Steinberg UR22 mkII Recording Bundle
USB/iPad® recording interface with headphones & mic
Steinberg UR22 mkII Recording Bundle - 1/4" balanced outputs for connecting to optional studio monitors
Our take on the Steinberg UR22 mkII Recording Bundle by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This Steinberg recording bundle lets you make music on your computer or iPad.
Record music demos with this convenient starter pack
Capturing and fleshing out your song ideas doesn't have to be majorly expensive or majorly difficult. This Steinberg recording bundle is a great place to start.
The included UR22 mkII interface works with your computer or iPad®. Hook up instruments like your guitar or bass to lay down chord changes and grooves. Then use the included condenser microphone to record vocals. You also get a pair of studio headphones to hear what you're recording.
Beyond the basics
Want to take your demos a little further? The UR22 mkII has two clean-sounding microphone preamps. Using an optional second microphone, you could record a vocalist and, say, an acoustic guitar, at the same time. Versatile inputs let you plug in electric guitars, basses, and keyboards.
Loopback recording for podcasting or live Internet streaming
Here's a cool new feature that Steinberg added to their "mark II" version of the UR22. Loopback recording lets you mix the sound from connected mics or instruments with audio tracks playing in your DAW software. Then you can deliver that mix to internet streaming software. It's a convenient way to record podcasts or broadcast live on the web.
Recording software included
Steinberg is well-known for their popular Cubase digital audio workstation software. A downloadable version of that program, Cubase AI, is included with this interface. Of course, the UR22mkII is also compatible with practically every other major DAW software, too, so you've got plenty of options. You also get a version of Cubasis, Steinberg's recording software for iOS®, for when you want to create music with your iPad.
- includes Steinberg UR22mkII recording interface, ST-M01 condenser mic, and ST-H01 studio headphones
- interface works with Mac®, PC, or iPad
- iPad use requires signal and power adapters:
- optional Lightning to USB adapter or Apple Camera Connection Kit (not included)
- optional USB power adapter or battery pack (5V DC, not included)
- 2 Yamaha D-PRE discrete Class A mic preamps with 48V phantom power
- accepts mic, instrument, line-level, and MIDI signals
- loopback feature lets you mix audio tracks from your computer with signals input directly into the interface
- includes Cubase AI and Cubasis LE digital recording software
- compact, full-metal casing is ideal for portable use
- 2 front-panel XLR/TRS inputs with high-Z switch for use with microphones, keyboards, electric guitars and basses
- two 1/4" balanced analog outputs for connecting powered studio monitors, mixing boards, or effects processors
- 5-pin MIDI input/output for use with an external controller
- 1/4" headphone output with volume control knob
- USB 2.0 port for connection to a computer or iPad
- powered by your computer via USB (iPad use requires separate power adapter, not included)
- 6-1/4"W x 1-7/8"H x 6-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- UR22mkII Audio interface
- ST-M01 Microphone
- ST-H01 Headphones w/ attached 10.25' cord terminating in an 1/8" stereo plug
- One 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter(attached to headphone plug)
- 10' Microphone cable (male XLR connector on one end / female XLR on other)
- 5' USB cable (2.0 Type-A on one end
- Type-B on other)
- Mic stand-adapter
- Installation CD-ROM (PC
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Quick-start guide
- Three "download access code" sheets for Cubase AI
- Cubase LE
- and WaveLab LE recording software
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The UR22mkII Recording Package is a complete music production package that includes Steinberg's UR22mkII USB audio interface, a condenser microphone, monitor headphones, and all the cabling needed to quickly get started recording. Steinberg also includes Cubase AI and WaveLab LE recording software for Mac and Windows, as well as Cubasis LE for iPad. Combined with 24-bit/192 kHz recording quality, two Class-A D-PRE mic preamps, latency-free hardware monitoring, and MIDI input and output, the UR22mkII offers studio-quality audio production at an entry-level price.
