Digital headworn wireless microphone system
Our take on the Audio-Technica ATW-1101/H by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Audio-Technica began building wireless microphone systems in 1986, so they've become experts on the subject over the past decades. And they put all this experience to work in developing their System 10 Series wireless packages.
This ATW-1101/H system features the ATR-1100 receiver, which offers volume control along with Pair and Audio Frequency Peak indicator lights. This digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz band, far from any TV interference. The frequency band gives you quick channel selection and plenty of operating room, and you can use up to eight channels simultaneously.
The system also includes the AW/T1001 UniPak transmitter, which runs for over seven hours on two AA alkaline batteries. The transmitter and receiver feature automatic frequency selection and instantaneous channel selection, sync, and setup, giving you an operating range of up to 100 feet (line of sight).
The PRO 8HEcW headworn microphone comes with a windscreen and a 55" cable to connect it to the UniPak transmitter. This hypercardioid dynamic mic is useful for anyone who wants a hands-free performance, from musicians to speakers. If you've ever wished that you didn't have to juggle a microphone while singing or speaking, the ATW-1101/H system delivers professional-grade performance with the onstage freedom of a wireless mic.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes ATW-R1100 receiver, ATW-T1001 transmitter, and PRO 8HEcW headworn mic
- operating range: 100' (line of sight)
- transmitter automatically links to receiver
- transmitter operates for up to 7 hours on 2 AA batteries
- 2.4 GHz band operation
- frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz
- XLR and 1/4" output connections
- transmitter: 2-3/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 1"D
- receiver: 7-1/2"W x 1-7/8"H x 5"D
- transmitter: 3-1/2 oz.
- receiver: 10-1/4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless receiver (ATW-R1100)
- UniPak body-pack transmitter (ATW-T1001)
- Head-worn microphone w/ 55" cable (PRO SHEcW)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Foam windscreen
- Installation/Operation Manual
- Online Product Registration Card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Digital Wireless System 10 (ATW-1101/H): This Audio-Technica Digital Wireless System 10 includes a wireless receiver (ATW-R1100), a UniPak body-pack wireless transmitter (ATW-T1001), and a head-worn microphone (PRO 8HEcW).
24-Bit/48kHz Operation: Audio-Technica's System 10 is a digital high-fidelity wireless system designed to provide performing musicians and presenters with advanced 24-bit/48kHz operation for clear, natural sound quality and dependable performance.
2.4GHz Wireless Range: Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, far from TV and DTV interference, System 10 offers extremely easy operation and instantaneous channel selection. System 10 uses automatic frequency selection for seamless, interference-free operation. Up to eight channels may be used together without any frequency coordination problems or group selection issues. Typical wireless operating range is 100' without obstruction (may vary).
Note: Every time a receiver/transmitter pair is powered on, it automatically selects clear frequencies. Due to the dynamic nature of System 10 automatic frequency selection, these transmitting frequencies may change during power-up or performance if interference is encountered. These frequency changes occur at both the receiver and transmitter; they are seamless and imperceptible to the ear.
3 Level Diversity Assurance: System 10 wireless ensures clear communications by providing three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time, and space.
- Frequency Diversity: Sends the signal on two dynamically allocated frequencies for interference-free communication.
- Time Diversity: Sends the signal in multiple time slots to maximize immunity to multi-path interference.
- Space Diversity: Uses two antennas on each transmitter and receiver to maximize signal integrity.
Wireless Receiver (ATW-R1100): The ATW-R1100 is a digital 2.4GHz wireless receiver. There are two audio outputs on the back panel - balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" output jacks with level control, plus AF Peak and Pair indicator lights. The dual antennas should be rotated in the shape of a "V" (both 45° from vertical) for best reception. The ATW-R1100 receiver includes a switching power supply that automatically adapts to changes in mains voltage. The ATW-R1100 receivers offer an easy-to-read digital ID display.
- Volume Level: Under typical operating conditions, the receiver's volume control should be turned all the way up, with overall system audio gain adjusted at the mixer or amplifier.
- LED Indicators: The AF Peak Indicator only lights when audio distortion is present at maximum modulation; not affected by position of Volume control. The Pair Indicator glows green to indicate presence of a paired transmitter; also blinks green to indicate pairing mode activated.
Note: For best operation the receiver should be at least 3' above the ground and at least 3' away from a wall or metal surface to minimize reflections. Keep the receiver antennas away from noise sources such as other digital equipment, microwave ovens, as well as away from large metal objects. Keep System 10 receiver 30' away from wireless access points. In multi-channel systems, position receivers at least 3' apart and keep operating transmitters at least 6' from the receivers to help assure maximum RF performance.
UniPak Body-Pack Wireless Transmitter (ATW-T1001): The ATW-T1000 UniPak is a digital 2.4GHz wireless body-pack transmitter. The ATW-T1001 body-pack offers an easy-to-read digital ID display. The versatile ATW-T1001 UniPak body-pack transmitter has a 4-pin locking jack to connect the included head-worn microphone. An integrated metal clip lets it attach to your clothing. The UniPak operates off of two "AA" 1.5V alkaline batteries (not included) that should last approximately 7 hours.
- Input Level Adjustment: The input trim level control in the transmitter enables you to maximize performance for a particular microphone or guitar sensitivity, or to adjust for different acoustic input levels.
- Mute/UnMute Function: With the transmitter on, a slight touch of the Power/Mute button will toggle between muted and unmuted operation.
Head-Worn Microphone (PRO 8HEcW): Offering highly intelligible individual voice reproduction thanks to its Hi-Energy neodymium element, the comfortable, lightweight PRO 8HEcW is ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers and others who need the use of their hands during performance. Its low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads provide a stable, comfortable fit. Designed for professional quality vocal pickup with hands-free operation, the PRO 8HEcW features a pivot-mounted flexible mic boom that descends from either the left or right side. The PRO 8HEcW features a 55" cable that is terminated with a locking 4-pin connector and also includes a windscreen.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Digital headworn wireless microphone system$349.00
Samson Stage XPD1 Headset
Presentation wireless headset microphone with USB receiver
Small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
AKG C414 XLS
Large-diaphragm multi-pattern condenser microphone$974.99$100.00 Instant Savings$1,074.99