4-input/4-zone stereo mixer for commercial sound systems
Our take on the Samson S-zone by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Central control of up to 4 zones
When you want flexible control of the sound that's playing throughout your establishment, the Samson S-zone mixer may just be your ace in the hole. Use the unit's four aux/line inputs to bring in music and other sources, then send out a custom mix to each of four zones.
The unit's pair of unbalanced microphone inputs can be set to “duck” the zone inputs, so background music automatically turns down when an announcement is made. A small on-board speaker lets you monitor the output to any zone from a central location.
Get a free system design in 3 easy steps
We can help you put together an A/V system that makes your restaurant, gym, office – any place you do business – stand out from the crowd. You can attach floorplans and photos to your systems design request. Your detailed system plan includes a link to a pre-filled shopping cart. Ordering is super easy. Delivery is fast and free.
See what our satisfied customers have to say
1 Share your info and ideas
2 Approve your design
3 Install your gear
Want to save money by doing your own installation? Free tech support is available 7 days a week.
- control up to four zones of audio
- four stereo aux/line inputs for connecting sources
- two balanced mic inputs
- background music automatically "ducks" down when an announcement is made
- preamp with phantom power lets you connect just about any dynamic or condenser microphone
- inputs and outputs use Euroblock Phoenix connectors
- independent 2-band equalization
- front panel speaker and headphone jack for selectable zone monitoring
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 5.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 6' AC Power Cord
- 4 Rubber Feet w/adhesive back
- Owners Manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Samson S-Zone is a 4 channel/4 zone, rack mountable, non-powered audio mixer. It features two balanced mic and four stereo aux/line inputs that can quickly and easily be assigned to any of the four zone outputs, right from the front panel. Each of the four inputs have their own volume controls, as well as individual selector buttons for each of the four output zones. The four outputs have their own volume controls, along with high and low EQ controls. The mixer also features a monitor section, so any of the four zones can be monitored, either through the built-in speaker or through the headphone output.
- Inputs: Each of the S-Zone's four inputs are 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors. Inputs 1 and 2 can accommodate balanced mic and stereo line inputs, both of which can be hooked up simultaneously, however there isn't any way to adjust their levels separately. In this case, a line level device with its own level control would be desirable. Both of the mic inputs have continual +15V phantom power available.
- Outputs: The four zone outputs are 9-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors that can be wired as either balanced or unbalanced outputs, with each of the output blocks having terminals for an optional volume control.
Input Controls: Each input channel has the following controls located on the front panel:
- Volume: Controls level of input signal on that channel.
- Mono/stereo: used to select whether the input signal is mono or stereo.
- Zone 1-4 buttons: Selects which zone that input will be played through.
- Mic Trim: Channels 1 and 2 have individual mic trim dials to fine tune the microphone's signal level. This should be adjusted to get the loudest signal level without any distortion.
Output Controls: Each of the 4 zone outputs has the following controls on the front panel:
- Volume: Controls the output level to that zone.
- Mono/Stereo: Selects whether the output signal will be mono or stereo.
- High/Low: Each output zone has controls for High (Treble) and Low (Bass) equalization. The High control allows +/-12dB of adjustment at 10kHz and the Low control allows +/-12dB of adjustment at 100Hz.
- Output Metering: Each of the four output sections has a 6-segment LED level meter for optimum signal level adjustment.
Ducking: The S-Zone features a flexible ducking system that lowers the volume on channels 3 and 4 when a signal is present on either or both of channel 1 or 2's mic/line inputs. The rear panel has individual Duck Enable switches for channels 1 and 2. A Master Duck switch for channel 1 ducks the other three inputs when channel 1 is used. Each of these has a duck trim level control, on the rear panel, that determines how much the signal is lowered when ducking occurs.
Monitor: The S-Zone includes a monitor section that allows the user to hear what's being played in any of the 4 zones. Controls for the Monitor section include a zone select switch and a volume control. Monitored sound can be heard through the small, built-in speaker or the headphone output, both of which are on the front panel.
Scribe Strip: Each of the input and output sections, on the front panel, has a small scribe strip for convenient labeling.
Remote Level Control: Each of the four zone output blocks has terminals to add an optional wired remote level control, allowing that channel's volume to be adjusted remotely using any standard 10k linear or rotary potentiometer using 3-conductor wire.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.