USB-DAC & Headphone Amp: The Apogee Groove is a portable USB-DAC and
headphone amp for listening to music on your Windows PC or Mac computer. The
Apogee Groove takes the same high quality audio technology found in the world's
most prestigious recording studios and delivers it to your laptop or desktop
computer. You'll be amazed by the difference in sound quality; the precise
stereo image, punchy bass, and stunningly clear highs.
Note: Your computer has a DAC and headphone jack built-in, however
without a high-quality external DAC and headphone amp like the Groove, you
will miss out on much of the subtlety, detail and dimension of music you
listen to - regardless of what headphones or speakers you use.
Quad Sum ESS Sabre DAC Technology: The Apogee Groove features a Quad Sum DAC design which
employs four ESS DACs per channel to achieve the highest
dynamic range and lowest distortion (THD+N) of any device in its class. The Groove employs ESS Sabre32 32-bit
Hyperstream DAC technology with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator to offer unequaled
dynamic range, ultra-low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input
jitter. The Apogee Grove supports up to 24-bit/192kHz high resolution music
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 20K +/- 0.2dB
- Dynamic Range: 117dB a-weighted
- THD+N (16 dBu): -107 dB with
- THD+N (10.5 dBu): -100dB with 30Ω
Constant Current Drive: Groove's Constant Current Drive output stage
dynamically compensates for the nonlinearities (acoustic, mechanical, or
electrical) of any connected headphones, resulting in lower distortion and a
more linear frequency response. Whether listening through earbuds or "HiFi"
headphones, you'll discover a new level of fidelity, clarity, and detail.
Input & Output: The Apogee Groove USB-DAC and headphone amp is fitted
with a microUSB 2.0 port and 1/8" headphone jack.
- microUSB 2.0 Port: The Apogee Groove features an
asynchronous microUSB 2.0 port
for connection to your computer. Simply connect the Groove to your Windows
or Mac computer's USB (type-A) port, using the 13" microUSB-to-USB cable.
- 1/8" Headphone Jack: The Groove features an 1/8" headphone jack
to connect your headphones or powered speakers. The Apogee Groove has a max
output level of 225mW into 30Ω and 40mW
System Requirements: Your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop will need
to meet the following system requirements in order to connect with the Apogee
- Windows OS: PC or laptop manufactured after January 2006
- Intel Core 2 @ 1.6 GHz or AMD equivalent
- 1 GB RAM minimum
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) or greater
- Available USB port
- Apogee registered USB driver *To download the Windows driver,
register the Groove on the
- Mac OS:
- Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Mac OS X 10.8 or greater
- Available USB port
- Mac Core Audio USB Driver (no additional USB driver necessary)
Aluminum Body: The Apogee Groove USB-DAC and headphone amp features a
premium aluminum build quality.
Volume Control & Multi-Color LEDs: The Apogee Groove has two
volume control buttons (up/down) and three multi-color LEDs.
- A single blue LED indicates Groove is connected and ready but not
streaming audio from an application.
- Purple LEDs display the listening level you've set with the up/down
- Green LEDs display the level of the audio file you're playing back,
regardless of the listening level.
Applications: The Apogee Groove portable USB-DAC and headphone amp can
be used for your music listening enjoyment or when you are working in the studio
mixing music tracks
- Music Listening: Whether you're building your FLAC file collection or subscribing to a premium
music streaming service, you are investing in a higher quality listening
experience. Groove unlocks the full potential of that experience, revealing
definition, clarity and details like you have never heard before.
- Studio Mixing: With professional headphones, your laptop and Groove, you can mix or make
music anywhere. Groove's reference quality sound insures you will hear every
detail of your project as it would sound in the studio.
Drawstring Pouch: The Apogee Groove comes with a drawstring pouch for
storage. It is also fitted with a leash loop to add a wrist-strap or lanyard
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.