99 each