Fender Passport® Mini
Compact portable PA system — great for busking and parties
Our take on the Fender Passport® Mini by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Get out there and play
Fender's Passport Mini all-in-one-box PA system can run on 6 "C" batteries as well as standard AC power, making it perfect for busking and outdoor parties. The built-in 2-channel mixer accommodates a vocal mic and an instrument. Even better, the Mini features electric and acoustic guitar modeling, so you won't need a guitar amp to shred or strum accompaniments. The 7-watt amplifier and speaker play plenty loud enough for you to get heard without causing trouble. The Mini is also perfect for classroom, studio, or practicing rock 'n roll in your bedroom without disturbing everyone else in the house.
Simple controls to sound good
The vocal channel includes controls for volume, tone, and reverb. The instrument channel features volume control, guitar preset selection, and acoustic effects with tap/tempo adjustment. An onboard chromatic tuner helps you keep your instrument in tune. A special USB input/output lets you connect a Mini to your computer to record, or run Fender's Fuse™ software to manage presets, recall settings, and connect with the Fender Fuse Community online.
Passport Mini control panel
- compact portable PA speaker
- 7-watt amplifier, 6.5" full-range speaker
- AC adapter included (also runs on 6 "C" batteries)
- Instrument input channel (1/4" TS): volume control, 24 guitar amp model presets, 12 audio effects
- Vocal input channel (XLR and 1/4" TS): volume, tone, and reverb controls
- Aux stereo input (1/8" TRS)
- USB port for digital recording, playback, and connecting to Fender Fuse network and community
- headphone output (1/8" TRS)
- built-in chromatic tuner
- carrying handle doubles as kickstand
- dimensions: 10-1/4"W x 9-11/16"H x 6-5/8"D
- weight: 7.25 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered speaker
- 70" AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Power adapter (12 VDC
- 0.8 A) w/ attached 71" cord
- 71" USB cable (Type-A on one end
- mini type-B on other end)
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Mic inputs||XLR, 1/4" TS|
|Line inputs||1/4" TS|
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||Not given|
Overview: The Fender Passport Mini is a light-weight, portable amplifier for both instruments and microphones. Weighing less than 8 pounds and able to be powered via AC or batteries, the Passport Mini is ideal for street musicians and students, and is the perfect public address system for small events and presentations. It features a 7 watt amp driving a 6.5" full-range driver, and includes both microphone and instrument inputs, 12 onboard effects, amplifier modeling with 24 presets, and USB connectivity for both media playback and editing the presets and effects using the FUSE software.
Amp Modeling: The Passport Mini's instrument input section features 24 amp modeling presets designed for both acoustic and electric guitars. The Acoustic set includes Natural, Parlor, Dreadnought, and Jumbo. The Electric set includes '65 Twin Reverb, '57 Champ, British '60's, and British '80's. Amp models can be edited and saved using the FUSE software connected to the Passport via the supplied USB cable.
Effects: The instrument input on the Passport Mini includes 12 versatile onboard effects, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Vibratone, Vintage Tremolo, Slap-Back Echo, Small Room Reverb, Fender '65 Spring Reverb, Stereo Tape Delay, Tape Delay plus Room Reverb, Chorus plus Hall Reverb and Virbatone plus Room Reverb. The effects can be edited and saved using the FUSE software connected to the Passport via the supplied USB cable.
Anti-feedback: The Passport Mini includes an anti-feedback feature that, when selected, provides a "sweepable" notch filter to reduce feedback. When activated, the Effects knob can be used to "sweep" the notch through the frequency range until it hits the right area and "notches" out the feedback frequencies.
Top Panel: All of the top panel controls and inputs are grouped in separate sections:
- Instrument: This section has a 1/4" TS input jack for an instrument level signal. Controls include a Volume along with a Preset dial for accessing one of the 24 Amp Models, an Effects dial for selecting one of the 12 Effects, and a Tap button. This dual-function button allows you to tap in a delay time or modulation rate setting for the currently active effect, syncing it to the music tempo. The Tap button, if pressed and held in, accesses a guitar tuner feature. LEDs with corresponding note letters will display what note is being played and three additional LEDs will show a fine-tune status: either in tune, slightly flat, or slightly sharp.
- Microphone: The Mic section includes both 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TS jacks for connecting a microphone. Controls for the Mic include: Volume, Tone, and a Reverb amount dial. Blending of the Instrument and Mic inputs is done with the individual Volume controls for each section.
- Auxiliary Connections: A third section contains an 1/8" stereo AUX jack, for playback of a music source, an 1/8" stereo headphone jack, and the mini-USB (type-B) jack for connecting to a computer to run the FUSE software. This section also has a Battery LED, displaying the power status of the optional batteries (not included) if used.
Portability: The Passport Mini makes portability easy with a built-in, metal, carry handle that also doubles as a tilt-back stand for the amp. A removable rear panel gives access to the battery compartment where the amp can be powered from 6 "C" cell batteries (not included), for approximately 20 hours of use.
- Power Requirements: AC/DC adapter, 12 VDC/800 mA (Included)
- Power Output: 7 Watts RMS into 8Ω
- Battery Power: Six "C" cell batteries (not included)
- Speaker: 6.5", 8Ω, Fender special design
- Input Impedance:
- Guitar: > 1MΩ
- Aux: > 13 kΩ
- Vocal XLR: > 2kΩ
- Vocal 1/4": > 2kΩ
- Dimensions: Width - 10.21", Height - 9.66", Depth - 6.58"
- Weight: 7.25 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.