UR22mkII Interface: Sharing the same heritage as Steinberg's highly acclaimed MR816 interfaces, the UR22mkII utilizes outstanding converters along with Class-A, D-PRE discrete preamps. D-PRE is a type of preamp technology, developed by Yamaha, that uses two transistors on both the hot and cold signals (an inverted Darlington circuit) for a total of four transistors at the input stage. This maintains very low distortion regardless of signal level. D-PRE preamps have a very wide frequency range that was designed to give a flat response without "coloring" the sound. All A/D and D/A conversion is done at a 24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate. The UR22mkII features two balanced combination 1/4"/XLR input jacks, each having its own Input Gain and an LED Peak indicator. Input 2 has a Hi-Z (impedance) switch for use with line-level signals from an instrument such as a guitar, bass, keyboard, etc. MIDI In/Out jacks are provided for interfacing synthesizers, drum machines, and computer sequencing, and a rear-panel switch provides +48 volts of phantom power for condenser mics. Two 1/4" balanced jacks are used for the main audio output and a front-panel headphone output, with separate level control, is provided as well.
ST-M01 Microphone: The ST-M01 is a high-quality condenser microphone with high sensitivity and a wide frequency response, making it ideal for recording every nuance of your audio source whether its vocals, acoustic guitar, or any other instruments. The Recording Package includes a 10' low-noise XLR cable to plug the microphone into the UR22mkII interface.
ST-H01 Headphones: The ST-H01 studio monitor headphones provide an accurate, sonically neutral signal, making them ideal for monitoring during recording. Their closed-back design means low bleed levels to the microphone during vocal recording, which is ideal for singers recording their own vocals.
Software: The UR22mkII Recording Pack includes a comprehensive software set that has all the tools you need for your production: from the first recording through the final master, but is also compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard. The UR22mkII interface can be switched to CC (Class Compliant) mode to work with iPads and iPhones running audio software such as Steinberg's Cubasis.
- Cubase AI: Cubase AI is a powerful music production software combining audio and MIDI recording, editing, and mixing in a single, integrated software package. Able to run on Mac and PC, its based on the same technologies as Steinberg's advanced music production system, Cubase Pro.
- WaveLab LE: WaveLab LE offers a suite of audio editing tools tailored to the needs of musicians, small recording environments and podcast authors. Providing basic editing and mastering capabilities, WaveLab LE creates a unique one-stop application for recording and editing right through to online podcast publication.
- Cubasis LE: Cubasis LE is the compact version of Steinberg's streamlined, multi-touch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel as its bigger sibling, Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE gives you the freedom of recording, editing, and mixing without being in a recording studio.
Power and Connectivity: Two USB ports are provided for computer connection and powering the UR22mkII. A 5V DC (Micro Type-B) and a USB 2.0 (Type-B, 2.0). All computer or iPad connections are done through the Type-B, 2.0 USB port and, if the connected device can provide sufficient power, can be used to power the interface as well. A Micro USB Type-B port is also provided just for powering the interface from a 5 volt DC power supply or portable battery. A rear panel slide-switch determines which port will be used for powering.
Note: The interface will not power on if it doesn't detect a computer or iPad is plugged into the USB 2.0 port.
|Windows||Mac OS X|
|Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10||Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11|
|Intel or AMD dual core CPU||Intel dual core CPU|
|2 GB RAM|
|4 GB of free HD space|
|USB 2.0/3.0 port|
CC Mode System Requirements:
|iOS: 9.0 or later|
|iPad 2 |
iPad Air 2
iPad Mini (1G)
iPad Mini 2
iPad Mini 3
iPad Mini 4
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
|iPhone 5 |
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
|iPod Touch (5G) |
iPod Touch (6G)
- Mic Input 1/2 (Balanced):
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 22 kHz (+0.1/-0.3)
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB, A-weighted
- THD+N: 0.0035%, 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BPF
- Maximum Input Level: +4 dBu
- Input Impedance: 4 kΩ
- Gain Range: +6 dB - +60 dB
- Line Input 1/2 (Balanced):
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ
- Gain Range: -14 dB - +40 dB
- HI-Z Input 2 (Unbalanced):
- Maximum Input Level: +8.5 dBV
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Gain Range: -0.7 dB - +53.3 dB
- Line Output L/R (Impedance Balanced):
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 22 kHz (+0.1/-0.3)
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB, A-weighted
- THD+N: 0.005%, 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BPF
- Maximum Output Level: +10 dBu
- Output Impedance: 150Ω
- Maximum Output Level: 6 mW + 6 mW, 40Ω
- Specification: USB 2.0, 24 bit, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Power Requirements: 2.5 Watts
- Power Supply Voltage: 4.8 V to 5.2 V
- Power Supply Amperage: 0.5 A or greater
- Weight: 2.27 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 6.25", Height - 1.81", Depth - 6.23"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.